SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Central Bank to attract AZN 50M
- 21.10.2016EBRD invested €2.5B in Azerbaijan so far
- 21.10.2016ADIF pays over AZN 527M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 20.10.2016Gunay Bank seeks foreign shareholder
- 20.10.2016Georgia reduces product export to Azeraijan
- 20.10.2016ADIF pays over AZN 498M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 19.10.2016Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends Q3 on profit
- 19.10.2016Bank Silk Way gets decline in total capital
- 19.10.2016Bank Eurasia ends eight months on profit
- 19.10.2016PASHA Bank among World's Best Emerging Markets Banks in Asia-Pacific 2016
- 19.10.2016Azerbaijan may become shareholder of Eurasian Development Bank
- 19.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 461M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 18.10.2016World Bank ready to support Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani president: Crisis on oil price showed that funds should be used economically
- 18.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 407M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.10.2016UK heads list of countries investing in Azerbaijan's fixed capital
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade operations makes up $340M
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees over 47% rise in budget transfers from SCC
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees 4% decline in economy
- 17.10.2016Bank Respublika increases authorized capital
- 14.10.2016Money transfer from Georgia to Azerbaijan and vice verse decreased
- 14.10.2016IBA-Georgia gets rise in liabilities
- 14.10.2016Customs transfers to state budget increased 2.3 times
- 14.10.2016State budget executed at over AZN 519M-deficit in nine months
- 14.10.2016VTB invested $700M in Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijan ranks 5th in CIS for public debt/GDP ratio
- 13.10.2016T-bills placement
- 13.10.2016PASHA Life increases insurance payments 3.4 times
- 13.10.2016Over AZN 10B invested in fixed capital in nine months of 2016
- 13.10.2016Central Bank announces results of bilateral currency auction
- 13.10.2016Anglo Asian Mining announces amount of debt to loca banks
- 13.10.2016Armenia’s public debt reaches $5.6 billion
- 13.10.2016CBA may reconsider reduction of discount rate
- 13.10.2016Fitch affirms Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s shareholder at 'BBB-' with Negative Outlook
- 12.10.2016Shahmar Movsumov: SOFAZ to be affected by decline in London-based offices’ value
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ assets anticipated to $35B next year
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ may extend period of deposit in International Bank of Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ gets 7% rise in assets
- 12.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 271M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital