Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
State Customs Committee has today started a seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow.
Chairman of State Customs Committee Safar Mehdiyev said that the seminar will contribute to closely follow works done by customs service, customs-media relations.
He spoke about role of customs service in economic development and fiscal policy. Mehdiyev mentioned Heydar Aliyev’s role in establishment of customs services. According to him, current president Ilham Aliyev plays indispensable role in development of customs services.
Mehdiyev noted that working principle of the State Customs Committee bases on open and transparent cooperation with media: ‘I believe that this seminar will held journalists improve their knowledge about customs service’.
Chairman of the Press Council, MP Aflatun Amashov said that this seminar is very significant for both sides: ‘This will support solution of specialization - the main problem of journalism’.
President of APA Holding Vusala Mahirgizi thanked organizers for this seminar. According to her, firstly, journalists must have information about awareness-raising activities in any field: ‘It’s needed to say openly that media has so far made mistakes on specification of both legislation and different issues in customs field. This is mainly caused by absence of specialization. Journalists must, at least, have initial knowledge on this field. I believe that this seminar will continue in the future and lead to giving initial information about problems in customs legislation, customs’.
She noted that media can see problems in several issues but is not aware of reasons of these problems: ‘This is arisen from unawareness about the process. Therefore it gets non-objective results. I support this initiative’.
V. Mahirgizi said that Safar Mehdiyev is more open to media and press service of the Customs Committee operates better.
APA Holding president offered to promote customs operations via media: ‘Exemplary customs officer should be promoted. At the same time, customs duties should promoted via media. Companies avoiding customs duties should be announced via media’.
Mahirgizi noted she is ready to support State Customs Committee in all fields.
Director General of Trend information agency Arzu Naghiyev highly appreciated SCC’s activity in import and export. He wished successes to the seminar.
The seminar will last two days.
- 20.06.2018SGC increases assets by 35% in 2017
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 20.06.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 20.06.2018“AzerTelecom” expanding its infrastructure in Baku and regions
- 20.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 20.06.2018S&P Global: Insurance sector depends on banking sector in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan to create temporary administration in insurance sector
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 12.06.2018SOFAZ’s budget transfers increased by 19%
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan increases forecast on SCC’s budget transfers by 30%
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s external public debt for four months announced
- 12.06.2018Forecast on budget transfers through Ministry of Taxes increased by 6%
- 12.06.2018Base oil price in 2018 state budget to be increased
- 12.06.2018Revenues and expenditures of 2018 state budget to be increased
- 12.06.2018Draft law on amendments to 2018 state budget submitted to parliament
- 12.06.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 11.06.2018Bakcell supports events organized by British Embassy
- 11.06.2018SOCAR’s new building opened in Istanbul
- 11.06.2018Ata Holding sees decline in assets
- 11.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 11.06.2018Average monthly salary of workers in economy reaches AZN 539
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced