Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export