SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 08.12.2016New heads appointed to two state banks - UPDATED
- 08.12.2016Subsistence minimum to increase 14%
- 08.12.2016Need criteria to reach AZN 116
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey may use national currencies in trade turnover
- 08.12.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 714M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 08.12.2016One more Russian bank becomes SOFAZ partner
- 08.12.2016Mortgage portfolio of closed four banks transfered to Bank BTB
- 07.12.2016Fitch announces forecasts on manat rate by 2018
- 07.12.2016ADB approves $500 million to support Azerbaijan's economy
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani president approves strategic road maps on major sectors of economy
- 06.12.2016Central Bank prepares proposal to reduce pressure on manat
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan to continue pursuing stringent monetary policy next year
- 06.12.2016Tariff changes increase revenues and expenditures in state budget for 2017
- 05.12.2016Russia’s Alfa Bank buys property of CDB’s subsidiary in Georgia
- 05.12.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 55M at auction
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees 2.5 times decline in foreign currency transactions
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in deposits in foreign currency
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in monetary base
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in cash in circulation
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees decline in October’s money supply
- 02.12.2016AMF suspended government mortgage lending for tens months
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees 14% decline in troubled loans
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 02.12.2016Draft budget recommended to plenary meeting of Azerbaijani parliament
- 01.12.2016ADIF pays AZN 712.5M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan to up targeted social assistance
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan increases subsistence minimum 14%
- 30.11.2016Elman Rustamov names factors affecting financial market
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan managing manat rate at certain level to find its value – central bank
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan has enough currency reserves to compensate losses from low oil price – CB chairman
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan developing plan to ensure macroeconomic stability and switch to new economic growth – CB chairman
- 30.11.2016Limit of need criteria to increase 10.5% over differentiation of prices of public utilities - minister
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament discussing 2017 state budget - UPDATED
- 30.11.2016Measures for normalization in banking sector may cause extra borrowing for state budget – Samir Sharifov
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan targets to preserve macroeconomic stability in 2017 – finance minister
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan bans cigarette advertisement and tobacco companies from sponsoring
- 29.11.2016USD rate exceeds AZN 1.73
- 28.11.2016Contracts causing any loss at bank to be declared invalid
- 28.11.2016Special powers may be given to temporary administrators appointed to banks
- 28.11.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 72M at auction
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital