Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry dismisses another Armenian disinformation
- 18.08.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 17.08.2017Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2017President awards State Border Service employees
- 16.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 15.08.2017Current situation in the front-line units of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces has been checked
- 15.08.2017State Border Service holds large-scale exercises in Caspian Sea
- 15.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 13.08.2017Iranian warships left Baku port
- 13.08.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister took part in closing ceremony of “International Army Games-2017” - PHOTOSESSION
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan and Russia intend to develop military-technical cooperation
- 12.08.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 11.08.2017Zakir Hasanov departs for Moscow on a visit
- 11.08.2017Closing ceremony of Sea Cup 2017 held in Baku
- 11.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.08.2017"Sea Cup-2017" international contest’s winners determined
- 10.08.2017General: Armenia’s intention to compensate its defeats on frontline in virtual space is failure
- 10.08.2017Last episode of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest completed
- 10.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.08.2017Baku to host final stage of 'Sea Cup - 2017' int'l contest
- 09.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.08.2017Repair and maintenance center for armored fighting vehicles opened in Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani military sailors achieved next success at 'Sea Cup - 2017'
- 08.08.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 07.08.2017Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan conducting joint naval exercises
- 07.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 146 times
- 06.08.2017“G-124” warship of Azerbaijan Naval Forces successfully fired at sea target - VİDEO
- 05.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 04.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 138 times
- 03.08.2017Next stage of "Sea Cup - 2017" contest to involve MiG-29 fighter aircrafts
- 03.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 141 times
- 02.08.2017Azerbaijani servicemen presented samples of culture in the House of Friendship
- 02.08.2017Artillery fire will be conducted on sea targets in "Sea Cup - 2017" contest
- 02.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 01.08.2017President: Azerbaijan’s hosting “Sea Cup – 2017” proves its increasing prestige in the world
- 01.08.2017Nearly 300 personnel to join “Sea Cup – 2017” in Baku
- 01.08.2017Solemn opening ceremony of "Masters of Artillery Fire" and "Sniper Frontier" contests held in Kazakhstan
- 01.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 09.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 41 times
- 10.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 43 times
- 10.12.2016Remnants of exploded shell found in Terter
- 08.12.2016New military police chief appointed in Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2016OSCE holds regular contact line monitoring
- 08.12.2016OSCE reps visit Aghdam district executive authority