Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva viewed the conditions created at the Baku Railway Station after the reconstruction.
The building of the Baku Railway Station was constructed in the style of Mauritania in 1884. In 1977, a new building of the railway station was constructed in the Baku Passenger Station.
The major reconstruction and repair work started here in March, 2015.
Elevators were installed for passengers and persons with disabilities. There are administrative rooms, modern commercial and catering facilities, waiting rooms, mother-and-child rooms and cloakrooms. The passengers will be able to use free Wi-Fi.
The head of state and his spouse were informed about the situation center created in the building of the Railway Station. The center monitors the territory of the Railway Station through surveillance cameras.
“ASAN kommunal” No.2 operates in the second floor of the building.
Head of Presidential Administration`s Department for Work with Law Enforcement Bodies Fuad Alasgarov and chairman of the State Agency for Public Services and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Inam Karimov informed the head of state and his spouse about the center.
The head of state and his spouse also viewed train stops in the Railway Platform.
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign Main Actions Plan to establish service center for helicopter maintenance
- 23.05.2017Kuwait to launch direct flights to Baku
- 20.05.2017Baku Transport Agency to allocate 430 buses for day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 19.05.2017Georgia increases car export to Azerbaijan by 62%
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn over AZN 256M
- 16.05.2017Lada decreases sale in Azerbaijan 86%
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan sets rules regarding public beaches
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.8M for construction of Mehdiabad-Fatmayi-Goradil motor road
- 13.05.2017Traffic restored on Zigh-Airport Hwy in Baku - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani President attends opening of newly reconstructed Samad Vurgun Street in Pirallahi
- 11.05.2017Baku International Bus Terminal to operate under Ministry of Transport, Communication and High Technologies - EXCLUSIVE
- 11.05.2017AzerGold to earn $20M from sale of gold and silver
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates new bridge in Pirallahi
- 08.05.2017Transportations through TRACECA increase 11%
- 05.05.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves over 1 million passengers since beginning of year
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 26.04.2017TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 20.04.2017Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan decreases automobile manufacture 42%
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched newly reconstructed Varvara Hydroelectric Power Station
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened Salahli-Balchili-Aghgiragli-Varvara-Jirdakhan highway in Yevlakh
- 14.04.2017Silk Way Airlines to purchase ten Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts for $1B
- 14.04.2017Direct flights to be launched from Azerbaijan to Bodrum
- 12.04.2017FM: Baku–Tbilisi–Kars project will facilitate uninterrupted railway access between East and West
- 07.04.2017Silk Way Airlines expands fleet with another Boeing 747-8F freighter
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.8M for road construction in Saatli district
- 29.03.2017ADB may allocate $200M to Azerbaijan Railways
- 28.03.2017Water supply systems launched in Saatli district
- 28.03.2017Motor road launched after reconstruction in Saatli district
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity