Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
In January-October 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served 3.46 million passengers. This indicator grew by more than 20 percent compared to the same period last year and exceeded the total statistics for the entire 2016 year.
During this period Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 2 million passengers, 504,000 of which were carried on domestic flights.
85 percent of passengers were carried by international flights. 50.6 percent of the total international traffic of the airport accounted for Azerbaijan Airlines, 49.4 percent - foreign air carriers.
Currently, Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 30 airlines on 53 destinations. Top ten most popular international destinations include Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Kiev, Tehran, Antalya, Tbilisi, Baghdad, Doha and St. Petersburg. 2.1 million passengers traveled to these destinations.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Gilan Holding to participate in RecExpo
- 22.11.2017Astara and Lankaran section of Baku-Astara railroad should be relocated immediately - Vice-Speaker
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates funds for commencement of repair works in 23 buildings
- 16.11.2017AZN 10.1M allocated for construction of main water pipelines in Absheron, Baku
- 16.11.2017Automobile manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 03.11.2017First train sent off via BTK arrives in Kars
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The volume of investment to Azerbaijani economy by Iran and Russia is growing"
- 01.11.2017Georgian PM: BTK is a corridor between China and Europe
- 31.10.2017Elmar Mammadyarov explains significance of North-South transport corridor
- 31.10.2017Binali Yildirim: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars is a historic project
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM: BTK is an important element of East-West transport corridor
- 30.10.2017Two freight trains sent off via BTK - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Turkish president: Trains from London to Beijing will move directly
- 30.10.2017Kazakh PM: BTK project to create favorable conditions for transport of goods from China to Europe
- 30.10.2017BTK to change existing economic realities – Georgian PM
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: Some had doubts about successful completion of BTK
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK is the shortest and most reliable route connecting Europe with Asia
- 30.10.2017Ambassador: Central Asia to get access to Europe through BTK
- 30.10.2017Erdogan: We’re declaring establishment of direct railroad connection from London to China by sending first train via BTK
- 30.10.2017BTK inauguration is a historic event – Novruz Mammadov
- 30.10.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line going to be launched today
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction in Aghdam
- 27.10.2017Buta Airways holds presentation in Saint Petersburg
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 15M for providing consumers with water meters
- 26.10.2017Ambassador: Freightage via railroad between Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan increased by 146%
- 26.10.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan to provide 40 electric locomotives for Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017TeliaSonera to leave Azerbaijani market by year-end
- 26.10.2017Buta Airways changes terminal of departure flights from Baku
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.7M for road construction in Goranboy
- 25.10.2017Gilan Holding successfully participates in WorldBuild Baku 2017
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.1M for reconstruction of water supply in Lankaran
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to construct road connecting External Circular Highway with Abbas Mirze Sharifzade Street
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.8M for road construction in Shaki district
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijan prepares draft law on membership to WTO
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 70%
- 18.10.2017Construction of new bridge over Samur River to cost AZN 36M
- 18.10.2017New bridge over Samur River to be launched in 2019
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region