Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 24.10.2016Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 20 times
- 22.10.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenia seeks to pave way for future provocations
- 22.10.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 20 times in last 24 hours
- 21.10.2016Ministry of Defence clarifies information about soldier death
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan dismisses Armenian media reports on frontline situation
- 21.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 28 times
- 20.10.2016Self-Evaluation Exercise begins within the NATO Operational Capabilities Concept
- 20.10.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijani, Armenian troops’ contact line
- 20.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with Czech counterpart
- 20.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 19.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister takes part in "Future Forces International Exhibition 2016"
- 19.10.2016Iran warships dock at Azerbaijani cost
- 19.10.2016OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 19.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 13 times
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister to attend Future Forces Forum 2016
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijani military begins training of all tank units - VİDEO
- 17.10.2016Iranian warships to dock in Baku
- 17.10.2016Armenian violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 10 times
- 15.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister give instructions on tranfer of weapons, military equipment to winter operation mode
- 15.10.2016Armenia continues to break ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2016President: Azerbaijan keen to buy most modern weapons from Pakistan
- 14.10.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijan checking combat readiness of air defense forces
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister inspects progress of construction work in military units on frontline
- 14.10.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister highly appreciates fighting spirit of personnel on frontline
- 13.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 28 times
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister observes Armenian army positions
- 12.10.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits training and shooting center
- 11.10.2016NATO's Mobile Training Team conducts seminar in Baku
- 11.10.2016Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister checks readiness of artillery units on frontline
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani Armed Forces well aware of characteristics of missiles displayed by Armenia
- 11.10.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.10.2016Azerbaijani SBS holds tactical exercises in Caspian Sea
- 10.10.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 21 times
- 07.10.2016404 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan’s Aghstafa
- 07.10.2016ANAMA disarms 173 UXOs, 11 antitank mines in September
- 21.02.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 21.02.2014More than 20 Turkish companies to participate in international defense industry exhibition in Azerbaijan
- 24.02.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 20.02.2014Once more confirmed that Japan has sold tank carriers to Armenia - PHOTO
- 20.02.2014Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Ceasefire was violated 10 times within a day
- 20.02.2014Azerbaijani Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk discuss current situation on contact line of troops