Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan checks combat training level of mortar units stationed on frontline
- 17.01.2017Armenia fires at Azerbaijani army positions from reactive flamethrower
- 17.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2017Armenia again aggravates situation on frontline: Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 16.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 14.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-constructed ship of State Border Service
- 13.01.2017Armenian drone drops explosive on Azerbaijani territory: Defense Ministry
- 13.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 50 times
- 12.01.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov visits Azerbaijani-Armenian border
- 12.01.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 12.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2017Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new barrack, military-household complex in Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijani peacekeepers sent to Afghanistan
- 11.01.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 11.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 42 times
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani President: "Additional measures to be taken for strengthening our military potential"
- 10.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 40 times
- 09.01.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 07.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 06.01.2017ANAMA disarms 1068 UXOs, 14 mines in December
- 06.01.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Armed incident in Armenian military unit in Karabakh leaves two wounded
- 05.01.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed 79M manats
- 05.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 36 times
- 04.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 31 times
- 03.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 38 times
- 02.01.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of spreading disinformation
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan says Armenia’s leadership bears responsibility for latest diversion attempt
- 30.12.2016Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to get back body of its soldier killed by Armenians
- 29.12.2016December 29 diversion was pre-planned by Yerevan: retired general
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army intercepts Armenian drone
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan denies Armenian media reports of military losses
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijan: Investigation underway to ascertain fate of missing soldier
- 29.12.2016Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian diversion, enemy suffers losses
- 29.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 39 times
- 28.12.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bahrain mull prospects of military co-op
- 27.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 46 times
- 21.02.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 21.02.2014More than 20 Turkish companies to participate in international defense industry exhibition in Azerbaijan
- 24.02.2014Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 20.02.2014Once more confirmed that Japan has sold tank carriers to Armenia - PHOTO
- 20.02.2014Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Ceasefire was violated 10 times within a day
- 20.02.2014Azerbaijani Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk discuss current situation on contact line of troops