SOFAZ releases revenue and expenditure statement for 2016
Budget revenues of the State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SOFAZ) for the period of January-December, 2016 reached 9,410.2 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 9,022.1 million manats.
Revenue of 8,341.4 mln. manats was received from implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 8,320.0 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 0.1 mln. manats as bonus payments, 18.0 mln. manats as transit payments and 3.3 mln. manats as acreage payments.
The revenues from managing assets of the Fund for January-December 2016 amounted to 1,068.8 mln. manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 5,705.7 mln. manats.
As per 2016 budget of the Fund, 7,615.0 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 90 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 70.0 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 66.2 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 31.6 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijani youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". 797.4 mln. manats were directed to financing of the “Southern Gas Corridor” project and 331.8 million manats for financing of the share of the Republic of Azerbaijan in the construction of “STAR” Oil Refinery Complex. The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 20.1 mln. manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of January 1, 2017 have decreased by 1.27% compared to the beginning of 2016 (USD 33,574.1 mln.) and stood at USD 33,147 mln. Even though the revenues exceeded the expenses, depreciation of Euro, British pound, Turkish Lira and Chinese yuan against the US dollar resulted in the decline of SOFAZ assets.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 14.02.2017Average monthly salary increased 7% in 2016
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan invests over $650M in Turkey in 2016
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 14.02.2017CB board three members’ terms of office end
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio