Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
The Lazio regional administrative court (TAR) on Thursday rejected an appeal by the Puglia region against a government order to uproot and replant olive trees for the construction of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), APA reported citing ANSA agency.
On April 6 the Lazio TAR suspended an environment ministry permit for the removal of olive trees in the area of the work site for the TAP pipeline in Melendugno, Puglia, pending today's hearing on the appeal against the permit.
On April 10 Industry Minister Carlo Calenda ruled out a change of location for the TAP project in Puglia following big protests over the removal of olive trees. "Changing now would mean saying that we won't do it, but it is fundamentally important that we do," Calenda told reporters in Rome. "Fourteen different alternatives were discussed for the arrival site. The infrastructure is in the implementation phase and the debate lasted a very long time".
TAP is a part of the Southern Gas Corridor, which is one of the priority energy projects for the European Union.
The project envisages transportation of gas from Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz Stage 2 to the EU countries.
The pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) on the Turkish-Greek border, run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Italy’s south.
TAP will be 878 kilometers in length (Greece 550 kilometers, Albania 215 kilometers, Adriatic Sea 105 kilometers, and Italy 8 kilometers). Its highest point will be 1,800 meters in Albania’s mountains, while its lowest point will be 820 meters beneath the sea.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Construction of new bridge over Samur River to cost AZN 36M
- 18.10.2017New bridge over Samur River to be launched in 2019
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan, Russia lay foundation for motorway bridge over Samur River
- 17.10.2017Azercosmos OJSC taken out from subordination of Ministry of Transport, Communication and High Technologies
- 17.10.2017Construction of new bridge on Azerbaijani-Russian border to start tomorrow
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 13.10.2017Buta Airways to launch direct flights to Sofia from January 16
- 12.10.2017Caspian European Club addresses President Ilham Aliyev
- 10.10.2017AZAL offers flights from Baku to Bangkok and Jeddah
- 10.10.2017Proposals prepared for solving problems with traffic congestion in Baku
- 09.10.2017Half of the capital's bus fleet will be renovated
- 09.10.2017Construction of 95 new residential buildings underway in Baku
- 09.10.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway to be commissioned on October 30
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.4M for road construction in Goychay district
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for renovation works and capital repair of apartment buildings in Shamakhi
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for renovation works in Gobustan
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani gov’t allocates AZN 178M in subsidy for Azersu
- 03.10.2017Azersu ends 2016 on loss
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens highway in Shamakhi
- 02.10.2017Drinking water supply project launched in Shamakhi
- 02.10.2017Shamakhi-Chol Goyler-Padar highway launched
- 02.10.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gobustan
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony on completion of project on reconstruction of water infrastructure in Gobustan
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates Jangi-Badalli section of Baku-Shamakhi-Muganli highway
- 29.09.2017All parks in Baku to be provided with free wifi by year-end - minister
- 29.09.2017Minister: New generation ID card to be given to each citizen in near future to be provided with e-signature certificate
- 27.09.2017First freight train to be sent through BTK after two months
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for road construction in Shaki
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan, Belarus to build tractor plant in Turkey
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Salyan
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for road construction in Salyan
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Neftchala
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 21 M for road construction in Neftchala
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan and Georgian to create joint venture on BTK
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 553M
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sharply decreases automobile manufacture
- 14.09.2017Anaklia and New Port of Baku in Alat intend to establish close cooperation - INTERVIEW
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.5M for supply of Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 12.09.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport targets record high in passenger transportation
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea