AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) and Boeing Corporation have today agreed to purchase five B787-8 Dreamliner and two B747-8F (or B777F) aircrafts.
The agreement was signed by Jahangir Askerov, President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines and Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The cost of the agreement is estimated at $1.9 billion. Delivery of aircrafts is scheduled for 2019-2020.
The agreement was signed within the framework of the largest international aerospace exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017.
"The decision to place an order for additional 787 Dreamliner aircrafts will significantly expand the capabilities of our airline - the purchase of new aircrafts will help us expand the geography of flights and handle increasing passenger traffic. We are satisfied with the expansion of cooperation with Boeing Corporation, which is Azerbaijan’s reliable partner in supply, operation and maintenance of modern passenger aircrafts," AZAL President Jahangir Askerov said.
"We highly appreciate the constant trust of the Azerbaijan Airlines to the Dreamliner aircrafts," Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes said. "The highest level of efficiency and comfort provided by the new 787 Dreamliner aircrafts is in line with the airline's fleet modernization plans and will help to open new routes, securing their long-term success for many years to come."
“Azerbaijan Airlines” (AZAL) is one of the leaders of the aviation community of the CIS countries. Total route network of the airline is 40 destinations in 25 countries. “Azerbaijan Airlines” transported more than 2 million people in 2016.
AZAL has one of the newest airplane fleet. The airline has a long history of cooperation with Boeing Corporation and currently operates Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 767 and Boeing 757 aircrafts. Azerbaijani national air carrier’s fleet will also include modern Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts from next year.
"Azerbaijan Airlines" also successfully continues to operate Airbus 340, Airbus 320, Airbus 319 and Embraer 190 aircrafts.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 11.05.2018“AppLab” participants become winners of “Golden Byte 2018” Regional Final
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Dinamo hotel in Baku
- 08.05.2018“AzerTelecom” renders support to educational projects in field of information technologies
- 08.05.2018AZAL plane makes emergency landing
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 07.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates multi-level road junction and passage to Heydar Aliyev Avenue in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018President: Transparency should be ensured in social field - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018AZN 3.8M allocated for construction of school in Khizi
- 04.05.2018AZN 3M allocated for continuation of reconstruction works in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates 24 km-part of Khachmaz-Khudat highway after reconstruction
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president attends launch of water and sewerage system in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Azerkhalcha OJSC’s Khachmaz branch
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Khachmaz district
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction in Agstafa
- 03.05.2018Nar discloses results of first quarter of 2018
- 02.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 8M for road construction in Agjabadi
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 11.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.4M for road construction in Goranboy
- 30.04.2018AZAL to carry out direct flights to Tivat from July 5
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation