SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 20.02.2017Demirbank ends 2016 on loss
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 17.02.2017Over AZN 954M invested in fixed capital in January
- 17.02.2017State budget executed with surplus in January
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 1% growth in economy
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $355M
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 70% rise in SCC budget transfers
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan reduces car import by 7%
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loss
- 16.02.2017Parameters of AMF bonds announced
- 16.02.2017Situation in partner counties affects money transfers – central bank
- 16.02.2017Strategic currency reserves exceed country’s external debt by 4.1 times – central bank
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 15.02.2017Money transfers from Georgia to Azerbaijan decline in January
- 15.02.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 200M
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan invests over $650M in Turkey in 2016
- 14.02.2017Average monthly salary increased 7% in 2016
- 14.02.2017SOFAZ releases revenue and expenditure statement for 2016
- 14.02.2017CB board three members’ terms of office end
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 1.3B to food in January
- 13.02.2017Annual inflation fluctuates around 12%
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 10.02.2017Manat savings increase in 2016
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees over 2% decline in troubled loans year-on-year
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks did not give mortgage loan through AMF in 2016
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital