SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Unibank ends 2017 on profit
- 19.01.2018Aydin Aliyev comments on reports regarding merger of SCC with other state bodies
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 24% rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 19.01.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 19.01.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s liabilities increase by 69%
- 18.01.2018New department created in Ministry of Taxes
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan to develop draft law on Investment activity
- 18.01.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 18.01.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.01.2018Personal incomes rise more than 8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Average exchange rate of manat for December announced
- 17.01.2018Average monthly salary increases 6.2% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Central Bank comments on refusal of floating exchange rate regime
- 17.01.2018Turanbank ends 2017 on loss
- 17.01.2018Demirbank’s foreign stakeholder comments on its closure
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Corporation established
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital