SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy
State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan has started diversification of investment portfolio since 2011, Deputy Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan Israfil Mammadov said at the conference held in Washington DC on the 25th anniversary of bilateral economic and diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and the US.
According to him, for diversification of the portfolio, SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy.
Executive Director of the Center of Analyses of Economic Reforms and Communication Vusal Gasimli noted that totally $200 billion has been invested in Azerbaijan’s economy, of which $10 billion was invested by the US companies.
Nuran Kerimov, the Managing partner of Deloitte in Azerbaijan and president of AmCham-Azerbaijan said that Azerbaijan has opportunities in terms of development of regional markets.
Speaking about Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, Gilan Holding’s finance director Fuad Karimov noted that Formula One and other similar events are significant in terms of introduction of Azerbaijan’s tourism potential to the world.
Chairman and of PASHA Bank’s Management Board Taleh Kazimov said that Azerbaijan’s economy has grown since early 2017.
He also noted that the banks is exploring new opportunities in the US.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Bank Standard’s non-performing loans amount to AZN 707M
- 28.04.2017Deficit of consolidated budget exceeds AZN 1.1B
- 28.04.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 350M
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 28.04.2017Oil prices rise
- 27.04.2017Baku hosts workshop on Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO
- 27.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 732M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 27.04.2017Insurers collect AZN 151 million premiums, pay AZN 60 million in Q1
- 27.04.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.04.2017SOFAZ’s investment opportunities in France discussed
- 27.04.2017SOFAZ Executive Director re-elected to Supervisory Council of VTB Bank for next term
- 27.04.2017SCC seizes 18 kg of drug
- 27.04.2017PASHA Bank’s assets near AZN 3.3B
- 27.04.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan gets 2.4% rise in deposit portfolio
- 26.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 732M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.04.2017SCC prevents AZN 895,000 deviation from budget
- 26.04.2017Muganbank’s loss exceeds AZN 13M
- 26.04.2017President’s aide: main goal is to bring Azerbaijan to level of developed countries
- 25.04.2017Date of next meeting of Azerbaijan-Lithuania intergovernmental commission announced
- 25.04.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 25.04.2017AtaBank gets 38% decline in deposit portfolio
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan to reopen currency exchange offices
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees 12% rise in troubled loans
- 25.04.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 25.04.2017Xalg Bank ends Q1 on profit
- 24.04.2017Bank Respublika ends Q1 on loss
- 24.04.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 365M
- 24.04.2017AccessBank gets 6% rise in deposit portfolio
- 24.04.2017ADB allocates over $1.3B loan to Azerbaijan in 2016
- 24.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 728M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns over $10M from gold sale
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining’s debt exceeds $33M
- 21.04.2017PM Artur Rasi-zadeh re-elected as SOFAZ Supervisory Board's Chair
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijani protests against Kosovo’s membership to WCO
- 21.04.2017USD rate for April 24 announced
- 21.04.2017Synergy Group becomes AtaBank’s shareholder
- 02.03.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists 4 persons
- 03.03.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 218M
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in February’s monetary base
- 02.03.2017AMF's mortgage portfolio could grow 30%-40% in 2017 - Fitch
- 02.03.2017Fitch Ratings affirms AMF’s rating at BB+ with negative outlooks
- 01.03.2017CB currency reserves rise 8.5%