Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
I believe that the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway has been an important event not only for our country, but for the region as well, said President Ilham Aliyev at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to the results of socioeconomic development of the country in 2017 and future objectives on Jan. 10.
“This road starts in Baku. It is not a coincidence that a solemn opening ceremony was held in Azerbaijan. A 504km-long stretch of the road, which is nearly 850km in length, was built and restored in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has undertaken the largest financial burden in the construction of this road.
As you know, Azerbaijan has undertaken the greatest financial burden in the implementation of this road. The implementation of this historic project will turn Azerbaijan into one of the international transport centers and has already being turned.
In a short span of time after we launched this road – in only two months – we received requests to join Baku-Tbilisi-Kars from a number of countries. I have already personally discussed the issue with some of my counterparts. We gave appropriate instructions regarding the establishment of working groups in many countries in order to study the potential of those who want to join the road. Of course, we are ready to successfully cooperate with all our partners under this project,” added the President
He noted that several countries already seek to join the BTK project.
“Significant steps have been taken towards implementing the North-South Transport Corridor and the construction of the railway to the Iranian border has been ensured,” said President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president underlined that the extension of the agreement on development of Azeri, Chirag and Gunashli oil fields until 2050 is of great importance.
The president also noted that the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor is proceeding successfully.
The Shah Deniz-2 project is 99 percent complete, the South Caucasus Gas Pipeline 93 percent, the TANAP project 90 percent, said President Aliyev, adding that the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) project is being realized on schedule.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 29.08.2017Heydar Aliyev Int’l Airport switches to new technological solutions
- 30.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Bilasuvar
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 21.08.2017Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway