Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
The Rockwell Collins International is selected as the supplier of onboard electronics, entertainment systems and communication equipment on the new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL).
The corresponding agreement was signed between Eldar Hajiyev and Colin Mahoney, Senior Vice President of Rockwell Collins International within the framework of the largest international aerospace exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017.
The new equipment will provide passengers with access to wireless Internet throughout the flight, as well as raise in-flight entertainment to a new level.
It should be recalled that in April this year Azerbaijan`s Silk Way Airlines and American Boeing Corporation signed an agreement on the purchase of 10 Boeing-737 MAX passenger aircrafts. The national air carrier Azerbaijan Airlines will be operator of these aircrafts. The first two aircrafts of the newest generation will be delivered to Azerbaijan in the end of 2018, and the rest until the end of 2020.
The total cost of the deal is one billion US dollars. The purchase of aircrafts will be financed without state guarantees for the first time in the history of Azerbaijan’s civil aviation.
The upgraded 737 MAX series is equipped with new CFM International LEAP-1B engines, which allows to reduce fuel consumption by 13 percent compared to the most fuel-efficient modern aircrafts. The latest design improvements, including the installation of the new Advance Technology winglet, reduce the resistance, which further improves the operational characteristics of the 737 MAX, especially for long-haul flights.
Related news releases
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan railway line has changed regional transport map
- 23.01.2018Iran, Azerbaijan to sign agreement on financing of Rasht-Astara railway project next month
- 22.01.2018Registration for 4th CEO Lunch Tbilisi starts
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 08.01.2018Air Arabia to launch route to Gabala
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 700,000 for road construction in Saatli
- 05.01.2018Number of people travelled to Georgia from Azerbaijan increases 11%
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Aghdam
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Mehdiabad-Digah-Mammadli highway - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Sea tours to be organized between Russia and Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.73M for reconstruction of water supply in Surakhani and Sabunchu districts
- 22.12.2017Iran to send off its first train via Gazvin-Rasht railway in late winter
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijan announces non-working days for 2018
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent