SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan Int’l Bank to shrink – finance minister
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan seeks fair rate of manat – finance minister
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 23.09.2016ECB warns crowded banking sector is squashing profits
- 23.09.2016ADIF pays over AZN 258M in compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani gov’t discusses 2017 state budget
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues growth rate
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 21.09.2016Sovereign and Pension Funds gather in Baku
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani company’s Montenegro-based bank renamed
- 19.09.2016Money transfer from Georgia to Azerbaijan and vice verse increased
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan foreign trade operations exceed $11B
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees nearly 40% rise in budget transfers from SCC
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan reduces car import over 6 times
- 16.09.2016FMSA urged Zolotaya Korona to stop money transfers to Armenia
- 16.09.2016Upper limit of interest rate on insured deposits raised to 15%
- 16.09.2016ADIF pays AZN 252M in compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 16.09.2016President's Aide: SOCAR’s bonds may be put up for sale
- 16.09.2016"Fitch Ratings" confirms DemirBank’s long-term foreign currency IDR at ‘B’
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 119M decline in budget deficit
- 16.09.2016Nearly AZN 9B invested in fixed capital in eight months of 2016
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 3% economic decline
- 16.09.2016IMF: Azerbaijan should focus on reorganizing banking sector
- 15.09.2016Financial Markets Supervisory Authority comments on reports about revoking lisences of several banks
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani population spend AZN 9.3B to food products
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 15.09.2016Volume of Azerbaijan’s foreign trade operations in January-July announced
- 15.09.2016Number and wages of hired workers in Azerbaijan’s economy announced
- 15.09.2016Inflation in January-August makes 10.8% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016"Fitch" welcomes Azerbaijani government preserving assets in foreign currency
- 15.09.2016IMF urges regulators to help problematic banks in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016IMF: Azerbaijani government takes a number of actions against external shocks
- 15.09.2016Customs transfers to state budget doubled
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital