Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 25.05.2017No reason for population to withdraw deposits from International Bank of Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 25.05.2017Moody’s announces conditions for restoration of Azerbaijan’s economy
- 25.05.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan spends funds equal to 18% of its GDP to support banking sector
- 24.05.2017Fitch Ratings downgrades IBA to Restricted Default
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 24.05.2017IBA ratings may be revised
- 23.05.2017Samir Sharifov: "Azerbaijan's IBA will be privatised but not before 2018"
- 23.05.2017SCC chairman: Israeli citizen confesses to hiding large amount of currency from control - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017IBA starts talks with foreign creditors in London
- 23.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 23.05.2017Part of AZN 10B-bonds issued for IBA’s financial health unregistered
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.05.2017Bitcoin value reaches record level
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan’s currency reserves exceed international norms – central bank
- 18.05.2017AZN 664M transferred through Azer Turk Bank this year
- 17.05.2017IBA-Georgia ends Q1 on profit
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for incomes
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 17.05.2017Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 17.05.2017Annual inflation exceeds 13%
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export