Minibus involved in fatal road accident in Baku operated illegally - ministry
According to the statement, the passenger minibus Ford Tranzit operated illegally: “State Automobile Agency said that the minibus has not obtained permission to operate on passenger transportation on Baku-Sumgayit route”.
All buses operating on passenger transportation should depart from Baku International Bus Terminal. The minibus has departed from Memar Ajami subway station.
A “Ford” passenger minibus driven by Sumgayit resident Namig Huseynov crashed into a parked truck of Sumgayit resident Elvin Shamistanli on the Baku-Sumgayit highway on March 9 morning, Azerbaijan.
As a result, five of the passengers on the minibus lost their lives and 18 others were taken to Sumgayit City Urgent Medical Aid Hospital with injuries of varying severity. Three more injured were admitted to Baku City Clinic Medical Cente.
The Main Criminal Investigation Department of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs has initiated a criminal case under Article 263 (violation of traffic rules and vehicle operation) of the country’s Criminal Code over the accident and Namiq Huseynov has been detained as a suspect.
The necessary investigative measures are being carried out.
All killed passengers are students.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2017TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 20.04.2017Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan decreases automobile manufacture 42%
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched newly reconstructed Varvara Hydroelectric Power Station
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened Salahli-Balchili-Aghgiragli-Varvara-Jirdakhan highway in Yevlakh
- 14.04.2017Silk Way Airlines to purchase ten Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts for $1B
- 14.04.2017Direct flights to be launched from Azerbaijan to Bodrum
- 12.04.2017FM: Baku–Tbilisi–Kars project will facilitate uninterrupted railway access between East and West
- 07.04.2017Silk Way Airlines expands fleet with another Boeing 747-8F freighter
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.8M for road construction in Saatli district
- 29.03.2017ADB may allocate $200M to Azerbaijan Railways
- 28.03.2017Water supply systems launched in Saatli district
- 28.03.2017Motor road launched after reconstruction in Saatli district
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
- 01.03.2017APAMark provided marketing and PR services for 15 companies in 2016 – Director General
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijan begins registering houses in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 25.02.2017Armenians completely destroyed Khudaferin village – minister
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 16M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti sign intergovernmental agreement on civil aviation
- 22.02.2017Air Arabia to carry out flights from Sharjah to Baku
- 20.02.2017Rustavi-Red Bridge motor road to be repaired
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity
- 31.01.2017Speed limit in Bine-Merdekan and Bine-Buzovna highway reduced to 60 km/h
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president gives tasks on infrastructure projects
- 28.01.2017Baku-Ganja flight to be restored
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 06.03.2017NordStar suspends implementing flights from three Russian cities to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Kaspersky Lab says Azerbaijan underwent over 2.2 milllion cyber attacks in 2016
- 02.03.2017Over 50M tonnes of cargo transported through TRACECA last year