Heydar Aliyev International Airport targets record high in passenger transportation
In January-August 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served over 2.7 million passengers, which is 29 percent more than the previous year. It is expected that by the end of 2017 the final passenger count will exceed the last year's figure of 3.5 million passengers, which will be another record high of the airport, APA-Economics reports citing to the press service of Heydar Aliyev International Airport.
During the reporting period, Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 1.61 million passengers, 408,000 of which accounted for domestic flights.
84.9 percent of passengers were carried by international flights. According to the statistics of the first eight months of 2017, the most popular international destinations from Baku are Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Kiev and Tehran. 1.34 million passengers were transported on these destinations.
The five most active airlines during this period include AZAL, Turkish Airlines, flyDubai, Aeroflot and Ukraine International Airlines (UIA). 1.78 million passengers were transported on international directions by these airlines.
Currently, Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 29 airlines on 53 destinations. Seven airlines - IrAero, Jazeera Airways, ZagrosJet, Pegas Fly, Kish Air, Nordwind Airlines and Wataniya Airlines launched flights starting from the summer of this year.
Starting from September this year, first national low-cost airline Buta Airways launched its flights. Buta Airways flies to Moscow, Kiev, Tbilisi, Kazan, Mineralnye Vody, Tehran and Antalya. Starting from October 29, the low-cost airline will start flights from Baku to Istanbul and St. Petersburg.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 553M
- 07.09.2017Baku to host WorldBuild Baku 2017 exhibition
- 06.09.2017Composition of Azerbaijan-Turkey joint intergovernmental commission changed
- 04.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Jalilabad-Yardimli highway
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens highway connecting 23 villages of Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-reconstructed administrative building of Jalilabad Telecommunications Network
- 02.09.2017Water supply and sewage systems launched in Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017Masalli-Jalilabad stretch of Alat-Astara-Iran state border highway inaugurated
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Lankaran-Masalli section of Alat-Astara-Iran border highway
- 02.09.2017AZAL holds 2 percent of Georgian air market
- 01.09.2017Buta Airways launches first flight
- 30.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Bilasuvar
- 29.08.2017Heydar Aliyev Int’l Airport switches to new technological solutions
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 25.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Embraer 190 aircraft delivered to Baku by Buta Airways
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 21.08.2017Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Zazalı-“Imamzade” complex-Ganja highway
- 17.08.2017Over five million manats allocated for road construction in Azerbaijan’s Aghsu
- 16.08.2017AZN 4 mln manat allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Binagadi, Mehdiabad, Novkhani
- 15.08.20173mln manats allocated for reconstruction of water supple and sewage systems in ‘White City’
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 23.3M for restoration of Gakh-Zagatala highway
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 24.6M for repair of Zagatala-Balaken-Mazimchay highway
- 08.08.2017President: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will increase transit opportunities of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017AZAL calls to buy air tickets only from Airline's trusted partners
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of motor road in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gakh district
- 03.08.2017Balaken-Saribulag-Gabagchol-Khalatala motor road launched
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of Balaken Hydroelectric Power Station
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates money for construction of 29 buildings in Pirallahi
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.7M for road construction in Ujar
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani ambassador familiarizes with works on BTK in Georgia
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.8M for road construction in Barda
- 25.07.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Hajigabul
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Zire-Turkan motor road
- 21.07.2017Buta Airways starts sale of air tickets to Istanbul and St. Petersburg
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.5M for supply of Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 14.09.2017Anaklia and New Port of Baku in Alat intend to establish close cooperation - INTERVIEW
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sharply decreases automobile manufacture
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan Railways CJSC announces date of BTK’s opening ceremony
- 11.09.2017Representatives of Korean shipbuilding companies to visit Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Direct flights to be launched between Korea and Azerbaijan