Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
I believe that the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway has been an important event not only for our country, but for the region as well, said President Ilham Aliyev at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to the results of socioeconomic development of the country in 2017 and future objectives on Jan. 10.
“This road starts in Baku. It is not a coincidence that a solemn opening ceremony was held in Azerbaijan. A 504km-long stretch of the road, which is nearly 850km in length, was built and restored in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has undertaken the largest financial burden in the construction of this road.
As you know, Azerbaijan has undertaken the greatest financial burden in the implementation of this road. The implementation of this historic project will turn Azerbaijan into one of the international transport centers and has already being turned.
In a short span of time after we launched this road – in only two months – we received requests to join Baku-Tbilisi-Kars from a number of countries. I have already personally discussed the issue with some of my counterparts. We gave appropriate instructions regarding the establishment of working groups in many countries in order to study the potential of those who want to join the road. Of course, we are ready to successfully cooperate with all our partners under this project,” added the President
He noted that several countries already seek to join the BTK project.
“Significant steps have been taken towards implementing the North-South Transport Corridor and the construction of the railway to the Iranian border has been ensured,” said President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president underlined that the extension of the agreement on development of Azeri, Chirag and Gunashli oil fields until 2050 is of great importance.
The president also noted that the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor is proceeding successfully.
The Shah Deniz-2 project is 99 percent complete, the South Caucasus Gas Pipeline 93 percent, the TANAP project 90 percent, said President Aliyev, adding that the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) project is being realized on schedule.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Purchase a Samsung smartphone from Nar, and part of the phone’s value will return to your balance
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 13.7M for continuation of construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction Ismayilli
- 20.06.2018Bakcell has been recognized for a record-breaking social media response rate
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 08.01.2018Air Arabia to launch route to Gabala