Azerbaijan, Georgia ink military co-op plan for 2018
The Georgian delegation first visited the Alley of Honor to laid wreaths and flowers at the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and prominent ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva. They also visited the Ally of Martyrs to pay tribute to Azerbaijani martyrs.
Later, an official welcome ceremony was held for the Georgian minister in the Defense Ministry. Levan Izoria passed along the guard of honor and national anthems of both countries were played. In accordance with the protocol, Izoria signed the guest book.
The ministers first held a one-on-one meeting, which was continued in an expanded format.
Having greeted the guests, Minister Hasanov stressed that the strategic partnership between the two countries is at a high level and this plays an important role not only in the development of our countries but also in ensuring security in the entire region.
Noting that military cooperation between the two countries is carried out by providing the security of regional economic projects, programs implemented both bilaterally and within the NATO, as well as within the format of the Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia’s military structures, Hasanov emphasized the importance of expanding areas of activity of this cooperation.
The Azerbaijani minister informed his Georgian counterpart that Armenia, as the occupying country, creates a serious threat to regional security and provides ongoing support for separatism on the state level. Minister Hasanov once again thanked the Georgian people for supporting Azerbaijan and recognizing its territorial integrity within the international organizations, and stressed that Azerbaijan also supports and recognizes the territorial integrity of Georgia.
L. Izoria, expressing satisfaction with his next visit to Azerbaijan, again stressed that this is a clear example of the high level of cooperation between the two countries.
Noting the important role of friendly relations between the heads of state in the development of relations between the two countries, the Georgian minister emphasized the significance of such meetings in terms of expanding cooperation.
During the meeting, the ministers discussed cooperation issues in the field of verification and arms control. The sides also exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the military, military-technical spheres, and in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as conducting joint military exercises, the organization of working meetings and other issues of mutual interest.
In the end, a plan of bilateral cooperation for 2018 between the Ministries of Defense of Azerbaijan and Georgia was signed.
- 16.06.2018Azerbaijan’s defense minister: Our army must always be ready to suppress provocation of enemy
- 16.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijani Army Corps exercises successfully completed
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 15.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani military conducts practical firing from DANA self-propelled artillery systems
- 14.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani army’s rocket, artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VİDEO
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s IFV crews improve combat skills
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters conduct flights over Baku in preparation for parade - UPDATED
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia sign agreement on activities of border commissioners
- 13.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s missile units conduct practical firing exercises - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Polonez systems now at disposal of Azerbaijani Army - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan exhibits defense products at Eurosatory 2018 in Paris
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Defense Ministry’s military unit - UPDATED
- 11.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan defense minister attends NATO meeting
- 08.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijan Naval Forces conduct practical training
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani defense products to go on display at Paris exhibition
- 07.06.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 05.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Defense Ministry’s military campus
- 05.06.2018Baku hosts working meeting with NATO education experts
- 05.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.06.2018NATO releases video clip about Azerbaijani peacekeepers in Afghanistan
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey complete joint military drills
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Russia
- 04.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits military units on frontline
- 01.06.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 01.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.05.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 2,900 times last month
- 31.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 09.03.2018Tofig Huseynov promoted to Major General
- 09.03.2018Shamsaddin Heydarov awarded “Honored Doctor” title
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of servicemen of Special State Protection Service
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president receives Georgian defense minister - UPDATED
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold large-scale military drills involving 25,000 personnel
- 09.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan