Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
In January-October 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served 3.46 million passengers. This indicator grew by more than 20 percent compared to the same period last year and exceeded the total statistics for the entire 2016 year.
During this period Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 2 million passengers, 504,000 of which were carried on domestic flights.
85 percent of passengers were carried by international flights. 50.6 percent of the total international traffic of the airport accounted for Azerbaijan Airlines, 49.4 percent - foreign air carriers.
Currently, Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 30 airlines on 53 destinations. Top ten most popular international destinations include Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Kiev, Tehran, Antalya, Tbilisi, Baghdad, Doha and St. Petersburg. 2.1 million passengers traveled to these destinations.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of road and transport infrastructure
- 21.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Gobustan
- 20.02.2018AZN 15M allocated to Azersu OJSC to provide water meters to consumers
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 150mln for Baku-Guba-Russian Federation highway
- 19.02.2018Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 16.02.2018Caspian European Club tourism committee holds session
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 142M this year
- 16.02.2018Automobile and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 15.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Nakhchivan
- 15.02.2018Gilan Holding holds blood donation campaign for patients with thalassemia in Sumgayit
- 14.02.2018Freightage by Europe-Caucasus-Asia transport corridor increased last year
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan, Iran to launch joint automobile plant in March
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan allocates 19.5mln manats for construction of kindergartens in districts
- 09.02.2018AZN 15.52M allocated for construction of Gobustan Central Hospital
- 09.02.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 09.02.2018Javid Gurbanov: Russia is interested in transportation of ironware via BTK
- 09.02.2018Austria to use BTK for cargo transportation to Kazakhstan
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, which has no access to open seas, will turn into one of transport hubs in Eurasia
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs a decree on some issues related to activities of State Housing Construction Agency
- 07.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers to determine cases allowing replacement of concessional apartments
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 12M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Mingechevir
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Khizi
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijani Energy Minister: Implementation of Southern Gas Corridor entering a crucial stage
- 01.02.2018“AzerTelecom” provides modern telecommunication services - ®
- 30.01.2018EU official: Railway project turns Azerbaijan into a transport corridor
- 30.01.2018EU says progress achieved in talks with Azerbaijan on aviation deal
- 30.01.2018EU official: BTK is an important route
- 29.01.2018Nearly 2.7 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in 2017
- 24.01.2018Ambassador: Alat and Turkmenbashi ports to change geography of freightage
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan railway line has changed regional transport map
- 23.01.2018Iran, Azerbaijan to sign agreement on financing of Rasht-Astara railway project next month
- 22.01.2018Registration for 4th CEO Lunch Tbilisi starts
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region