Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s geographical location has contributed to successful realization of major transnational projects
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has met with Klaus Schwab, Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum.
The head of state noted the establishment of effective cooperation between Azerbaijan and the World Economic Forum in Davos, noting that this cooperation is fully compatible with the objectives of improving the situation in world countries.
President Ilham Aliyev Azerbaijan has taken decisive measures towards security and stability in Azerbaijan and stressed the country’s favorable geographical location, which he said contributes to the successful implementation of a number of transnational projects including the North-South and East-West transport and other projects. President Ilham Aliyev also spoke about the development processes in the country in recent years, noting that the economy has entered a new development stage and effective measures have been taken to diversify the economy.
The president said that the meetings he held as part of the Davos Forum have resulted in the realization of a number of important projects, noting that the important international events have been held the country in recent years. The president said Baku successfully hosted the first European Games and recalled Pope Francis’s visit to Azerbaijan, which he said was as an example of appreciation of the tolerant environment in Azerbaijan.
Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab, stressed the efficiency of the cooperation between Azerbaijan and the World Economic Forum, adding that the Azerbaijani president's participation in the forum will contribute to bilateral cooperation. Schwab said that he witnessed huge development during his visit to Azerbaijan and spoke of the beauty of Baku. He also said security and stability is an important factor in the development of our country, adding that a lot has been done in the country in recent years and major international events held in Baku. He praised the tolerant environment in Azerbaijan.
The parties also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani and Georgian ports sign MoU
- 28.11.2017Uber gets information about application of VAT from their users
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president lays foundation of Sabirabad Industrial District
- 28.11.2017Tartar-Seydimli-Garadaghli-Sarov motorway opened
- 28.11.2017BTK to be able to carry up to 15 million tonnes of load next year - Georgian Economic Minister
- 27.11.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Sabirabad
- 24.11.2017Gilan Holding to participate in RecExpo
- 22.11.2017Astara and Lankaran section of Baku-Astara railroad should be relocated immediately - Vice-Speaker
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates funds for commencement of repair works in 23 buildings
- 16.11.2017AZN 10.1M allocated for construction of main water pipelines in Absheron, Baku
- 16.11.2017Automobile manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region
- 03.11.2017First train sent off via BTK arrives in Kars
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The volume of investment to Azerbaijani economy by Iran and Russia is growing"
- 01.11.2017Georgian PM: BTK is a corridor between China and Europe
- 31.10.2017Elmar Mammadyarov explains significance of North-South transport corridor
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan, Kuwait open charter flights
- 23.01.2017Litigations caused delay in BTK implementation for three years - minister
- 23.01.2017President: Azerbaijan is of few countries living on its own
- 17.01.2017Minister: Azerbaijan route is a reliable and safe direction for Iran
- 16.01.2017TeliaSonera comments on reports on sale of Azercell’s shares
- 13.01.2017AZAL increases number of flights to Israel