Heydar Aliyev International Airport achieves highest growth rate in passenger traffic in June
In January-June 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served 1.69 million passengers, which is 31 percent more than the same period of last year, Press Service of Heydar Aliyev International Airport told APA-Economics.
Only in June 322,000 passengers were served, it is the highest figure for the first time since 2014 on the total number of passengers and since 2012 - on growth indicator.
During the first half of this year Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 960,000 passengers, 252,000 of which were carried on domestic flights.
85 percent (1.438 million) of passengers were carried by international flights. 49.2 percent of the total international traffic of the airport accounted for Azerbaijan Airlines, 50.8 percent - foreign air carriers.
At present, flights are operated from Heydar Aliyev International Airport to 53 airports in 50 different cities.
In June, Russian airline IRAERO started flights from Krasnoyarsk to Baku. Starting from September this year, flights of Azerbaijan's low-cost airline Buta Airways are expected.
It should be noted that FlyDubai started regular flights to Gabala airport from July this year.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 70%
- 18.10.2017Construction of new bridge over Samur River to cost AZN 36M
- 18.10.2017New bridge over Samur River to be launched in 2019
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan, Russia lay foundation for motorway bridge over Samur River
- 17.10.2017Azercosmos OJSC taken out from subordination of Ministry of Transport, Communication and High Technologies
- 17.10.2017Construction of new bridge on Azerbaijani-Russian border to start tomorrow
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 13.10.2017Buta Airways to launch direct flights to Sofia from January 16
- 12.10.2017Caspian European Club addresses President Ilham Aliyev
- 10.10.2017AZAL offers flights from Baku to Bangkok and Jeddah
- 10.10.2017Proposals prepared for solving problems with traffic congestion in Baku
- 09.10.2017Half of the capital's bus fleet will be renovated
- 09.10.2017Construction of 95 new residential buildings underway in Baku
- 09.10.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway to be commissioned on October 30
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.4M for road construction in Goychay district
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for renovation works and capital repair of apartment buildings in Shamakhi
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for renovation works in Gobustan
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani gov’t allocates AZN 178M in subsidy for Azersu
- 03.10.2017Azersu ends 2016 on loss
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens highway in Shamakhi
- 02.10.2017Drinking water supply project launched in Shamakhi
- 02.10.2017Shamakhi-Chol Goyler-Padar highway launched
- 02.10.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gobustan
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony on completion of project on reconstruction of water infrastructure in Gobustan
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates Jangi-Badalli section of Baku-Shamakhi-Muganli highway
- 29.09.2017All parks in Baku to be provided with free wifi by year-end - minister
- 29.09.2017Minister: New generation ID card to be given to each citizen in near future to be provided with e-signature certificate
- 27.09.2017First freight train to be sent through BTK after two months
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for road construction in Shaki
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan, Belarus to build tractor plant in Turkey
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Salyan
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for road construction in Salyan
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Neftchala
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 21 M for road construction in Neftchala
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan and Georgian to create joint venture on BTK
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 553M
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sharply decreases automobile manufacture
- 14.09.2017Anaklia and New Port of Baku in Alat intend to establish close cooperation - INTERVIEW
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.5M for supply of Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14.4M for road construction in Sabirabad
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 35%
- 11.07.2017Ticket for Buta Airways put on sale
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Tartar
- 03.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.9M for road construction in Shamakhi
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened new road in Baku