Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s geographical location has contributed to successful realization of major transnational projects
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has met with Klaus Schwab, Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum.
The head of state noted the establishment of effective cooperation between Azerbaijan and the World Economic Forum in Davos, noting that this cooperation is fully compatible with the objectives of improving the situation in world countries.
President Ilham Aliyev Azerbaijan has taken decisive measures towards security and stability in Azerbaijan and stressed the country’s favorable geographical location, which he said contributes to the successful implementation of a number of transnational projects including the North-South and East-West transport and other projects. President Ilham Aliyev also spoke about the development processes in the country in recent years, noting that the economy has entered a new development stage and effective measures have been taken to diversify the economy.
The president said that the meetings he held as part of the Davos Forum have resulted in the realization of a number of important projects, noting that the important international events have been held the country in recent years. The president said Baku successfully hosted the first European Games and recalled Pope Francis’s visit to Azerbaijan, which he said was as an example of appreciation of the tolerant environment in Azerbaijan.
Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab, stressed the efficiency of the cooperation between Azerbaijan and the World Economic Forum, adding that the Azerbaijani president's participation in the forum will contribute to bilateral cooperation. Schwab said that he witnessed huge development during his visit to Azerbaijan and spoke of the beauty of Baku. He also said security and stability is an important factor in the development of our country, adding that a lot has been done in the country in recent years and major international events held in Baku. He praised the tolerant environment in Azerbaijan.
The parties also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 11.05.2018“AppLab” participants become winners of “Golden Byte 2018” Regional Final
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Dinamo hotel in Baku
- 08.05.2018“AzerTelecom” renders support to educational projects in field of information technologies
- 08.05.2018AZAL plane makes emergency landing
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 07.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates multi-level road junction and passage to Heydar Aliyev Avenue in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018President: Transparency should be ensured in social field - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018AZN 3.8M allocated for construction of school in Khizi
- 04.05.2018AZN 3M allocated for continuation of reconstruction works in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates 24 km-part of Khachmaz-Khudat highway after reconstruction
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president attends launch of water and sewerage system in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Azerkhalcha OJSC’s Khachmaz branch
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Khachmaz district
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction in Agstafa
- 03.05.2018Nar discloses results of first quarter of 2018
- 02.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 8M for road construction in Agjabadi
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 11.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan, Kuwait open charter flights
- 23.01.2017Litigations caused delay in BTK implementation for three years - minister
- 23.01.2017President: Azerbaijan is of few countries living on its own
- 17.01.2017Minister: Azerbaijan route is a reliable and safe direction for Iran
- 16.01.2017TeliaSonera comments on reports on sale of Azercell’s shares
- 13.01.2017AZAL increases number of flights to Israel