Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
"Azerbaijani people and leadership critically condemn the coup attempt in Turkey on July 15 and unconditionally support the government elected by the people of the fraternal country, Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said at the fifth Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia business forum held in Istanbul.
The minister noted that the high level cooperation among Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is based on stability: “Turkey today lives, develops and makes its neighbours happy. Political wills of heads of the states stand behind the cooperation. Fraternal and friendly relations improve our countries”.
Mustafayev noted that Azerbaijan is one the biggest investors of Turkish economy. He appreciated SOCAR’s role in this issue: “Only SOCAR’s investment in Turkey will reach $17 billion by 2020”.
Informing about the investments made by Turkey and Georgia in Azerbaijan, Mustafayev added that number of Turkish trucks heading to Middle Asia passing through Georgia and Azerbaijan increased last year.
The minister also mentioned Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project. According to him, the project will be completed by the year-end: “Kars railway will be reached up to Nakhchivan. Armenia was isolated from such projects. TANAP and other projects will be completed timely”.
The minister added that Azerbaijan invested $3.4 billion in Georgia’s economy. According to him, about 50 Azerbaijani businessmen are attending the forum: “Undoubtedly, this forum will contribute to development of our cooperation. Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev puts emphasis on this event”.
At the end of his speech, the minister said that the next forum will be held in Azerbaijan and invited the officials to attend the forum to be held in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s Central Bank to raise 250M manats at auction
- 12.01.2018Addresses where DemirBank's protected depositors will receive compensation announced
- 12.01.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.01.2018Fitch assigns Petkim 'B' IDR
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export