Azerbaijan, Georgia ink military co-op plan for 2018
The Georgian delegation first visited the Alley of Honor to laid wreaths and flowers at the graves of national leader Heydar Aliyev and prominent ophthalmologist, academician Zarifa Aliyeva. They also visited the Ally of Martyrs to pay tribute to Azerbaijani martyrs.
Later, an official welcome ceremony was held for the Georgian minister in the Defense Ministry. Levan Izoria passed along the guard of honor and national anthems of both countries were played. In accordance with the protocol, Izoria signed the guest book.
The ministers first held a one-on-one meeting, which was continued in an expanded format.
Having greeted the guests, Minister Hasanov stressed that the strategic partnership between the two countries is at a high level and this plays an important role not only in the development of our countries but also in ensuring security in the entire region.
Noting that military cooperation between the two countries is carried out by providing the security of regional economic projects, programs implemented both bilaterally and within the NATO, as well as within the format of the Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia’s military structures, Hasanov emphasized the importance of expanding areas of activity of this cooperation.
The Azerbaijani minister informed his Georgian counterpart that Armenia, as the occupying country, creates a serious threat to regional security and provides ongoing support for separatism on the state level. Minister Hasanov once again thanked the Georgian people for supporting Azerbaijan and recognizing its territorial integrity within the international organizations, and stressed that Azerbaijan also supports and recognizes the territorial integrity of Georgia.
L. Izoria, expressing satisfaction with his next visit to Azerbaijan, again stressed that this is a clear example of the high level of cooperation between the two countries.
Noting the important role of friendly relations between the heads of state in the development of relations between the two countries, the Georgian minister emphasized the significance of such meetings in terms of expanding cooperation.
During the meeting, the ministers discussed cooperation issues in the field of verification and arms control. The sides also exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in the military, military-technical spheres, and in the field of military education and military medicine, as well as conducting joint military exercises, the organization of working meetings and other issues of mutual interest.
In the end, a plan of bilateral cooperation for 2018 between the Ministries of Defense of Azerbaijan and Georgia was signed.
- 19.03.2018Group of Azerbaijani military officers promoted to colonel
- 19.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Personnel, military equipment involved in Azerbaijan’s large-scale drills return to places of permanent deployment - VİDEO
- 17.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Defense Minister: Large-scale drills prove Azerbaijani army has high level of operational and combat readiness
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani defense minister visits new helicopter military unit in frontline zone - VİDEO
- 16.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of large-scale drills - VIDEO
- 15.03.201812 missiles found in Aghstafa
- 15.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 15.03.2018Armenia continues military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018Rocket, artillery troops of Azerbaijani army deployed to firing positions - VIDEO
- 14.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Actions taken on terrain board in course of military drills in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Terrain reconnaissance conducted during Azerbaijani army’s drills - VİDEO
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan’s tank units involved in large-scale drills
- 13.03.2018Troops redeployed at night during Azerbaijani Army exercises
- 13.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani troops involved in large-scale exercises moving to operational areas - VIDEO
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Service for Mobilization and Conscription
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Migration Service
- 08.03.2018Open Doors Day will be held on March 20
- 08.03.2018U.S. European Command held a seminar in Baku
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of servicemen of State Border Service
- 07.03.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 07.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on conscription
- 06.03.2018Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits military units on front line
- 06.03.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.03.2018ANAMA disarms 1,437 UXOs, 1 anti-tank mine in February
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani president increases salaries of military servants and non-civil servants
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new education block of Special School of State Border Service
- 05.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2018Azerbaijan downs Armenian UAV
- 03.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 02.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan Defense Ministry delegation on visit to Moscow
- 01.03.2018Ilham Aliyev ratifies Azerbaijan-Moldova military co-op agreement
- 09.03.2018Tofig Huseynov promoted to Major General
- 09.03.2018Shamsaddin Heydarov awarded “Honored Doctor” title
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of servicemen of Special State Protection Service
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president receives Georgian defense minister - UPDATED
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold large-scale military drills involving 25,000 personnel
- 09.03.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan