Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
“Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region and the Islamic world”, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Malaysia to the Republic of Azerbaijan, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said during the meeting with the delegation of Caspian Energy International Media Group.
During the meeting the sides discussed prospects for the expansion of the Azerbaijani-Malaysian media cooperation and participation would be as wide as possible. The Ambassador recognised that Caspian Energy journal is the on-table publication in the energy sector and one of the leading international journals. “Of particular interest was the rating of the investment activity of companies in the Caspian, which was published in one of the fresh issues of the journal”, the diplomat said.
“Caspian Energy is a source of information for top government officials, diplomats and energy related players. In this, we see the importance of developing the media relations, which, in turn, contributes to establishing a stable interstate dialogue and at the same time boosts development of business relations between the two countries”, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said.
According to the diplomat, “Azerbaijan is geographically distant from Malaysia, but it is not an obstacle for companies of the two countries to actively cooperate and make investment. In particular, PETRONAS has invested more than $4 billion” to date.
“Malaysia is looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Malaysia and to the countries of Southeast Asia during his inaugural visit”, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said. “This very important visit will serve as an impetus for further strengthening of the bilateral relations and attract a huge amount of investment from both sides”.
Despite the fact that “officially the Embassy was established in April 2014, the visit of Prime Minister of Malaysia Mohammad Najib Tun Abdul Razak to Azerbaijan and the entry of the Malaysian oil company into the Shah Deniz project secured a strong start for the development of the relations”.
“Currently Azerbaijan is diversifying its economy and Malaysia can be a strategic partner since it has the extensive experience in all sectors of the economy”. Speaking about the prospects of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars route, the Ambassador said that this is a very important and long-term project, which opens up a lot of opportunities for neighbouring countries.
At the end of the meeting the Ambassador gave his exclusive interview to Caspian Energy, where he spoke in detail about a number of global international trends and projects of mutual interest in the cooperation between the two countries.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Purchase a Samsung smartphone from Nar, and part of the phone’s value will return to your balance
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 13.7M for continuation of construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction Ismayilli
- 20.06.2018Bakcell has been recognized for a record-breaking social media response rate
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction