Azerbaijan’s border guards detain 1,344 wanted people since early 2018
Since the beginning of 2018, Azerbaijan's State Border Service (SBS) has achieved important results on strengthening of border control in the fight against illegal migration and operational-search measures.
Azerbaijan’s border guards have detained 1,344 people wanted by Interpol or the country's law-enforcement agencies, the SBS told APA.
Seventy six people were detained while attempting to cross the state border with fraudulent documents or documents belonging to other people, while 29 of them are Azerbaijani citizens. Attempts of 47 foreign citizens to enter Azerbaijan and travel to the European countries in transit using fraudulent documents were prevented, and 101 foreign citizens, who could not explain the purpose of their arrival, were supposed to be unlawful migrants and were not allowed to enter the country.
During the reporting period, documents of 29 foreigners, including 17 Uzbek citizens, 3 Tajik citizens, 2 Iranian citizens, 2 Kyrgyz citizens, 2 Ghanaian citizens, a Congolese citizen, a Jordanian citizen, and a Russian citizen were found to be fraudulent at the state border checkpoints.
As more as 18 foreigners, including 8 Sri Lankan, 3 Pakistani, 2 Iranian, 2 Iraqi, 2 Indian and a Congolese citizen, were detained while attempting to travel to Europe in transit by using fraudulent visa and residence documents.
During this period, 27 Uzbek citizens, 20 Pakistani citizens, 18 Indian citizens, 8 Sri Lankan citizens, 5 Kyrgyz citizens, 4 Iranian citizens, 4 Tajik citizens, 3 Bangladeshis citizens, 2 Emirati citizens, 2 Iraqi citizens, 2 Afghani citizens, 2 Ghanaian citizens, a Congolese citizen, a Saudi citizen, a Syrian citizen and a Egyptian citizen, who could not explain the purpose of their arrival, were not allowed to enter Azerbaijan.
- 26.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 79 times
- 25.05.2018OCC reconnaissance company SEL exercises finish in Baku
- 25.05.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 25.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2018Distinguished Visitors Day held during OCC reconnaissance company exercises
- 24.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018SEL exercises kick off in Baku as part of Operational Capabilities Concept - VİDEO
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets NATO generals
- 23.05.2018Armenian soldier found dead at combat position
- 23.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 88 times
- 21.05.2018Baku: Armenian reports on alleged involvement of tactical, military aircraft in drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands ‘exaggerated’
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 21.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 102 times
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s economic growth, increasing military potential brought Armenia to collapse, says defense minister
- 18.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets heads of Turkish, Georgian military educational institutions
- 17.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Combines Arms Army stages live-fire drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Combined Army Unit’s training and educational center, inaugurates newly built military hospital
- 16.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.05.2018Baku hosts meeting of chiefs of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high military educational institutions
- 16.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 15.05.2018Baku hosts NATO Standing Group of Partner Logistics Experts meeting
- 15.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates several military facilities
- 14.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Defense Minister: "Azerbaijan Army is fully prepared for large-scale combat operations"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani army capable of performing most challenging tasks: presidential aide
- 11.05.2018Hand grenade and cartridges of various calibers found in Baku
- 11.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits "Efes-2018" Exercises Management Center
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan defense minister watches "Efes-2018" int’l exercises
- 10.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s high-ranking military officers pay tribute to national hero Albert Agarunov
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Turkey
- 08.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 07.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 102 times
- 07.04.2018Zakir Hasanov: Any possible provocations by enemy on eve of elections to be prevented
- 09.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "Strengthening the military potential of our country is one of the main priorities"
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran mull military cooperation
- 04.04.201825 shells found in Azerbaijan