Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
Over the past 24 hours, Armenia’s armed forces have 126 times violated the ceasefire along the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops, the Azerbaijani Defence Ministry said on its website on September 1.
Military units of the armed forces of Armenia were using large-caliber machine guns.
The Azerbaijani army positions in Kohnegishlag village of Aghstafa district, in Kamarli, Gizilhajili villages of Gazakh district, in Aghdam, Munjuglu, Garalar villages of Tovuz district, Zamanly village and on nameless hills in Gadabay district underwent fire from the Armenian army positions located on nameless hills in Noyemberyan district, in Berkaber, Paravakar villages and on nameless hills in Ijevan district, in Mosesgekh, Chinari, Aygedzor villages and on nameless hills in Berd district and on nameless hills in Krasnoselsk district.
Moreover, the Azerbaijani army positions were shelled from the Armenian positions located near the occupied Goyarkh, Chilaburt, Yarymja villages of Terter district, Taghibeyli, Shikhlar, Bash Garvand, Javahirli, Abdinli, Garagashly, Novruzlu, Marzili villages of Aghdam district, Kuropatkino village of Khojavend district, Ashaghy Veysalli, Garvand, Garakhanbayli, Ashaghy Seyidahmadli, Gorgan, Kurdlar, Horadiz villages of Fuzuli district, Nuzgar villages of Jabrayil district, as well as from positions located on nameless hills in Goranboy, Terter, Aghdam, Khojavend and Fuzuli districts of Azerbaijan.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in December 1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Artsrun Hovhannisyan continues to surprise people with his stupid comments
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS issues statement on border shootout, wounded soldier awarded medal - UPDATED
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani army liberates strategic heights, controls winery in Nakhchivan - VİDEO
- 21.06.2018OSCE permanent representatives arrive in Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 125 times
- 20.06.2018Turkish servicemen arrive in Azerbaijan to participate in festive events
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army conducts field exercises - PHOTOSESSION
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani defense minister calls on media to be sensitive while reporting solider deaths
- 20.06.2018Zakir Hasanov: Supreme Commander-in-Chief diplomatically brought down Sargsyan gov’t, without using weaponry
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani state meets all needs of army, says defense minister
- 20.06.2018Defense minister: Azerbaijani army now controls road to Lachin
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army owns most advanced missile, artillery systems: defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani army fully ready and able to fulfill any command – defense minister
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MoD releases video about liberation of Gunnut village - VİDEO
- 20.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 19.06.2018Minister of Defense participates in opening of military unit of Rocket and Artillery Troops in frontline zone
- 19.06.2018Next tactical UAV belonging to Armenia destroyed
- 19.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 95 times
- 18.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.06.2018Azerbaijan’s defense minister: Our army must always be ready to suppress provocation of enemy
- 16.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijani Army Corps exercises successfully completed
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters continue flights over Baku in preparation for parade
- 15.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 94 times
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani military conducts practical firing from DANA self-propelled artillery systems
- 14.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani army’s rocket, artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VİDEO
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s IFV crews improve combat skills
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan’s military aircraft, helicopters conduct flights over Baku in preparation for parade - UPDATED
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia sign agreement on activities of border commissioners
- 13.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 93 times
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s missile units conduct practical firing exercises - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Polonez systems now at disposal of Azerbaijani Army - VIDEO
- 12.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan exhibits defense products at Eurosatory 2018 in Paris
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Defense Ministry’s military unit - UPDATED
- 11.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan defense minister attends NATO meeting
- 08.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.09.2017Azerbaijani MoD: Disinformers of Armenian special services continue to deceive population
- 04.09.2017Armenia 109 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.09.2017NATO’s Mobile Training Team conducts training courses for Air Force of Azerbaijan
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan denies Armenian disinformation on ceasefire violation during OSCE monitoring
- 31.08.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 31.08.2017Armenia over 4,000 times violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan in August