Air Arabia implements its first flight to Baku
Air Arabia, the Middle East and North Africaəs first and largest low-cost carrier, launched its inaugural service from Baku earlier today.
An official delegation led by Air Arabia Chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Thani, and Emirati ambassador to Azerbaijan as well as the Azerbaijani Ambassador to the UAE were also on board the inaugural flight to Baku.
The flight departed from Sharjah International Airport this morning at 9:00 am local time, and the aircraft received a traditional water canon upon arrival to Baku, were the official inaugural visit will last for two days.
Air Arabia announced that the destination will be served four time a week, and will operate under two flight timings. On Thursdays and Sundays, the flight departs Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku 11:30 am and arrives at the Sharjah International Airport at 14:10 local time. The return flights leave Sharjah on Thursdays adn Sundays at 7:55, reaching Baku at 10:50 local time.
On Tuesdays and Sundays, the flight leaves Baku at 17:55 to land in Sharjah at 20:35 local time, and departs Sharjah at 14:20 for its return journey, arriving at Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku at 17:15.
The UAE offers an exotic array of beaches, malls adn modern architecture for tourists. Sharjah, home base of Air Arabia, the a neighboring city of Dubai and the third largest emirate of the UAE. Sharjah is known for its culture, museums adn natural beaches. UNESCO names Sharjah "The Cultural Capital of the Arab World" in 1998.
Air Arabia currently operates flights to 124 destinations in 33 countries from five hubs across the Middle East and North Africa.
Related news releases
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 553M
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sharply decreases automobile manufacture
- 14.09.2017Anaklia and New Port of Baku in Alat intend to establish close cooperation - INTERVIEW
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.5M for supply of Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 12.09.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport targets record high in passenger transportation
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan Railways CJSC announces date of BTK’s opening ceremony
- 11.09.2017Representatives of Korean shipbuilding companies to visit Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Direct flights to be launched between Korea and Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Baku to host WorldBuild Baku 2017 exhibition
- 06.09.2017Composition of Azerbaijan-Turkey joint intergovernmental commission changed
- 04.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Jalilabad-Yardimli highway
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens highway connecting 23 villages of Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-reconstructed administrative building of Jalilabad Telecommunications Network
- 02.09.2017Water supply and sewage systems launched in Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017Masalli-Jalilabad stretch of Alat-Astara-Iran state border highway inaugurated
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Lankaran-Masalli section of Alat-Astara-Iran border highway
- 02.09.2017AZAL holds 2 percent of Georgian air market
- 01.09.2017Buta Airways launches first flight
- 30.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Bilasuvar
- 29.08.2017Heydar Aliyev Int’l Airport switches to new technological solutions
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 25.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Embraer 190 aircraft delivered to Baku by Buta Airways
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 21.08.2017Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Zazalı-“Imamzade” complex-Ganja highway
- 17.08.2017Over five million manats allocated for road construction in Azerbaijan’s Aghsu
- 16.08.2017AZN 4 mln manat allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Binagadi, Mehdiabad, Novkhani
- 15.08.20173mln manats allocated for reconstruction of water supple and sewage systems in ‘White City’
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 23.3M for restoration of Gakh-Zagatala highway
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 24.6M for repair of Zagatala-Balaken-Mazimchay highway
- 08.08.2017President: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will increase transit opportunities of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017AZAL calls to buy air tickets only from Airline's trusted partners
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of motor road in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gakh district
- 03.08.2017Balaken-Saribulag-Gabagchol-Khalatala motor road launched
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of Balaken Hydroelectric Power Station
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 16.03.2017Air Arabia to implement Sharjah-Baku-Sharjah flights every day since June
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for improvement of drinking water supply of population
- 25.03.2017Turkish minister: BTK railway will be connected to railroad from Black Sea
- 15.03.2017Movement and parking around competition venues to be limited during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijani PM signs order on reconstruction of 1st micro district in Baku
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Airbus vice-president in Paris - UPDATED