IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
Director of the IMF Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour said that as part of the trip they visited Icharishahar, adding that they were deeply impressed by the excellent preservation and the beauty of this historical heritage.
Praising the long-term cooperation between Azerbaijan and the IMF, the head of state underlined Azerbaijan's keenness to continue this cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the importance of reforms in the public administration system in Azerbaijan. He also noted the significance of purposeful measures to facilitate and further improve business environment and encourage investment making. The head of state highlighted modernization of the education system, work done to increase the educated and skilled staff potential in Azerbaijan, as well as reforms in the country's banking sector.
Describing 2017 as the year of financial stability, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that efficient measures are being taken to ensure economic growth in 2018.
Jihad Azour noted that the IMF laudes the reforms carried out in Azerbaijan under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. He emphasized the importance of steps taken by the government towards eliminating the impact of the global economic crisis on Azerbaijan's economy and stabilizing the macroeconomic situation due to sharp decline in oil prices.
IMF Director of the Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour hailed the importance of the strengthening of the manat and continuation of the budget consolidation process as well as structural reforms in the country's economy. Jahad Azour also noted the importance of diversifying the economy, developing the non-oil sector and preparing the country's economy for the post-oil era.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation between Azerbaijan and the International Monetary Fund.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Elman Rustamov: Inflation is our key problem
- 22.11.2017CBA chairman: Money supply to increase by year-end
- 22.11.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 22.11.2017EBRD: Tight monetary policy should continue in Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2017New customs duties to be applied in Azerbaijan next year
- 21.11.2017Fitch upgrades the ratings of the International Bank of Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017UK trade mission to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017Elman Rustamov: Conformation of economy with current oil price completed
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan’s strategic currency reserves exceed $42B
- 21.11.2017CBA Chairman: exchange rate of manat stabilized
- 21.11.2017Janet Yellen submits resignation from Fed
- 20.11.2017IBA-Moscow – one of 10 most profitable banks in Russia
- 20.11.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $600M
- 20.11.2017AGBank’s mortgage portfolio exceeds AZN 56M
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments/premiums ratio
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums near AZN 463
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 723 million to payment of loan interests
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 14.2B on food this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia get 6.5% rise in trade turnover
- 16.11.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 9.5%
- 16.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.3B to state budget this year
- 16.11.2017AZN12.5B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 708M this year
- 16.11.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 593M
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.7% decline in economy
- 15.11.2017CBA: Global rise of some food products prevent reduction in inflation rate
- 15.11.2017New CEO of Caspian European Club announced
- 15.11.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan makes decision to keep other parameters of discount rate and interest corridor unchanged
- 14.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is inaccessible for many countries
- 14.11.2017President: No other country developed as rapidly as did Azerbaijan in terms of economic reforms in past 14 years
- 14.11.2017Russian government acquires about 100% of Bank VTB Azerbaijan’s shares
- 14.11.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 14.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.2B to state budget this year
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover increases 9-fold
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 86%
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations