IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
Director of the IMF Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour said that as part of the trip they visited Icharishahar, adding that they were deeply impressed by the excellent preservation and the beauty of this historical heritage.
Praising the long-term cooperation between Azerbaijan and the IMF, the head of state underlined Azerbaijan's keenness to continue this cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the importance of reforms in the public administration system in Azerbaijan. He also noted the significance of purposeful measures to facilitate and further improve business environment and encourage investment making. The head of state highlighted modernization of the education system, work done to increase the educated and skilled staff potential in Azerbaijan, as well as reforms in the country's banking sector.
Describing 2017 as the year of financial stability, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that efficient measures are being taken to ensure economic growth in 2018.
Jihad Azour noted that the IMF laudes the reforms carried out in Azerbaijan under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. He emphasized the importance of steps taken by the government towards eliminating the impact of the global economic crisis on Azerbaijan's economy and stabilizing the macroeconomic situation due to sharp decline in oil prices.
IMF Director of the Middle East and Central Asia Department Jihad Azour hailed the importance of the strengthening of the manat and continuation of the budget consolidation process as well as structural reforms in the country's economy. Jahad Azour also noted the importance of diversifying the economy, developing the non-oil sector and preparing the country's economy for the post-oil era.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation between Azerbaijan and the International Monetary Fund.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Minister: "IBA can be prepared for privatization"
- 19.09.2017Chamber of Accounts makes decision to send materials on University of Economy to General Prosecutor’s Office
- 19.09.2017Elman Rustamov: We see no risk for manat rate
- 19.09.2017WB: Azerbaijan is our loyal partner
- 19.09.2017CB chairman: Currency market balanced, manat stabilized
- 19.09.2017WB allocated $3.6B for more than 50 projects in Azerbaijan so far
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Credit activity in Azerbaijan still remains unrecovered
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Manat stability accompanied by decline in dollarization
- 18.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.09.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to government
- 15.09.2017Average monthly salary increases 7% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 539M
- 15.09.2017Average exchange rate of manat for August announced
- 15.09.2017GDP amounts to AZN 43.7M in Azerbaijan this year
- 15.09.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 11%
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 11B to food this year
- 15.09.2017AZN 10B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 15.09.2017EBRD may become shareholder of IBA
- 14.09.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017AmCham Azerbaijan welcomes initiative on monitoring of the Strategic Road Map
- 12.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 20%
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 64%
- 12.09.2017Deputy chairman of Central Bank resigns
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers collect AZN 323M this year
- 11.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 15%
- 11.09.2017PASHA Life’s premiums exceed AZN 100M
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani Central Bank attracts more than AZN 530M
- 08.09.2017Moody’s forecasts Azerbaijan’s budget to be executed wiht deficit during next two years
- 08.09.2017Moody's: Azerbaijan's credit profile reflects country's vulnerability to volatile oil prices
- 08.09.2017Troubled loans reach 14% in provision of crediting
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 38% growth in July’s mortgage lending
- 08.09.2017USD rate for September 11 announced
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 1% rise in external borrowing
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in deposits in foreign currency in July
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.09.2017BSE turnover doubles
- 08.09.2017Unicapital heads brokers ranking for August
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in provision of crediting
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations