Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
Air Arabia, the Middle East and North Africaəs first and largest low-cost carrier, launched its inaugural service from Baku earlier today.
An official delegation led by Air Arabia Chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Thani, and Emirati ambassador to Azerbaijan as well as the Azerbaijani Ambassador to the UAE were also on board the inaugural flight to Baku.
The flight departed from Sharjah International Airport this morning at 9:00 am local time, and the aircraft received a traditional water canon upon arrival to Baku, were the official inaugural visit will last for two days.
Air Arabia announced that the destination will be served four time a week, and will operate under two flight timings. On Thursdays and Sundays, the flight departs Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku 11:30 am and arrives at the Sharjah International Airport at 14:10 local time. The return flights leave Sharjah on Thursdays adn Sundays at 7:55, reaching Baku at 10:50 local time.
On Tuesdays and Sundays, the flight leaves Baku at 17:55 to land in Sharjah at 20:35 local time, and departs Sharjah at 14:20 for its return journey, arriving at Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku at 17:15.
The UAE offers an exotic array of beaches, malls adn modern architecture for tourists. Sharjah, home base of Air Arabia, the a neighboring city of Dubai and the third largest emirate of the UAE. Sharjah is known for its culture, museums adn natural beaches. UNESCO names Sharjah "The Cultural Capital of the Arab World" in 1998.
Air Arabia currently operates flights to 124 destinations in 33 countries from five hubs across the Middle East and North Africa.
Related news releases
- 09.03.2017Minibus involved in fatal road accident in Baku operated illegally - ministry
- 06.03.2017NordStar suspends implementing flights from three Russian cities to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017Kaspersky Lab says Azerbaijan underwent over 2.2 milllion cyber attacks in 2016
- 02.03.2017Over 50M tonnes of cargo transported through TRACECA last year
- 01.03.2017APAMark provided marketing and PR services for 15 companies in 2016 – Director General
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijan begins registering houses in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 25.02.2017Armenians completely destroyed Khudaferin village – minister
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 16M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti sign intergovernmental agreement on civil aviation
- 22.02.2017Air Arabia to carry out flights from Sharjah to Baku
- 20.02.2017Rustavi-Red Bridge motor road to be repaired
- 17.02.2017President invites MAN representatives to Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Situation in Baku’s roads made public
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan sets up Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of newly renovated Baku Railway Station - UPDATED
- 06.02.2017BP: Shah Deniz 2 project ‘87% complete’
- 03.02.2017Two deputy chairmen appointed to State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.02.2017Azerbaijan to establish State Inspection for Civil Aviation Flight Safety public legal entity
- 31.01.2017Speed limit in Bine-Merdekan and Bine-Buzovna highway reduced to 60 km/h
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president gives tasks on infrastructure projects
- 28.01.2017Baku-Ganja flight to be restored
- 26.01.2017Flight attendants detained by London police released
- 25.01.2017Azerbaijani president issues order to enlarge territory of Sumgait Chemical Industrial Park
- 25.01.2017AZAL’s flight attendants still in London police department, situation under control of Azerbaijani embassy
- 24.01.2017AZN 4M allocated for restoration of village of Azerbaijan's Jabrail
- 24.01.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 820M
- 23.01.2017President: Azerbaijan is of few countries living on its own
- 23.01.2017Litigations caused delay in BTK implementation for three years - minister
- 21.01.2017Azerbaijan, Kuwait open charter flights
- 18.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s geographical location has contributed to successful realization of major transnational projects
- 17.01.2017Minister: Azerbaijan route is a reliable and safe direction for Iran
- 16.01.2017TeliaSonera comments on reports on sale of Azercell’s shares
- 13.01.2017AZAL increases number of flights to Israel
- 12.01.2017AZN 5M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply launched in Shahbuz city and surrounding villages
- 11.01.2017Drinking water supply and sewage systems launched in Julfa
- 11.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends groundbreaking ceremony of Ordubad Hydroelectric Power Plant
- 10.01.2017Tariff Council: Old debts for natural gas to be carried out by previous tariffs
- 09.01.2017Three flights postponed
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company starts negotiations on leasing Gurban Abbasov ship to Russia
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED