IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
Director of the IMF Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour said that as part of the trip they visited Icharishahar, adding that they were deeply impressed by the excellent preservation and the beauty of this historical heritage.
Praising the long-term cooperation between Azerbaijan and the IMF, the head of state underlined Azerbaijan's keenness to continue this cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the importance of reforms in the public administration system in Azerbaijan. He also noted the significance of purposeful measures to facilitate and further improve business environment and encourage investment making. The head of state highlighted modernization of the education system, work done to increase the educated and skilled staff potential in Azerbaijan, as well as reforms in the country's banking sector.
Describing 2017 as the year of financial stability, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that efficient measures are being taken to ensure economic growth in 2018.
Jihad Azour noted that the IMF laudes the reforms carried out in Azerbaijan under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. He emphasized the importance of steps taken by the government towards eliminating the impact of the global economic crisis on Azerbaijan's economy and stabilizing the macroeconomic situation due to sharp decline in oil prices.
IMF Director of the Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour hailed the importance of the strengthening of the manat and continuation of the budget consolidation process as well as structural reforms in the country's economy. Jahad Azour also noted the importance of diversifying the economy, developing the non-oil sector and preparing the country's economy for the post-oil era.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation between Azerbaijan and the International Monetary Fund.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Personal incomes rise more than 8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Average exchange rate of manat for December announced
- 17.01.2018Average monthly salary increases 6.2% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Central Bank comments on refusal of floating exchange rate regime
- 17.01.2018Turanbank ends 2017 on loss
- 17.01.2018Demirbank’s foreign stakeholder comments on its closure
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Corporation established
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations