Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
The Lazio regional administrative court (TAR) on Thursday rejected an appeal by the Puglia region against a government order to uproot and replant olive trees for the construction of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), APA reported citing ANSA agency.
On April 6 the Lazio TAR suspended an environment ministry permit for the removal of olive trees in the area of the work site for the TAP pipeline in Melendugno, Puglia, pending today's hearing on the appeal against the permit.
On April 10 Industry Minister Carlo Calenda ruled out a change of location for the TAP project in Puglia following big protests over the removal of olive trees. "Changing now would mean saying that we won't do it, but it is fundamentally important that we do," Calenda told reporters in Rome. "Fourteen different alternatives were discussed for the arrival site. The infrastructure is in the implementation phase and the debate lasted a very long time".
TAP is a part of the Southern Gas Corridor, which is one of the priority energy projects for the European Union.
The project envisages transportation of gas from Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz Stage 2 to the EU countries.
The pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) on the Turkish-Greek border, run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Italy’s south.
TAP will be 878 kilometers in length (Greece 550 kilometers, Albania 215 kilometers, Adriatic Sea 105 kilometers, and Italy 8 kilometers). Its highest point will be 1,800 meters in Albania’s mountains, while its lowest point will be 820 meters beneath the sea.
Related news releases
- 16.02.2018Caspian European Club tourism committee holds session
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 142M this year
- 16.02.2018Automobile and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 15.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Nakhchivan
- 15.02.2018Gilan Holding holds blood donation campaign for patients with thalassemia in Sumgayit
- 14.02.2018Freightage by Europe-Caucasus-Asia transport corridor increased last year
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan, Iran to launch joint automobile plant in March
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan allocates 19.5mln manats for construction of kindergartens in districts
- 09.02.2018AZN 15.52M allocated for construction of Gobustan Central Hospital
- 09.02.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 09.02.2018Javid Gurbanov: Russia is interested in transportation of ironware via BTK
- 09.02.2018Austria to use BTK for cargo transportation to Kazakhstan
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, which has no access to open seas, will turn into one of transport hubs in Eurasia
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs a decree on some issues related to activities of State Housing Construction Agency
- 07.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers to determine cases allowing replacement of concessional apartments
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 12M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Mingechevir
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Khizi
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijani Energy Minister: Implementation of Southern Gas Corridor entering a crucial stage
- 01.02.2018“AzerTelecom” provides modern telecommunication services - ®
- 30.01.2018EU official: Railway project turns Azerbaijan into a transport corridor
- 30.01.2018EU says progress achieved in talks with Azerbaijan on aviation deal
- 30.01.2018EU official: BTK is an important route
- 29.01.2018Nearly 2.7 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in 2017
- 24.01.2018Ambassador: Alat and Turkmenbashi ports to change geography of freightage
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan railway line has changed regional transport map
- 23.01.2018Iran, Azerbaijan to sign agreement on financing of Rasht-Astara railway project next month
- 22.01.2018Registration for 4th CEO Lunch Tbilisi starts
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea