SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments/premiums ratio
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums near AZN 463
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 723 million to payment of loan interests
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 14.2B on food this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia get 6.5% rise in trade turnover
- 16.11.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 9.5%
- 16.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.3B to state budget this year
- 16.11.2017AZN12.5B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 708M this year
- 16.11.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 593M
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.7% decline in economy
- 15.11.2017CBA: Global rise of some food products prevent reduction in inflation rate
- 15.11.2017New CEO of Caspian European Club announced
- 15.11.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan makes decision to keep other parameters of discount rate and interest corridor unchanged
- 14.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is inaccessible for many countries
- 14.11.2017President: No other country developed as rapidly as did Azerbaijan in terms of economic reforms in past 14 years
- 14.11.2017Russian government acquires about 100% of Bank VTB Azerbaijan’s shares
- 14.11.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 14.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.2B to state budget this year
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover increases 9-fold
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 86%
- 14.11.2017BSE turnover doubles
- 13.11.2017Drafts of budgets for 2018 recommended to plenary meeting of parliament
- 13.11.2017State budget for 2018 drawn up in three scenarios
- 13.11.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.1% last month
- 10.11.2017Bitcoin slides by over $1,000 in less than 48 hours
- 10.11.2017PASHA Bank Georgia sees 10% decline in assets
- 10.11.2017IBA-Georgia’s assets decline by 23%
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 13% decline in September’s mortgage lending
- 08.11.2017Personal savings increase by 3.3% in September
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 08.11.2017Most parliamentary committees recommend budget package for discussion at plenary meeting
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary committees continue discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017Dollarization level of individuals falls to 72%
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital