Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Euro rallies, weak dollar lifts oil; stocks slip
- 27.06.2017Google fined record €2.4bn by EU over search engine results
- 24.06.2017Seven more bank branches and department to work on enhanced mode
- 24.06.2017Stocks advance as dollar weakness lifts oil
- 23.06.2017Bank of Baku increases authorized capital AZN 91M
- 23.06.2017Sixty bank branches and department to work on enhanced mode
- 23.06.2017State Customs Committee tightens control on exporters
- 23.06.2017Yearly budget transfers from advertising may rise 10-fold - EXCLUSIVE
- 22.06.2017Main directions of 2017 state budget revenues announced
- 22.06.2017Reasons for revising 2017 state budget announced
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues and expenditures of 2017 state budget
- 22.06.2017Chamber of Accounts gives opinion on draft law on amendments to state budget
- 22.06.2017IBA transfers $50M to Kazakh Pension Fund
- 22.06.2017Central bank may reduce discount rate at next meeting
- 22.06.2017Central bank: Macroeconomic policy stabilizing manat won’t change by year-end
- 22.06.2017Central bank reduces discount rate to 10%
- 21.06.2017Muganbank’s ratings may become worse
- 21.06.2017S&P: Muganbank will end 2017 on loss
- 21.06.2017S&P: Troubled loans in Muganbank to rise to 20%
- 21.06.2017S&P downgrades Muganbank’s rating to CCC+/C
- 21.06.2017ABA: Ten banks faced capital deficiency
- 21.06.2017ABA: Seasonal factors have no systematic impact on manat
- 21.06.2017Discount rate may be reduced down to 12% is real - ABA
- 21.06.2017ABA: Consolidation in banking sector is inevitable
- 21.06.2017IBA head announces expectations on restructuring plan
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan establishes State Advertising Agency
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan’s 2017 budget to be revised
- 20.06.2017June’s pensions to be paid by Eid Al-Fitr - minister
- 20.06.2017Fed's Evans says worth waiting until year-end to assess next rate hike
- 20.06.2017International Bank of Azerbaijan changes plan on restructuring of obligations
- 19.06.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists one person
- 19.06.2017Catering turnover rises 2% in Azerbaijan in 2015
- 19.06.2017ADIF pays over AZN 734M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan sees 1.5% rise in consumption market
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani customs prevents 7kg of gold bullions smuggling
- 19.06.2017Central Bank announces results of today’s auction
- 16.06.2017Investments in fixed capital from foreign companies make up AZN 3.5B
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.9% decline in economy
- 16.06.2017Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 16.06.2017Personal incomes rise 7% in Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export