Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
The meeting between the representatives of the Administration of the Government of Georgia, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Azerbaijan to Georgia and the delegation of the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy International Media Group has focused on establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia, the Caspian Energy International Media Group told APA-Economics.
Tedo Japaridze, Foreign Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister of Georgia, highlighted that for Georgia Azerbaijan is a strategic partner. He also stressed that the joint projects are implemented at fast pace. Mutual understanding and close cooperation at the level of government institutions call for the necessity to establish close contacts between representatives of the private sector of Georgia and Azerbaijan.
In this regard, Tedo Japaridze noted that the Government of Georgia welcomes resumption of activities of Caspian Energy Georgia. He highlighted that the Club and the Media Group are recognizable both in the region and beyond. “The Government of Georgia will support the activities of Caspian Energy Georgia in every possible way. We are pleased very much with today’s cooperation”, the Prime Minister's Adviser said. He stressed that “one of the tasks assigned to us is to enter foreign markets, develop relations with neighboring countries”. In this regard, Mr. Japaridze noted the importance to resume the operation of the annual international Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Georgia Dursun Hasanov stressed the active position of the Georgian Government in the fruitful cooperation with Azerbaijan and expressed confidence that the activities of Caspian Energy Georgia will contribute notably to its development. He invited the members of the government to take an active part in business forums and CEO Lunch Tbilisi events which will start on September 29, 2017. CEO Lunch Tbilisi will be held every last Friday of the month. “It is noteworthy that the resumption of activities of Caspian Energy Georgia coincided with the 25th anniversary of establishing the diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Georgia”, the Ambassador said.
The participants of the meeting were informed that the Caspian European Club, which brings together more than 5,000 companies and organizations from 50 countries, was established in June 2002 with the support of the largest oil and gas companies operating in the Caspian-Black Sea region. Caspian European Club’s activities strongly support the dialogue between the government institutions and the private sector, as well as provide the information and organizational support to projects for development of small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups. His Excellency President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev is the Chairman of the Caspian European Club.
In turn, Telman Aliyev thanked the Government of Georgia, the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Georgia for their support to the activities of the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy International Media Group.
In the course of the meeting, which was attended by Foreign Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister of Georgia Tedo Japaridze, Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Georgia Dursun Hasanov, Second Secretary of the Embassy Fahri Hajiyev, First Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Caspian European Club and Caspian American Club Telman Aliyev and General Director of Caspian Energy International Media Group Rasim Mahmudov, the participants also discussed plans and projects to be implemented within the framework of Caspian Energy Georgia in the next 5 years.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of road and transport infrastructure
- 21.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Gobustan
- 20.02.2018AZN 15M allocated to Azersu OJSC to provide water meters to consumers
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 150mln for Baku-Guba-Russian Federation highway
- 19.02.2018Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 16.02.2018Caspian European Club tourism committee holds session
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 142M this year
- 16.02.2018Automobile and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 15.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Nakhchivan
- 15.02.2018Gilan Holding holds blood donation campaign for patients with thalassemia in Sumgayit
- 14.02.2018Freightage by Europe-Caucasus-Asia transport corridor increased last year
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan, Iran to launch joint automobile plant in March
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan allocates 19.5mln manats for construction of kindergartens in districts
- 09.02.2018AZN 15.52M allocated for construction of Gobustan Central Hospital
- 09.02.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 09.02.2018Javid Gurbanov: Russia is interested in transportation of ironware via BTK
- 09.02.2018Austria to use BTK for cargo transportation to Kazakhstan
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, which has no access to open seas, will turn into one of transport hubs in Eurasia
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs a decree on some issues related to activities of State Housing Construction Agency
- 07.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers to determine cases allowing replacement of concessional apartments
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 12M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Mingechevir
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Khizi
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijani Energy Minister: Implementation of Southern Gas Corridor entering a crucial stage
- 01.02.2018“AzerTelecom” provides modern telecommunication services - ®
- 30.01.2018EU official: Railway project turns Azerbaijan into a transport corridor
- 30.01.2018EU says progress achieved in talks with Azerbaijan on aviation deal
- 30.01.2018EU official: BTK is an important route
- 29.01.2018Nearly 2.7 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in 2017
- 24.01.2018Ambassador: Alat and Turkmenbashi ports to change geography of freightage
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan railway line has changed regional transport map
- 23.01.2018Iran, Azerbaijan to sign agreement on financing of Rasht-Astara railway project next month
- 22.01.2018Registration for 4th CEO Lunch Tbilisi starts
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 25.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Embraer 190 aircraft delivered to Baku by Buta Airways
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel