SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy
State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan has started diversification of investment portfolio since 2011, Deputy Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan Israfil Mammadov said at the conference held in Washington DC on the 25th anniversary of bilateral economic and diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and the US.
According to him, for diversification of the portfolio, SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy.
Executive Director of the Center of Analyses of Economic Reforms and Communication Vusal Gasimli noted that totally $200 billion has been invested in Azerbaijan’s economy, of which $10 billion was invested by the US companies.
Nuran Kerimov, the Managing partner of Deloitte in Azerbaijan and president of AmCham-Azerbaijan said that Azerbaijan has opportunities in terms of development of regional markets.
Speaking about Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, Gilan Holding’s finance director Fuad Karimov noted that Formula One and other similar events are significant in terms of introduction of Azerbaijan’s tourism potential to the world.
Chairman and of PASHA Bank’s Management Board Taleh Kazimov said that Azerbaijan’s economy has grown since early 2017.
He also noted that the banks is exploring new opportunities in the US.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan ends H1 on profit
- 21.07.2017Gala Life Insurance gets 11.5% decline in assets
- 21.07.2017Official Exchange Rates
- 20.07.2017Holcim (Azerbaijan) ends 2016 on loss
- 20.07.2017BSE ends 2016 on loss
- 20.07.2017PASHA Bank’s profit exceeds AZN 24M
- 20.07.2017Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 20.07.2017Unibank ends H1 on profit
- 20.07.2017Dollar edges off lows against euro, central banks eyed
- 19.07.2017Finance Ministry announces revenues and expenditures of state budget
- 19.07.2017AMF issues AZN 25M-bond
- 19.07.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $356M
- 19.07.2017NBC Bank loses hope for repayment of most of troubled loans
- 18.07.2017IBA’s restructuring plan adopted
- 18.07.2017ExpressBank gets 17% decline in loan portfolio
- 18.07.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 38%
- 18.07.2017AtaBank’s profit nears AZN 1.7M
- 18.07.2017Muganbank ends H1 on loss
- 18.07.2017Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends H1 on profit
- 17.07.2017Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 17.07.2017Personal incomes rise 7% in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Average monthly salary increases 6% in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017GDP makes up AZN 31.3B in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017TuranBank ends H1 on loss
- 17.07.2017Nikoil Bank ends H1 on profit
- 17.07.2017AFB Bank gets 60% growth in deposit portfolio
- 17.07.2017AZN 7B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 17.07.2017SOFAZ’s assets nears $35B
- 15.07.2017New prices for 10,385 medicines approved in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 471M in first half of 2017
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves revised state budget
- 14.07.2017Troubled loans make up 50% of AGBank’s loan portfolio
- 14.07.2017Bank Eurasia ends H1 on profit
- 14.07.2017AGBank’s undistributed profit exceeds AZN 62M
- 13.07.2017Fitch assigns Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank 'AAA'
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan makes 7% of total investments in Turkey
- 13.07.2017Retail trade turnover increases in Azerbaijan in H1
- 13.07.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2017Annual inflation reaches 14%
- 13.07.2017IBA has enough support from creditors to implement restructuring plan
- 02.03.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists 4 persons
- 03.03.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 218M
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in February’s monetary base
- 02.03.2017AMF's mortgage portfolio could grow 30%-40% in 2017 - Fitch
- 02.03.2017Fitch Ratings affirms AMF’s rating at BB+ with negative outlooks
- 01.03.2017CB currency reserves rise 8.5%