SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy
State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan has started diversification of investment portfolio since 2011, Deputy Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan Israfil Mammadov said at the conference held in Washington DC on the 25th anniversary of bilateral economic and diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and the US.
According to him, for diversification of the portfolio, SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy.
Executive Director of the Center of Analyses of Economic Reforms and Communication Vusal Gasimli noted that totally $200 billion has been invested in Azerbaijan’s economy, of which $10 billion was invested by the US companies.
Nuran Kerimov, the Managing partner of Deloitte in Azerbaijan and president of AmCham-Azerbaijan said that Azerbaijan has opportunities in terms of development of regional markets.
Speaking about Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, Gilan Holding’s finance director Fuad Karimov noted that Formula One and other similar events are significant in terms of introduction of Azerbaijan’s tourism potential to the world.
Chairman and of PASHA Bank’s Management Board Taleh Kazimov said that Azerbaijan’s economy has grown since early 2017.
He also noted that the banks is exploring new opportunities in the US.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth exceeds AZN 2B
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.03.2017EIB allocates €20M loan to AccessBank
- 17.03.2017USD rate continues to decline
- 17.03.2017Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 17.03.2017Paid services decline 3% in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017PM: IBA former management’s criminal activity worsened the situation
- 17.03.2017PASHA Bank Georgia ends 2016 on profit
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in consumption market
- 17.03.2017Catering turnover amounts to over AZN 177M
- 16.03.2017SCC increases budget transfers 52%
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $682M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn over AZN 125M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 22%
- 16.03.2017Average exchange rate of for February announced
- 16.03.2017State budget executed with AZN 179M surpluses in January-February
- 16.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 16.03.2017Central Bank to take adequate measures about impact of Federal Reserve’s decision on Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.03.2017AZN 10B asset transferred from IBA
- 16.03.2017Banks’ capital position remaining sensitive to external shocks - FIMSA
- 16.03.2017SOCAR to increase oil output 4.7% this year – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Fitch announces its forecast on inflation and manat rate in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2017Confidence in manat should be restored – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Transfer of $7.5B from SOFAZ to CBA will strengthen manat – Fitch
- 16.03.2017US Federal Reserve’s decision may indirectly affect Azerbaijan – central bank
- 16.03.2017Fitch forecasts negative outlook for some Azerbaijani banks this year
- 15.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.03.2017Ministry of Taxes transfers nearly AZN 940M to state budget
- 15.03.2017AMF gets 42% rise in profit
- 15.03.2017Bank of America: Manat has great potential to be strengthened
- 15.03.2017AMF Supervisory Board composition announced
- 15.03.2017GDP increases 0.4% in Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2017Poroshenko expresses his support to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan can repay its foreign debts in a few months – president
- 14.03.2017Over AZN 2B invested in fixed capital in January-February
- 13.03.2017Discount rate remained unchanged at CBA board meeting
- 02.03.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists 4 persons
- 03.03.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 218M
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in February’s monetary base
- 02.03.2017AMF's mortgage portfolio could grow 30%-40% in 2017 - Fitch
- 02.03.2017Fitch Ratings affirms AMF’s rating at BB+ with negative outlooks
- 01.03.2017CB currency reserves rise 8.5%