Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
“Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region and the Islamic world”, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Malaysia to the Republic of Azerbaijan, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said during the meeting with the delegation of Caspian Energy International Media Group.
During the meeting the sides discussed prospects for the expansion of the Azerbaijani-Malaysian media cooperation and participation would be as wide as possible. The Ambassador recognised that Caspian Energy journal is the on-table publication in the energy sector and one of the leading international journals. “Of particular interest was the rating of the investment activity of companies in the Caspian, which was published in one of the fresh issues of the journal”, the diplomat said.
“Caspian Energy is a source of information for top government officials, diplomats and energy related players. In this, we see the importance of developing the media relations, which, in turn, contributes to establishing a stable interstate dialogue and at the same time boosts development of business relations between the two countries”, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said.
According to the diplomat, “Azerbaijan is geographically distant from Malaysia, but it is not an obstacle for companies of the two countries to actively cooperate and make investment. In particular, PETRONAS has invested more than $4 billion” to date.
“Malaysia is looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Malaysia and to the countries of Southeast Asia during his inaugural visit”, His Excellency Dato’ Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman said. “This very important visit will serve as an impetus for further strengthening of the bilateral relations and attract a huge amount of investment from both sides”.
Despite the fact that “officially the Embassy was established in April 2014, the visit of Prime Minister of Malaysia Mohammad Najib Tun Abdul Razak to Azerbaijan and the entry of the Malaysian oil company into the Shah Deniz project secured a strong start for the development of the relations”.
“Currently Azerbaijan is diversifying its economy and Malaysia can be a strategic partner since it has the extensive experience in all sectors of the economy”. Speaking about the prospects of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars route, the Ambassador said that this is a very important and long-term project, which opens up a lot of opportunities for neighbouring countries.
At the end of the meeting the Ambassador gave his exclusive interview to Caspian Energy, where he spoke in detail about a number of global international trends and projects of mutual interest in the cooperation between the two countries.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of road and transport infrastructure
- 21.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Gobustan
- 20.02.2018AZN 15M allocated to Azersu OJSC to provide water meters to consumers
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 150mln for Baku-Guba-Russian Federation highway
- 19.02.2018Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 16.02.2018Caspian European Club tourism committee holds session
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 142M this year
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction