Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 24.10.2017Dollar hits three-month peak vs. yen after Abe party's win
- 23.10.2017Xalg Insurance sees 2% decline in assets
- 23.10.2017Muganbank concludes nine months with loss
- 23.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 23.10.2017PASHA Bank Georgia concludes nine months with profit
- 23.10.2017Date of Iranian minister’s visit to Azerbaijan changed
- 23.10.2017BakuBus concludes 2016 with loss
- 20.10.2017Silk Way Insurance concludes nine months with profit
- 20.10.2017Baku branch of National Bank of Pakistan concludes quarter with loss
- 20.10.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan increases deposit portfolio
- 20.10.2017AZN 442M to be paid to IBA creditors next year
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan to allocate AZN 250M for social mortgage from 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $2B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases expenditures on law-enforcement agencies, prosecutor’s office, defence and judiciary in 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Economic growth in Azerbaijan to make up 1.5% next year
- 20.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 2B to state budget this year
- 20.10.2017Base oil price in state budget makes up $45
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan offers Arab countries to create joint investment funds
- 20.10.2017SOFAZ assets exceed $36B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases upper limit of SOFAZ transfers to state budget
- 20.10.2017Parameters of 2018 state budget announced
- 19.10.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 100M
- 19.10.2017Bank Silk Way concludes three quarters with profit
- 19.10.2017WB forecasts economic growth in Azerbaijan for next two years
- 19.10.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $500M
- 19.10.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to parliament
- 19.10.2017Central Bank transfers AZN 250M to state budget
- 19.10.2017AZN 784M budget deficit emerged in nine months
- 18.10.2017AMF issues AZN 25M bond
- 18.10.2017Extra-budgetary fund of tax authorities receive AZN 62M this year
- 18.10.2017AFB Bank’s special reserves make up AZN 25M
- 18.10.2017FIMSA comments on consolidation of Rabitabank and Bank Respublika
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan – third biggest investor of Turkey
- 17.10.2017Over AZN 6 billion liquid funds emerged in banking sector - ABA
- 17.10.2017Association: We think all banks should keep operating
- 17.10.2017AZN 41,250 paid in compensation to those suffered by accident resulted in killing of six students
- 17.10.2017Xalg Bank sees 14% decline in personal savings
- 16.10.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia this year make up AZN 11.3M
- 16.10.2017Gunay Bank’s debt to Central Bank declines
- 16.10.2017Caspian European Club to hold business forum with head of SCC
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export