Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2017Over AZN 954M invested in fixed capital in January
- 17.02.2017State budget executed with surplus in January
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 1% growth in economy
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $355M
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 70% rise in SCC budget transfers
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan reduces car import by 7%
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loss
- 16.02.2017Parameters of AMF bonds announced
- 16.02.2017Situation in partner counties affects money transfers – central bank
- 16.02.2017Strategic currency reserves exceed country’s external debt by 4.1 times – central bank
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 15.02.2017Money transfers from Georgia to Azerbaijan decline in January
- 15.02.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 200M
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan invests over $650M in Turkey in 2016
- 14.02.2017Average monthly salary increased 7% in 2016
- 14.02.2017SOFAZ releases revenue and expenditure statement for 2016
- 14.02.2017CB board three members’ terms of office end
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 1.3B to food in January
- 13.02.2017Annual inflation fluctuates around 12%
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 10.02.2017Manat savings increase in 2016
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees over 2% decline in troubled loans year-on-year
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks did not give mortgage loan through AMF in 2016
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 12% decline in external borrowing
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 10.02.2017National Bank of Pakistan ends 2016 on profit
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in compulsory insurance
- 10.02.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in premiums on real estate compulsory insurance
- 09.02.2017Azerbaijan exports products to 116 countries last year
- 09.02.2017Works on TANAP project will be completed on time - Azerbaijani president - UPDATED
- 09.02.2017SCC budget transfers rise 67% last year
- 09.02.2017Bank BTB gets rise in assets
- 09.02.2017AMF issues AZN 20M-bonds
- 09.02.2017Financial Monitoring Service removes one person from blacklist
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export