Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
I believe that the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway has been an important event not only for our country, but for the region as well, said President Ilham Aliyev at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to the results of socioeconomic development of the country in 2017 and future objectives on Jan. 10.
“This road starts in Baku. It is not a coincidence that a solemn opening ceremony was held in Azerbaijan. A 504km-long stretch of the road, which is nearly 850km in length, was built and restored in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has undertaken the largest financial burden in the construction of this road.
As you know, Azerbaijan has undertaken the greatest financial burden in the implementation of this road. The implementation of this historic project will turn Azerbaijan into one of the international transport centers and has already being turned.
In a short span of time after we launched this road – in only two months – we received requests to join Baku-Tbilisi-Kars from a number of countries. I have already personally discussed the issue with some of my counterparts. We gave appropriate instructions regarding the establishment of working groups in many countries in order to study the potential of those who want to join the road. Of course, we are ready to successfully cooperate with all our partners under this project,” added the President
He noted that several countries already seek to join the BTK project.
“Significant steps have been taken towards implementing the North-South Transport Corridor and the construction of the railway to the Iranian border has been ensured,” said President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president underlined that the extension of the agreement on development of Azeri, Chirag and Gunashli oil fields until 2050 is of great importance.
The president also noted that the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor is proceeding successfully.
The Shah Deniz-2 project is 99 percent complete, the South Caucasus Gas Pipeline 93 percent, the TANAP project 90 percent, said President Aliyev, adding that the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) project is being realized on schedule.
Related news releases
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 700,000 for road construction in Saatli
- 05.01.2018Number of people travelled to Georgia from Azerbaijan increases 11%
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Aghdam
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Mehdiabad-Digah-Mammadli highway - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Sea tours to be organized between Russia and Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.73M for reconstruction of water supply in Surakhani and Sabunchu districts
- 22.12.2017Iran to send off its first train via Gazvin-Rasht railway in late winter
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijan announces non-working days for 2018
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani and Georgian ports sign MoU
- 28.11.2017Uber gets information about application of VAT from their users
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president lays foundation of Sabirabad Industrial District
- 28.11.2017Tartar-Seydimli-Garadaghli-Sarov motorway opened
- 28.11.2017BTK to be able to carry up to 15 million tonnes of load next year - Georgian Economic Minister
- 27.11.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Sabirabad
- 24.11.2017Gilan Holding to participate in RecExpo
- 22.11.2017Astara and Lankaran section of Baku-Astara railroad should be relocated immediately - Vice-Speaker
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates funds for commencement of repair works in 23 buildings
- 16.11.2017AZN 10.1M allocated for construction of main water pipelines in Absheron, Baku
- 16.11.2017Automobile manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 08.01.2018Air Arabia to launch route to Gabala