Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
The Lazio regional administrative court (TAR) on Thursday rejected an appeal by the Puglia region against a government order to uproot and replant olive trees for the construction of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), APA reported citing ANSA agency.
On April 6 the Lazio TAR suspended an environment ministry permit for the removal of olive trees in the area of the work site for the TAP pipeline in Melendugno, Puglia, pending today's hearing on the appeal against the permit.
On April 10 Industry Minister Carlo Calenda ruled out a change of location for the TAP project in Puglia following big protests over the removal of olive trees. "Changing now would mean saying that we won't do it, but it is fundamentally important that we do," Calenda told reporters in Rome. "Fourteen different alternatives were discussed for the arrival site. The infrastructure is in the implementation phase and the debate lasted a very long time".
TAP is a part of the Southern Gas Corridor, which is one of the priority energy projects for the European Union.
The project envisages transportation of gas from Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz Stage 2 to the EU countries.
The pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) on the Turkish-Greek border, run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Italy’s south.
TAP will be 878 kilometers in length (Greece 550 kilometers, Albania 215 kilometers, Adriatic Sea 105 kilometers, and Italy 8 kilometers). Its highest point will be 1,800 meters in Albania’s mountains, while its lowest point will be 820 meters beneath the sea.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani and Georgian ports sign MoU
- 28.11.2017Uber gets information about application of VAT from their users
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president lays foundation of Sabirabad Industrial District
- 28.11.2017Tartar-Seydimli-Garadaghli-Sarov motorway opened
- 28.11.2017BTK to be able to carry up to 15 million tonnes of load next year - Georgian Economic Minister
- 27.11.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Sabirabad
- 24.11.2017Gilan Holding to participate in RecExpo
- 22.11.2017Astara and Lankaran section of Baku-Astara railroad should be relocated immediately - Vice-Speaker
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates funds for commencement of repair works in 23 buildings
- 16.11.2017AZN 10.1M allocated for construction of main water pipelines in Absheron, Baku
- 16.11.2017Automobile manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region
- 03.11.2017First train sent off via BTK arrives in Kars
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The volume of investment to Azerbaijani economy by Iran and Russia is growing"
- 01.11.2017Georgian PM: BTK is a corridor between China and Europe
- 31.10.2017Elmar Mammadyarov explains significance of North-South transport corridor
- 31.10.2017Binali Yildirim: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars is a historic project
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM: BTK is an important element of East-West transport corridor
- 30.10.2017Two freight trains sent off via BTK - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Turkish president: Trains from London to Beijing will move directly
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea