Azerbaijan, China ink document on military assistance
A delegation led by Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov is on an official visit to Beijing at the invitation of Member of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, Chinese Defense Minister, Colonel General Wei Fenghe.
Following the official welcoming ceremony, the defense ministers of the two countries held a meeting.
Wei Fenghe said that despite the geographical remoteness of China and Azerbaijan, the two countries’ people historically enjoyed friendly relations. He also stressed the important role of the historical Silk Road in the establishment of these relations.
Hailing the development of diplomatic relations established between the two countries 26 years ago, the Chinese minister said that over the past period mutual cooperation in various fields has expanded, and mutual trust has been strengthened sufficiently.
Fenghe went on to say that new opportunities for cooperation between China and Azerbaijan within the framework of the ‘One Belt, One Road’ Initiative emerged, expressing satisfaction with Azerbaijan’s huge support to this strategy.
Touching upon the cooperation between China and Azerbaijan in the military sphere, the minister said that there is a great potential in this direction.
Fenghe stressed that China’s position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged and his country, as before, supports the resolution of the conflict in accordance with the norms and principles of international law and within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
The Azerbaijani defense minister, in turn, expressed gratitude to his Chinese counterpart for the warm welcome and hospitality. Hasanov noted that friendly relations between Azerbaijan and China have deep roots, and these ties form the basis of modern relations between the two countries.
Referring to the military and political situation in the South Caucasus, Hasanov underlined that the continuation of Armenia’s aggressive policy against Azerbaijan for more than 25 years poses a serious threat not only to Azerbaijan, but also to peace and security in the entire region.
Minister Hasanov expressed gratitude to the Chinese side for supporting Azerbaijan’s fair position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The meeting ended with the signing of a document on military assistance between the defense ministries of Azerbaijan and China.
- 26.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 79 times
- 25.05.2018OCC reconnaissance company SEL exercises finish in Baku
- 25.05.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 25.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2018Distinguished Visitors Day held during OCC reconnaissance company exercises
- 24.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018SEL exercises kick off in Baku as part of Operational Capabilities Concept - VİDEO
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets NATO generals
- 23.05.2018Armenian soldier found dead at combat position
- 23.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 88 times
- 21.05.2018Baku: Armenian reports on alleged involvement of tactical, military aircraft in drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands ‘exaggerated’
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani serviceman killed in Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 21.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 102 times
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s economic growth, increasing military potential brought Armenia to collapse, says defense minister
- 18.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets heads of Turkish, Georgian military educational institutions
- 17.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Combines Arms Army stages live-fire drills in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views Combined Army Unit’s training and educational center, inaugurates newly built military hospital
- 16.05.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.05.2018Baku hosts meeting of chiefs of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian high military educational institutions
- 16.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 15.05.2018Baku hosts NATO Standing Group of Partner Logistics Experts meeting
- 15.05.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister inaugurates several military facilities
- 14.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Defense Minister: "Azerbaijan Army is fully prepared for large-scale combat operations"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani army capable of performing most challenging tasks: presidential aide
- 11.05.2018Hand grenade and cartridges of various calibers found in Baku
- 11.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits "Efes-2018" Exercises Management Center
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan defense minister watches "Efes-2018" int’l exercises
- 10.05.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s high-ranking military officers pay tribute to national hero Albert Agarunov
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit Turkey
- 08.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijan, China discuss military cooperation
- 28.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.04.2018Azerbaijan defense minister visits Chinese CETC int’l company
- 27.04.2018Range of Azerbaijani-made defense products reaches 1,200 items
- 26.04.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani defense minister to visit China