Air Arabia to carry out flights from Sharjah to Baku
UAE’s Air Arabia airline will carry out Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights since March.
In January 2017, Sky Star Travel and Air Arabia signed an agreement in this regard.
Air Arabia manager Konstantin Kurilo said at the presentation of a new project of Sky Star Travel that as a result of successful development and sustainable socio-political stability, Azerbaijan has turned into an attractive country for tourists and investors: “Since March, Air Arabia will carry out regular flights on Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah route. The flights will be implemented by Airbus 320 planes and four times in a week”.
Kurilo said that Air Arabia is a worldwide known low-cost airline: “The main slogan of the company it to save the clients’ money. We are proud of entering Azerbaijan’s”.
According to the agreement, Sky Star Travel was appointed as an official general sales agent of Air Arabia in Azerbaijan.
Air Arabia is a low-cost airline with its head office in the Sharjah Freight Center, Sharjah International Airport, in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The airline operates scheduled services to 51 destinations in the Middle East, North Africa, the Indian subcontinent, Central Asia and Europe to 22 countries from Sharjah, 28 destinations in 9 countries from Casablanca, Fez, Nador and Tangier, 11 destinations in 8 countries from Ras Al Khaimah, and 6 destinations in 4 countries from Alexandria. The travellers will be able to use direct flights on Sharjah-Galaba and Sharjah-Nakhchivan routes.
Sky StarTravel Director for Operation Emil Mammadov said that initially four flights are planned since March: “Then, the flights may be increased depending on number of the passengers”.
Speaking about Air Arabia, Mammadov noted that the airline has a great networks in 125 destinations: “A number of tourists travel to Azerbaijan via Air Arabia. At the same time, we’ll be able to introduce air ticket, visa and tourism packages to our local clients. The company has its “miles” system, which the clients will collect points and get free tickets in the future”.
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 20.04.2017Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan decreases automobile manufacture 42%
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched newly reconstructed Varvara Hydroelectric Power Station
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened Salahli-Balchili-Aghgiragli-Varvara-Jirdakhan highway in Yevlakh
- 14.04.2017Silk Way Airlines to purchase ten Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts for $1B
- 14.04.2017Direct flights to be launched from Azerbaijan to Bodrum
- 12.04.2017FM: Baku–Tbilisi–Kars project will facilitate uninterrupted railway access between East and West
- 07.04.2017Silk Way Airlines expands fleet with another Boeing 747-8F freighter
- 30.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.8M for road construction in Saatli district
- 29.03.2017ADB may allocate $200M to Azerbaijan Railways
- 28.03.2017Water supply systems launched in Saatli district
- 28.03.2017Motor road launched after reconstruction in Saatli district
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED
- 09.03.2017Minibus involved in fatal road accident in Baku operated illegally - ministry
- 06.03.2017NordStar suspends implementing flights from three Russian cities to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Kaspersky Lab says Azerbaijan underwent over 2.2 milllion cyber attacks in 2016
- 02.03.2017Over 50M tonnes of cargo transported through TRACECA last year
- 01.03.2017APAMark provided marketing and PR services for 15 companies in 2016 – Director General
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijan begins registering houses in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity
- 31.01.2017Speed limit in Bine-Merdekan and Bine-Buzovna highway reduced to 60 km/h
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president gives tasks on infrastructure projects
- 28.01.2017Baku-Ganja flight to be restored
- 26.01.2017Flight attendants detained by London police released
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti sign intergovernmental agreement on civil aviation
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 16M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 25.02.2017Armenians completely destroyed Khudaferin village – minister
- 20.02.2017Rustavi-Red Bridge motor road to be repaired
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public