Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss cooperation in security and military spheres
On November 23, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Defense, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov met with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, General Zubayr Mahmoud Hayyat, who is on an official visit to the country, the Defense Ministry told APA.
Prior to the meeting, a Pakistani delegation led by General Zubayr Mahmoud Hayyat visited the Alley of Honor in Baku to lay a wreath at the tomb of Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev. The Pakistani delegation also laid flowers at the grave of prominent ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva.
They also visited the Alley of Martyrs to pay tribute to Azerbaijani heroes who gave their lives for the country’s independence and territorial integrity. The Pakistani delegation laid a wreath at the Eternal Flame monument.
Then, the Pakistani delegation was officially welcomed in the Ministry of Defense. They passed along the guard of honor, and national anthems of both countries were played.
The Azerbaijani defense minister and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee of Pakistan held a one-on-one meeting, which was continued in an expanded format.
During the meeting held with the participation of delegations, Minister Hasanov expressed satisfaction with friendly ties and mutual trust between Azerbaijan and Pakistan. Hailing the development of Azerbaijan-Pakistan ties, they said that these relations have already reached a level of strategic partnership.
Defense Minister Hasanov briefed the Pakistani delegation on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Expressing gratitude to Pakistan for supporting in international organizations Azerbaijan’s just stance on the settlement of the conflict, the minister reiterated Azerbaijan’s support for the territorial integrity of Pakistan.
The sides also highlighted the importance of cooperation in the military, military-technical spheres and in the field of security and military education, as well as the expansion of relations between the Air Forces and Naval Forces of the two countries.
Then the Pakistani delegation visited a museum with the expositions reflecting the life and activities of Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev, established in the administrative building of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, as well as got acquainted with the working environment in other office premises.
- 19.02.2018Iran's defense minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ex-military official does not rule out ‘Armenian involvement’ in assassination attempt on Israeli defense minister
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.02.2018Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 02.02.2018Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov, Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk mull situation on contact line of troops
- 02.02.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.02.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 01.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijan revises bill on status of military servicemen
- 31.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijani army gaining strength day by day – deputy minister
- 29.01.2018Mountain exercise for Azerbaijani servicemen underway in Georgia
- 29.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.01.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 23.11.2017Body of Azerbaijani soldier found near Armenian army positions
- 24.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 134 times
- 24.11.2017Revised draft law on Azerbaijani Armed Forces to be tabled in parliament
- 23.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 22.11.2017Chairman of Pakistan’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times