SOFAZ gets 2.07% rise in assets
SOFAZ told APA-Economics that the budget revenues for the period of January-March, 2014 reached 3,005.0 million manats, while budget expenditures constituted 2,443.3 million manats.
Revenue of 3,006.8 mln. manats was received from the implementation of oil and gas agreements, including 2,991.2 mln. manats from the sale of profit oil and gas, 2.3 mln. manats as transit payments, 13.3 mln. manats as bonus payments.
As per January-March 2014 budget of the Fund, 2,342.6 mln. manats were transferred to the state budget. The expenditures in the amount of 70.1 mln. manats were directed to financing the improvement of social-economic condition of refugees and internally displaced persons, 5.6 mln. manats were used for financing the reconstruction of the Samur-Absheron irrigation system. 5.1 mln. manats were directed to financing Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway construction and 3.0 mln. manats were directed to financing "The state program on the education of Azerbaijan youth abroad in the years 2007-2015". The Fund's administrative and operational expenses for the reporting period were 16.9 mln. manats.
During the first quarter of the year, the value of SOFAZ’s equity portfolio decreased due to events which took place in Ukraine. Despite the income from different investments the losses from managing assets of the Fund for January-March 2014 amounted to 1.8 mln. manats. In the following months as a result of stabilization and growth in the prices of equities of Russian companies, revenues from managing assets of the Fund for the period January - May 15, 2014 totaled to 87.8 million manats.
The Fund's extra-budgetary revenues related to the revaluation of foreign exchange totalled 10.1 million manats. SOFAZ’s extra-budgetary revenues related to price changes of gold amounted to 60.8 million manats while extra-budgetary expenses related to price changes of USD, EURO, GBP and other currencies totalled 50.7 million manats.
The assets of SOFAZ as of April 1, 2014 has grown by 2.07% compared to the beginning of 2014 (USD 35,877.5 mln.) and stood at USD 36,618.4 mln.
Starting from the first quarter of 2012 the Oil Fund has begun purchase of gold and the amount of purchased gold as of April 1, 2014 was 30 tons 175 kg (970,146 ounces).
Related news releases
- 25.08.2016USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijan Central Bank to hold deposit auction
- 25.08.2016ADIF starts registration of claims against Caucasus Development Bank and AtrabankI
- 25.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 212M compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 25.08.2016SOFAZ sells $50M to 28 banks
- 24.08.2016Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.55M for road construction in Oghuz
- 24.08.2016FMSA: Banks don’t give authentic information about reasons for rejecting appeals to take loans
- 24.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 206M compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 24.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 23.08.2016SOFAZ sells $46M to 25 banks
- 23.08.2016Number of borrowers decline in Nakhchivan
- 23.08.2016Nakhchivan sees decline in insurance premiums
- 22.08.2016Central Bank: Rumours on devaluation are groundless
- 22.08.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 30M at auction
- 22.08.2016Financial Markets Supervisory Authority announces reasons for increase of demand for dollar
- 22.08.2016Next auction announced for privatization of state property
- 22.08.2016Fed close to hitting job and inflation targets: Fischer
- 22.08.2016Depositors of Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank to start receiving compensation from today
- 22.08.2016Compensation is completely paid to depositors at a time - ADIF
- 20.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 56M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 19.08.2016Muganbank ends Q2 on profit
- 19.08.2016ADIF addresses to Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank’s depositors
- 19.08.2016National Bank of Georgia appoints temporary administration in Caucasus Development Bank-Georgia
- 19.08.2016Georgia reduces product export to Azeraijan
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijan Central Bank to hold deposit auction
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 18.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 45M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 18.08.2016SOFAZ sells $50M to 29 banks
- 18.08.2016Ministry of Taxes: Calculation of VAT from trade mark-up should result in reduction of prices
- 18.08.2016AtaBank earns AZN 10M in H1
- 17.08.2016USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan reduces excise tax and customs duty on imported gasoline
- 17.08.2016Insurance event happened in Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank - ADIF
- 17.08.2016Two banks declared bankrupt
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan puts up helicopters for auction
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan foreign trade operations exceed $9B
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan sees over 30% rise in budget transfers from customs authorities
- 16.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 42M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 16.08.2016SOFAZ sells $50M to 27 banks
- 20.05.2014Budget organizations’ debts for utility and communication services make AZN 8 mln
- 21.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 21.05.2014Meeting of Azerbaijan-Switzerland Joint Commission to be held
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 19.05.2014Malena Mard: “The EU and Azerbaijan are being negotiating on the association agreement”
- 19.05.2014Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital