SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017New head appointed to IBA-Moscow - EXCLUSIVE
- 18.01.2017ASB Bank ends 2016 on profit
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.8% decline in economy
- 18.01.2017ADIF pays over AZN 722M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.01.2017ADIF pays over AZN 722M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.01.2017TuranBank gets 3% decline in loan portfolio
- 17.01.2017Tax debts of several transnational companies written off
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with SUEZ CEO in Davos - UPDATED
- 17.01.2017Nearly AZN 15B invested in fixed capital in 2016
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijani president meets with President of Europe Selling & Market Operations at Procter & Gamble in Davos
- 17.01.2017Tax debts of state bodies in amount of AZN 22M written off
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan's positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $611M in 2016
- 17.01.2017Tax debt of Islamic Solidarity Games Operation Committee written off
- 17.01.2017Eight banks’ tax debt in amount of AZN 173,000 written off
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan reduces car import by 5 times
- 16.01.2017Amrahbank gets decline in loan portfolio
- 16.01.2017WB allocates $400M for TANAP
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover makes up nearly $20B in eleven months 2016
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani president meets with EBRD president in Davos - UPDATED
- 16.01.2017PASHA Life sharply increases payments in 2016
- 13.01.2017Bank Nikoil gets decline in assets
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan announces level of inflation
- 13.01.2017Number of workers in economy announced
- 13.01.2017Coca-Cola gets sharp decline in sale in Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2017Kapital Bank ends 2016 on profit
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan sees over 17% rise in SCC budget transfers
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan Central Bank to attract AZN 15M
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in monetary base in December
- 13.01.2017CB announces amount of currency reserves
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves draft law on ‘tax amnesty’
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani ministry fulfills 2016 budget tasks on taxpayers to full extent
- 12.01.2017Pensions for January to be paid in coming days: Azerbaijani ministry
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani banks to offer non-cash loans
- 12.01.2017Moody's: Karabakh conflict weighs on CIS economies
- 11.01.2017IBA to be normalized this year – Khalid Ahadov - EXCLUSIVE
- 11.01.2017Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends 2016 on profit
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in cash in circulation
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 5% rise in troubled loans
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 11.01.2017Foreign currency deposits make up 81 percent of total bank deposits
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital