SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 22.09.2017Financial Monitoring Service removes one person from blacklist
- 22.09.2017Central Bank develops special program for increase of interest rate transmission capability
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani gov't discusses 2018 state budget
- 21.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 21.09.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 100M
- 21.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 21.09.2017US Federal Reserve holds interest rates steady
- 20.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 20.09.2017ADIF pays AZN 748M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 19.09.2017Minister: "IBA can be prepared for privatization"
- 19.09.2017Chamber of Accounts makes decision to send materials on University of Economy to General Prosecutor’s Office
- 19.09.2017Elman Rustamov: We see no risk for manat rate
- 19.09.2017WB: Azerbaijan is our loyal partner
- 19.09.2017CB chairman: Currency market balanced, manat stabilized
- 19.09.2017WB allocated $3.6B for more than 50 projects in Azerbaijan so far
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Credit activity in Azerbaijan still remains unrecovered
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Manat stability accompanied by decline in dollarization
- 18.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.09.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to government
- 15.09.2017Average monthly salary increases 7% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 539M
- 15.09.2017Average exchange rate of manat for August announced
- 15.09.2017GDP amounts to AZN 43.7M in Azerbaijan this year
- 15.09.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 11%
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 11B to food this year
- 15.09.2017AZN 10B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 15.09.2017EBRD may become shareholder of IBA
- 14.09.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017AmCham Azerbaijan welcomes initiative on monitoring of the Strategic Road Map
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations
- 12.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 20%
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 64%
- 12.09.2017Deputy chairman of Central Bank resigns
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital