Air Arabia to carry out flights from Sharjah to Baku
UAE’s Air Arabia airline will carry out Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights since March.
In January 2017, Sky Star Travel and Air Arabia signed an agreement in this regard.
Air Arabia manager Konstantin Kurilo said at the presentation of a new project of Sky Star Travel that as a result of successful development and sustainable socio-political stability, Azerbaijan has turned into an attractive country for tourists and investors: “Since March, Air Arabia will carry out regular flights on Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah route. The flights will be implemented by Airbus 320 planes and four times in a week”.
Kurilo said that Air Arabia is a worldwide known low-cost airline: “The main slogan of the company it to save the clients’ money. We are proud of entering Azerbaijan’s”.
According to the agreement, Sky Star Travel was appointed as an official general sales agent of Air Arabia in Azerbaijan.
Air Arabia is a low-cost airline with its head office in the Sharjah Freight Center, Sharjah International Airport, in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The airline operates scheduled services to 51 destinations in the Middle East, North Africa, the Indian subcontinent, Central Asia and Europe to 22 countries from Sharjah, 28 destinations in 9 countries from Casablanca, Fez, Nador and Tangier, 11 destinations in 8 countries from Ras Al Khaimah, and 6 destinations in 4 countries from Alexandria. The travellers will be able to use direct flights on Sharjah-Galaba and Sharjah-Nakhchivan routes.
Sky StarTravel Director for Operation Emil Mammadov said that initially four flights are planned since March: “Then, the flights may be increased depending on number of the passengers”.
Speaking about Air Arabia, Mammadov noted that the airline has a great networks in 125 destinations: “A number of tourists travel to Azerbaijan via Air Arabia. At the same time, we’ll be able to introduce air ticket, visa and tourism packages to our local clients. The company has its “miles” system, which the clients will collect points and get free tickets in the future”.
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017Minibus involved in fatal road accident in Baku operated illegally - ministry
- 06.03.2017NordStar suspends implementing flights from three Russian cities to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Kaspersky Lab says Azerbaijan underwent over 2.2 milllion cyber attacks in 2016
- 02.03.2017Over 50M tonnes of cargo transported through TRACECA last year
- 01.03.2017APAMark provided marketing and PR services for 15 companies in 2016 – Director General
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijan begins registering houses in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity
- 31.01.2017Speed limit in Bine-Merdekan and Bine-Buzovna highway reduced to 60 km/h
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president gives tasks on infrastructure projects
- 28.01.2017Baku-Ganja flight to be restored
- 26.01.2017Flight attendants detained by London police released
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president issues order to enlarge territory of Sumgait Chemical Industrial Park
- 25.01.2017AZAL’s flight attendants still in London police department, situation under control of Azerbaijani embassy
- 24.01.2017AZN 4M allocated for restoration of village of Azerbaijan's Jabrail
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 820M
- 23.01.2017President: Azerbaijan is of few countries living on its own
- 23.01.2017Litigations caused delay in BTK implementation for three years - minister
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan, Kuwait open charter flights
- 18.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s geographical location has contributed to successful realization of major transnational projects
- 17.01.2017Minister: Azerbaijan route is a reliable and safe direction for Iran
- 16.01.2017TeliaSonera comments on reports on sale of Azercell’s shares
- 13.01.2017AZAL increases number of flights to Israel
- 12.01.2017AZN 5M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply launched in Shahbuz city and surrounding villages
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply and sewage systems launched in Julfa
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends groundbreaking ceremony of Ordubad Hydroelectric Power Plant
- 10.01.2017Tariff Council: Old debts for natural gas to be carried out by previous tariffs
- 09.01.2017Three flights postponed
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company starts negotiations on leasing Gurban Abbasov ship to Russia
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti sign intergovernmental agreement on civil aviation
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 16M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 25.02.2017Armenians completely destroyed Khudaferin village – minister
- 20.02.2017Rustavi-Red Bridge motor road to be repaired
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public