Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
The Lazio regional administrative court (TAR) on Thursday rejected an appeal by the Puglia region against a government order to uproot and replant olive trees for the construction of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), APA reported citing ANSA agency.
On April 6 the Lazio TAR suspended an environment ministry permit for the removal of olive trees in the area of the work site for the TAP pipeline in Melendugno, Puglia, pending today's hearing on the appeal against the permit.
On April 10 Industry Minister Carlo Calenda ruled out a change of location for the TAP project in Puglia following big protests over the removal of olive trees. "Changing now would mean saying that we won't do it, but it is fundamentally important that we do," Calenda told reporters in Rome. "Fourteen different alternatives were discussed for the arrival site. The infrastructure is in the implementation phase and the debate lasted a very long time".
TAP is a part of the Southern Gas Corridor, which is one of the priority energy projects for the European Union.
The project envisages transportation of gas from Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz Stage 2 to the EU countries.
The pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) on the Turkish-Greek border, run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Italy’s south.
TAP will be 878 kilometers in length (Greece 550 kilometers, Albania 215 kilometers, Adriatic Sea 105 kilometers, and Italy 8 kilometers). Its highest point will be 1,800 meters in Albania’s mountains, while its lowest point will be 820 meters beneath the sea.
Related news releases
- 17.08.2017Over five million manats allocated for road construction in Azerbaijan’s Aghsu
- 16.08.2017AZN 4 mln manat allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Binagadi, Mehdiabad, Novkhani
- 15.08.20173mln manats allocated for reconstruction of water supple and sewage systems in ‘White City’
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 23.3M for restoration of Gakh-Zagatala highway
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 24.6M for repair of Zagatala-Balaken-Mazimchay highway
- 08.08.2017President: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will increase transit opportunities of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017AZAL calls to buy air tickets only from Airline's trusted partners
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of motor road in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gakh district
- 03.08.2017Balaken-Saribulag-Gabagchol-Khalatala motor road launched
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of Balaken Hydroelectric Power Station
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates money for construction of 29 buildings in Pirallahi
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.7M for road construction in Ujar
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani ambassador familiarizes with works on BTK in Georgia
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.8M for road construction in Barda
- 25.07.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Hajigabul
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Zire-Turkan motor road
- 21.07.2017Buta Airways starts sale of air tickets to Istanbul and St. Petersburg
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev lays foundation of fish hatcheries in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates drinking water supply project in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Narakand complex in Pirallahi district
- 20.07.2017Georgian official: I’m confident more countries will join BTK
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan-Iran MoU on development of railways approved
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey to strengthen customs cooperation
- 19.07.2017Baku Telephone Communications Production Association becomes LLC
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 400M
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan ranks worldwide in terms of creating parks
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6M for road construction in Imishli
- 13.07.2017Karam Hasanov: "Inaccuracies concerning boundaries of some administrative-territorial districts led to problems"
- 11.07.2017Law to end displeasure of mobile communication subscribers about advertising messages enters into force
- 11.07.2017Ticket for Buta Airways put on sale
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 35%
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14.4M for road construction in Sabirabad
- 07.07.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport achieves highest growth rate in passenger traffic in June
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Tartar
- 03.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.9M for road construction in Shamakhi
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened new road in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017Airfare of Buta Airways flights to start from €29
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea