SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy
State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan has started diversification of investment portfolio since 2011, Deputy Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan Israfil Mammadov said at the conference held in Washington DC on the 25th anniversary of bilateral economic and diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and the US.
According to him, for diversification of the portfolio, SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy.
Executive Director of the Center of Analyses of Economic Reforms and Communication Vusal Gasimli noted that totally $200 billion has been invested in Azerbaijan’s economy, of which $10 billion was invested by the US companies.
Nuran Kerimov, the Managing partner of Deloitte in Azerbaijan and president of AmCham-Azerbaijan said that Azerbaijan has opportunities in terms of development of regional markets.
Speaking about Azerbaijan’s tourism potential, Gilan Holding’s finance director Fuad Karimov noted that Formula One and other similar events are significant in terms of introduction of Azerbaijan’s tourism potential to the world.
Chairman and of PASHA Bank’s Management Board Taleh Kazimov said that Azerbaijan’s economy has grown since early 2017.
He also noted that the banks is exploring new opportunities in the US.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 200M
- 22.02.2018Moody’s: Azerbaijan’s economy to grow 2% in 2019
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 21.02.2018CBA attracts more than AZN 1B from deposit auction last year
- 21.02.2018CBA: SOFAZ sold $3.6B in currency auction last year
- 21.02.2018Stabilization of manat rate causes sharp decline in sale of currency
- 21.02.2018Money transfers to Azerbaijan doubled last year
- 21.02.2018AZN 1.2B invested in banks’ equity capital in 2016-2017
- 20.02.2018More than 70% of all transactions at AccessBank go online - INTERVIEW
- 20.02.2018BSE turnover increases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 20.02.2018Deputy Minister: Debts on mandatory state social insurance as of January 1, 2018 exceed AZN 364M
- 20.02.2018Mandatory state social insurance amnesty expected in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 19.02.2018Gala Insurance increases premiums by 27%
- 19.02.2018Petkim doubles profit
- 19.02.2018PASHA Yatirim Bankasi issues TRY 32.5M bonds
- 19.02.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $91M in January
- 19.02.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.02.2018Yapi Kredi Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee increases budget transfers
- 16.02.2018USD rate for Feb.19 announced
- 16.02.2018Credit institutions issues AZN 1.3B-shares last year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 715M to state budget this year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 77.6B to state budget during 15 years - ANALYSIS
- 16.02.2018Personal incomes rise by 12% in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Average exchange rate of manat for January announced
- 15.02.2018Economic growth in Azerbaijan makes up 2% in January
- 15.02.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 977M in January
- 15.02.2018Baku hosts next meeting of Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
- 15.02.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.02.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan Credit Bureau’s authorized capital announced
- 14.02.2018State program on improvement of official statistics in 2018-2025 approved
- 02.03.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists 4 persons
- 03.03.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 218M
- 03.03.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in February’s monetary base
- 02.03.2017AMF's mortgage portfolio could grow 30%-40% in 2017 - Fitch
- 02.03.2017Fitch Ratings affirms AMF’s rating at BB+ with negative outlooks
- 01.03.2017CB currency reserves rise 8.5%