Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold joint military drills
The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan and Turkey will hold live-fire joint tactical exercises on May 1-5.
The exercises will be conducted in accordance with the agreement on military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry said on Friday.
A solemn ceremony was held at an air base to welcome the personnel of the Turkish Armed Forces that will take part in the drills.
The Turkish servicemen were welcomed by air base officer Colonel Munasib Babayev and Turkish military attaché to Azerbaijan, Brigadier General Zafer Ocak.
After the military band performed the national anthems of the two countries, the Turkish soldiers went to the military unit, where they will be accommodated during the exercises.
Emphasizing the importance of joint exercises, the head of the Turkish delegation, Colonel Hakan Acikgoz, noted that the combat experience gained in the exercises will be reflected on the further operational plans of both countries.
The main aim of the exercises is to improve coordination through the exchange of experience between the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Turkey, as well as to achieve the interoperability of the military units of the two countries through joint headquarters planning, improving the readiness and capabilities of the units to conduct operations.
The joint drills will involve armored vehicles, artillery systems and mortars, military and transport helicopters of the Air Force, as well as air defense units and anti-aircraft missile units equipped with modern defensive systems to protect groupings from the air.
During the preparatory period, a number of cultural events for the Turkish military personnel are due to take place.
- 23.11.2017Body of Azerbaijani soldier found near Armenian army positions
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss cooperation in security and military spheres
- 23.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 122 times
- 22.11.2017Chairman of Pakistan’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 138 times
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister receives delegation of UAE National Defense College
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani army holds live-fire stage of Command-Staff War Games
- 20.11.2017NATO Days in Azerbaijan Armed Forces
- 20.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.11.2017The troops of the Nakhchivan garrison continue activity in the Command-Staff War Games - VIDEO
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting with command staff involved in war games
- 17.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan sign plan for military cooperation
- 16.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani army to hold command-staff war games
- 15.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 14.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 10.11.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.11.2017Defense minister addresses NATO meeting
- 09.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 08.11.2017Military experts of Azerbaijan and Germany hold meeting
- 08.11.2017No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 08.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Military attachés accredited to Azerbaijan visit Naval Forces
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani defense minister to attend NATO meeting
- 07.11.2017OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 07.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 133 times
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan to institute ‘Rashadat’ order for Armed Forces
- 06.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 03.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on training of Afghan servicemen in Azerbaijan
- 03.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov and Andrzej Kasprzyk mull current situation on contact line
- 02.11.2017Armenia resorts to provocation on border with Azerbaijan
- 02.11.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund exceed AZN 86 mln
- 01.11.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 31.10.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,500 times in October
- 31.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 22.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 24.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 113 times
- 24.04.2017World military spending: increases in U.S. and Europe, decreases in oil-exporting countries
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry holds enlarged board meeting
- 21.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani army stages live-fire exercises