Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
The meeting between the representatives of the Administration of the Government of Georgia, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Azerbaijan to Georgia and the delegation of the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy International Media Group has focused on establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia, the Caspian Energy International Media Group told APA-Economics.
Tedo Japaridze, Foreign Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister of Georgia, highlighted that for Georgia Azerbaijan is a strategic partner. He also stressed that the joint projects are implemented at fast pace. Mutual understanding and close cooperation at the level of government institutions call for the necessity to establish close contacts between representatives of the private sector of Georgia and Azerbaijan.
In this regard, Tedo Japaridze noted that the Government of Georgia welcomes resumption of activities of Caspian Energy Georgia. He highlighted that the Club and the Media Group are recognizable both in the region and beyond. “The Government of Georgia will support the activities of Caspian Energy Georgia in every possible way. We are pleased very much with today’s cooperation”, the Prime Minister's Adviser said. He stressed that “one of the tasks assigned to us is to enter foreign markets, develop relations with neighboring countries”. In this regard, Mr. Japaridze noted the importance to resume the operation of the annual international Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Georgia Dursun Hasanov stressed the active position of the Georgian Government in the fruitful cooperation with Azerbaijan and expressed confidence that the activities of Caspian Energy Georgia will contribute notably to its development. He invited the members of the government to take an active part in business forums and CEO Lunch Tbilisi events which will start on September 29, 2017. CEO Lunch Tbilisi will be held every last Friday of the month. “It is noteworthy that the resumption of activities of Caspian Energy Georgia coincided with the 25th anniversary of establishing the diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Georgia”, the Ambassador said.
The participants of the meeting were informed that the Caspian European Club, which brings together more than 5,000 companies and organizations from 50 countries, was established in June 2002 with the support of the largest oil and gas companies operating in the Caspian-Black Sea region. Caspian European Club’s activities strongly support the dialogue between the government institutions and the private sector, as well as provide the information and organizational support to projects for development of small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups. His Excellency President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev is the Chairman of the Caspian European Club.
In turn, Telman Aliyev thanked the Government of Georgia, the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Georgia for their support to the activities of the Caspian European Club and Caspian Energy International Media Group.
In the course of the meeting, which was attended by Foreign Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister of Georgia Tedo Japaridze, Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Georgia Dursun Hasanov, Second Secretary of the Embassy Fahri Hajiyev, First Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Caspian European Club and Caspian American Club Telman Aliyev and General Director of Caspian Energy International Media Group Rasim Mahmudov, the participants also discussed plans and projects to be implemented within the framework of Caspian Energy Georgia in the next 5 years.
Related news releases
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 25.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Embraer 190 aircraft delivered to Baku by Buta Airways
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel