Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva viewed the conditions created at the Baku Railway Station after the reconstruction.
The building of the Baku Railway Station was constructed in the style of Mauritania in 1884. In 1977, a new building of the railway station was constructed in the Baku Passenger Station.
The major reconstruction and repair work started here in March, 2015.
Elevators were installed for passengers and persons with disabilities. There are administrative rooms, modern commercial and catering facilities, waiting rooms, mother-and-child rooms and cloakrooms. The passengers will be able to use free Wi-Fi.
The head of state and his spouse were informed about the situation center created in the building of the Railway Station. The center monitors the territory of the Railway Station through surveillance cameras.
“ASAN kommunal” No.2 operates in the second floor of the building.
Head of Presidential Administration`s Department for Work with Law Enforcement Bodies Fuad Alasgarov and chairman of the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Inam Karimov informed the head of state and his spouse about the center.
The head of state and his spouse also viewed train stops in the Railway Platform.
- 28.03.2017Water supply systems launched in Saatli district
- 28.03.2017Motor road launched after reconstruction in Saatli district
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017Minibus involved in fatal road accident in Baku operated illegally - ministry
- 06.03.2017NordStar suspends implementing flights from three Russian cities to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Kaspersky Lab says Azerbaijan underwent over 2.2 milllion cyber attacks in 2016
- 02.03.2017Over 50M tonnes of cargo transported through TRACECA last year
- 01.03.2017APAMark provided marketing and PR services for 15 companies in 2016 – Director General
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijan begins registering houses in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 25.02.2017Armenians completely destroyed Khudaferin village – minister
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 16M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti sign intergovernmental agreement on civil aviation
- 22.02.2017Air Arabia to carry out flights from Sharjah to Baku
- 20.02.2017Rustavi-Red Bridge motor road to be repaired
- 31.01.2017Speed limit in Bine-Merdekan and Bine-Buzovna highway reduced to 60 km/h
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president gives tasks on infrastructure projects
- 28.01.2017Baku-Ganja flight to be restored
- 26.01.2017Flight attendants detained by London police released
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president issues order to enlarge territory of Sumgait Chemical Industrial Park
- 25.01.2017AZAL’s flight attendants still in London police department, situation under control of Azerbaijani embassy
- 24.01.2017AZN 4M allocated for restoration of village of Azerbaijan's Jabrail
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 820M
- 23.01.2017President: Azerbaijan is of few countries living on its own
- 23.01.2017Litigations caused delay in BTK implementation for three years - minister
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan, Kuwait open charter flights
- 18.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s geographical location has contributed to successful realization of major transnational projects
- 17.01.2017Minister: Azerbaijan route is a reliable and safe direction for Iran
- 16.01.2017TeliaSonera comments on reports on sale of Azercell’s shares
- 13.01.2017AZAL increases number of flights to Israel
- 12.01.2017AZN 5M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply launched in Shahbuz city and surrounding villages
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply and sewage systems launched in Julfa
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends groundbreaking ceremony of Ordubad Hydroelectric Power Plant
- 10.01.2017Tariff Council: Old debts for natural gas to be carried out by previous tariffs
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity