Indian minister: ‘We’re interested to create transport corridors
"We once again emphasized our commitment to high-level. We had a productive meeting and discussed international and regional issues,” India’s Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj, who is on a visit to Baku, said at a press conference following her meeting with his Azerbaijani counterpart Elmar Mammadyarov.
She noted that bilateral relations are developing.
"The two countries have established good relations. For centuries, our cultural exchange has contributed to the development of our relations. India is interested to develop relations with Azerbaijan. We need to step up our joint efforts in the fight against terrorism and global warming. I think that under Azerbaijan’s chairmanship of the Non-Aligned Movement in the next three years, successful results will be achieved,” she said.
The minister added that India is one of the largest developing countries.
"India is interested in the development of infrastructure, business and education. Azerbaijan has invited experts from India to create joint enterprises and produce medicines,” Sushma Swaraj said.
She stressed that her country is also interested to establish transport corridors. "We are happy to partner in the energy sector".
According to the minister, the two countries are interested to cooperate in the field of agriculture, tobacco and cotton. She added that every year 20 Azerbaijani students receive technical internship in India.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Azercell’s Mobile Eye Clinic continues its activities
- 24.04.2018Saudi Arabian low-cost airline launches flights to Baku
- 24.04.2018Caspian European Club’s FMCG Committee holds session
- 20.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views new metro trains delivered to Baku
- 19.04.2018AZAL announces three new destinations within summer flight schedule
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan turns into one of Eurasia’s transport hubs
- 17.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 16.04.2018Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases cement import by 2.8-fold
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases sugar import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases butter import by 5%
- 13.04.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves about 900,000 passengers in Q1
- 12.04.2018Caspian European Club solemnly celebrates President Ilham Aliyev’s victory at elections
- 12.04.2018Gilan Holding successfully participates in the AITF 2018 exhibition
- 09.04.2018AZN 12.5mln allocated to improve drinkable water supply to 30 residential areas
- 09.04.2018AZN 5.17mln allocated for construction modular schools in Azerbaijan’s south
- 09.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue to be presented
- 09.04.2018Traffic restriction for 2018 Formula-1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix announced
- 07.04.2018AZN 2.6mln allocated for construction of modular schools in Aghdash and Barda
- 07.04.2018AZN 7.6mln allocated for hospital constriction in Shamkir
- 03.04.2018More than 130,000 Azerbaijanis visit Georgia last month
- 03.04.2018AZAL to launch direct flight from Moscow to Lankaran
- 02.04.2018AZN 4.3mln allocated for construction of 14 modular schools in 4 districts
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for water supply in Tovuz
- 29.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.6M for water supply in Agstafa
- 29.03.2018President: We’ll derive economic benefit by connecting continents, and we create new cooperation format in region
- 27.03.2018AZN 4.1M allocated for development of educational infrastructure in five districts
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan to build new hospitals in six cities
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 05.04.2018President Aliyev approves funding for road construction
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for improvement of water supply in Lerik
- 06.04.2018Caspian European Club’s Medical Committee holds session
- 04.04.2018AZN 5M allocated for construction of ASAN Service center in Agjabadi
- 03.04.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Bilasuvar
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.8M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Shirvan