IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
Director of the IMF Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour said that as part of the trip they visited Icharishahar, adding that they were deeply impressed by the excellent preservation and the beauty of this historical heritage.
Praising the long-term cooperation between Azerbaijan and the IMF, the head of state underlined Azerbaijan's keenness to continue this cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the importance of reforms in the public administration system in Azerbaijan. He also noted the significance of purposeful measures to facilitate and further improve business environment and encourage investment making. The head of state highlighted modernization of the education system, work done to increase the educated and skilled staff potential in Azerbaijan, as well as reforms in the country's banking sector.
Describing 2017 as the year of financial stability, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that efficient measures are being taken to ensure economic growth in 2018.
Jihad Azour noted that the IMF laudes the reforms carried out in Azerbaijan under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. He emphasized the importance of steps taken by the government towards eliminating the impact of the global economic crisis on Azerbaijan's economy and stabilizing the macroeconomic situation due to sharp decline in oil prices.
IMF Director of the Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour hailed the importance of the strengthening of the manat and continuation of the budget consolidation process as well as structural reforms in the country's economy. Jahad Azour also noted the importance of diversifying the economy, developing the non-oil sector and preparing the country's economy for the post-oil era.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation between Azerbaijan and the International Monetary Fund.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 12.07.2018London-Mumbai flight makes emergency landing in Baku
- 12.07.2018BSE turnover increases by 2.7-fold
- 12.07.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for June
- 11.07.2018Bank Melli Iran Baku sees decline in loan portfolio
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan exports products to 95 countries in five months
- 11.07.2018Average monthly salary in Azerbaijan increases by 4%
- 11.07.2018British law firm shuts down its Azerbaijan-based office
- 11.07.2018British company opens office in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2018One more NBCI declared bankrupt in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018NBC Bank gets 23% rise in liabilities
- 10.07.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 297M ion H1
- 09.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 07.07.2018Deputy chairmen of State Customs Committee changed
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijani President approves amendments to 2018 state budget
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations