Silk Way Airlines to purchase ten Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts for $1B
The document was signed President of Silk Way Holding Zaur Akhundov and Senior Vice President of Boeing company Marty Bentrott in Baku on April 14 by.
The ceremony was attended by the President of Azerbaijan Airlines CJSC (AZAL) Jahangir Askerov and US Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta.
Total cost of the contract is about $1 billion.
Based on preliminary discussions with the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM Bank), the purchase of aircrafts will be financed without state guarantees for the first time in the history of Azerbaijan’s civil aviation.
The agreement on the supply of modern Boeing-737 MAX aircraft to Azerbaijan was reached in the summer of 2016 during the Farnborough International Airshow 2016 in the UK.
The first two aircraft of the newest generation will be delivered to Azerbaijan by the end of 2018, and the rest – until the end of 2020.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Buta Airways starts sale of air tickets to Istanbul and St. Petersburg
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev lays foundation of fish hatcheries in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates drinking water supply project in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Narakand complex in Pirallahi district
- 20.07.2017Georgian official: I’m confident more countries will join BTK
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan-Iran MoU on development of railways approved
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey to strengthen customs cooperation
- 19.07.2017Baku Telephone Communications Production Association becomes LLC
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 400M
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan ranks worldwide in terms of creating parks
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6M for road construction in Imishli
- 13.07.2017Karam Hasanov: "Inaccuracies concerning boundaries of some administrative-territorial districts led to problems"
- 11.07.2017Law to end displeasure of mobile communication subscribers about advertising messages enters into force
- 11.07.2017Ticket for Buta Airways put on sale
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 35%
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14.4M for road construction in Sabirabad
- 07.07.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport achieves highest growth rate in passenger traffic in June
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Tartar
- 03.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.9M for road construction in Shamakhi
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened new road in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017Airfare of Buta Airways flights to start from €29
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Urban Planning and Construction Code
- 20.06.2017AZAL purchases four B787-Dreamliner aircrafts
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan ranks 48th in Global Cybersecurity Index
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan doubles car import from Georgia
- 19.06.2017AZAL opens direct flight to Bangkok
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 327M
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.2-fold increase in gold production
- 16.06.2017Kaspersky Lab: Azerbaijan could come under increasing cyber attacks in connection with geopolitical risks
- 15.06.20173 mln manats allocated for capital repair of highway in Bilasuvar
- 15.06.2017Another 9 mln manats allocated for reconstruction of Jojug Marjanli
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.3M for construction of Khirdalan-Binagadi-Balakhani motor road
- 11.06.2017"Azersu": The composition of water in Tagiyev settlement meets the standards
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.5M for road construction in Absheron
- 09.06.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport significantly increases passenger traffic
- 08.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for enlargement of park-boulevard complex in Astara
- 08.06.2017Azerbaijan sets rules to manage apartment buildings
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7.5M for restoration of buildings in disrepair in Lankaran
- 07.06.2017Trabzon-Baku flight to be launched
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened Salahli-Balchili-Aghgiragli-Varvara-Jirdakhan highway in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched newly reconstructed Varvara Hydroelectric Power Station
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan decreases automobile manufacture 42%
- 14.04.2017Direct flights to be launched from Azerbaijan to Bodrum
- 12.04.2017FM: Baku–Tbilisi–Kars project will facilitate uninterrupted railway access between East and West
- 07.04.2017Silk Way Airlines expands fleet with another Boeing 747-8F freighter