Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
Air Arabia, the Middle East and North Africaəs first and largest low-cost carrier, launched its inaugural service from Baku earlier today.
An official delegation led by Air Arabia Chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Thani, and Emirati ambassador to Azerbaijan as well as the Azerbaijani Ambassador to the UAE were also on board the inaugural flight to Baku.
The flight departed from Sharjah International Airport this morning at 9:00 am local time, and the aircraft received a traditional water canon upon arrival to Baku, were the official inaugural visit will last for two days.
Air Arabia announced that the destination will be served four time a week, and will operate under two flight timings. On Thursdays and Sundays, the flight departs Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku 11:30 am and arrives at the Sharjah International Airport at 14:10 local time. The return flights leave Sharjah on Thursdays adn Sundays at 7:55, reaching Baku at 10:50 local time.
On Tuesdays and Sundays, the flight leaves Baku at 17:55 to land in Sharjah at 20:35 local time, and departs Sharjah at 14:20 for its return journey, arriving at Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku at 17:15.
The UAE offers an exotic array of beaches, malls adn modern architecture for tourists. Sharjah, home base of Air Arabia, the a neighboring city of Dubai and the third largest emirate of the UAE. Sharjah is known for its culture, museums adn natural beaches. UNESCO names Sharjah "The Cultural Capital of the Arab World" in 1998.
Air Arabia currently operates flights to 124 destinations in 33 countries from five hubs across the Middle East and North Africa.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018AZN 15M allocated to Azersu OJSC to provide water meters to consumers
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 150mln for Baku-Guba-Russian Federation highway
- 19.02.2018Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 16.02.2018Caspian European Club tourism committee holds session
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 142M this year
- 16.02.2018Automobile and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 15.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Nakhchivan
- 15.02.2018Gilan Holding holds blood donation campaign for patients with thalassemia in Sumgayit
- 14.02.2018Freightage by Europe-Caucasus-Asia transport corridor increased last year
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan, Iran to launch joint automobile plant in March
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan allocates 19.5mln manats for construction of kindergartens in districts
- 09.02.2018AZN 15.52M allocated for construction of Gobustan Central Hospital
- 09.02.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 09.02.2018Javid Gurbanov: Russia is interested in transportation of ironware via BTK
- 09.02.2018Austria to use BTK for cargo transportation to Kazakhstan
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, which has no access to open seas, will turn into one of transport hubs in Eurasia
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs a decree on some issues related to activities of State Housing Construction Agency
- 07.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers to determine cases allowing replacement of concessional apartments
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 12M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Mingechevir
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Khizi
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijani Energy Minister: Implementation of Southern Gas Corridor entering a crucial stage
- 01.02.2018“AzerTelecom” provides modern telecommunication services - ®
- 30.01.2018EU official: Railway project turns Azerbaijan into a transport corridor
- 30.01.2018EU says progress achieved in talks with Azerbaijan on aviation deal
- 30.01.2018EU official: BTK is an important route
- 29.01.2018Nearly 2.7 million tourists visit Azerbaijan in 2017
- 24.01.2018Ambassador: Alat and Turkmenbashi ports to change geography of freightage
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan railway line has changed regional transport map
- 23.01.2018Iran, Azerbaijan to sign agreement on financing of Rasht-Astara railway project next month
- 22.01.2018Registration for 4th CEO Lunch Tbilisi starts
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED