SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani manat continues to weaken against US dollar
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan’s NIKOIL Bank names new deputy chairman of board
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sells $50M to local banks
- 26.07.2016Azer-Turk Bank assets up in 2Q 2016
- 25.07.2016Depositors of liquidated banks to get compensation starting August 1
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani manat continues to weaken against US dollar
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan-Georgia trade turnover down in H1 2016
- 23.07.2016ISIS-affiliated group hacks websites of Azerbaijani company - UPDATED
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund to attract loan from Central Bank
- 22.07.2016Rufat Aslanli: Decision on liquidation of four banks in Azerbaijan taken together with Finance Ministry, Central Bank
- 22.07.2016Insured deposits in 4 liquidated banks of Azerbaijan surpass AZN 140M - UPDATED
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Parabank may become a non-bank credit organization
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sells $50M to local banks at auction
- 21.07.2016Management changes at Azerbaijani insurance company
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani manat rate for July 20
- 19.07.2016Bank Silk Way faces loss in Q2 2016
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sell $50M to local banks at auction
- 19.07.2016Official Exchange Rates
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Q2 positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes $57m
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank attracts 37M manats at deposit auction
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate for July 18
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan establishes Financial Stability Board
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijani population spends AZN 600M on loan interests in H1 2016
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees AZN 688M deficit in state budget execution in H1 2016
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 3.4% economic decline
- 13.07.2016Major staff changes at Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund
- 13.07.2016Sweden - strong supporter on EU-Azerbaijan substantive agreement, says ambassador
- 13.07.2016Azerbaijan to primarily apply tax free system at int'l airports
- 12.07.2016Rule on Tax Free enters into force in Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2016SOFAZ not affected by Brexit - executive director
- 12.07.2016SOFAZ plans to purchase real estate in Turkey
- 12.07.2016Azerbaijan, UN sign framework agreement
- 11.07.2016Annual inflation reaches 10.5% in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2016IBA Georgia makes staff changes
- 11.07.2016Ministry of Taxes transfers over AZN 3B to state budget
- 11.07.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in number of ATMs
- 11.07.2016Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 11.07.2016No mortgage loans allocated by banks in May
- 11.07.2016Bank deposits increase about 3% in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 8% growth in cash in circulation
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital