SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 27.05.2017IBA's restructuring plan expected to be approved, says Moody's
- 26.05.2017USD rate for May 29 announced
- 26.05.2017Moody’s downgrades one more rating of IBA
- 26.05.2017Central Bank attracts more than AZN 649M
- 26.05.2017ADIF pays over AZN 733M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.05.2017Fitch: It is not clear that planned restructuring would remove need for support for IBA.
- 25.05.2017Aydin Aliyev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 25.05.2017No reason for population to withdraw deposits from International Bank of Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 25.05.2017Moody’s announces conditions for restoration of Azerbaijan’s economy
- 25.05.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan spends funds equal to 18% of its GDP to support banking sector
- 24.05.2017Fitch Ratings downgrades IBA to Restricted Default
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 24.05.2017IBA ratings may be revised
- 23.05.2017Samir Sharifov: "Azerbaijan's IBA will be privatised but not before 2018"
- 23.05.2017SCC chairman: Israeli citizen confesses to hiding large amount of currency from control - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017IBA starts talks with foreign creditors in London
- 23.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 23.05.2017Part of AZN 10B-bonds issued for IBA’s financial health unregistered
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.05.2017Bitcoin value reaches record level
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital