Azerbaijani president: We are thinking of long-term sustainable development - UPDATED
Head of the state noted that the non-oil sector increased 2.5 percent as a result of policy pursued in recent years. He said that the industry section of the non-oil sector grew 3.1 percent, agriculture 2.8 percent, foreign trade turnover 7 percent. Aliyev stressed that currency reserves stood at $42 billion: “Our economic opportunities are one of the main conditions of the independency and we are thinking of long-term sustainable development. The currency reserves increased $4.5 billion and this is one of the successful issues of the nine months”.
President Aliyev also noted that 226,000 new jobs were launched in the reporting period. He underlined that infrastructure projects were implemented successfully and such projects contribute to general economic progress of our country: “New schools, medical centers were constructed and reconstructed. Solution of social issues of the IDPs has also been on the focus”.
The president said the restoration of Jojug Marjanli and creation of social infrastructure in the village was a historical event and IDPs will be provided with houses in 2017 and 2018.According to him, 250,000 IDPs have so far been provide with houses.
President Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan gained success in sports field and the Islamic Solidarity Games was organized at high level.
The head of state added that Azerbaijan strengthened its positions in the international arena, recognized as a reliable partner. According to him, he visited foreign countries 14 times and more than 10 heads of state and government visited Azerbaijan during the nine months and each of these visits is useful for Azerbaijan.
The head of state made an opening speech at the event.
Other speakers at the meeting included Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, chairman of Azeravtoyol OJSC Saleh Mammadov, Director General of Baku Transport Agency Vusal Karimli.
The head of state made a closing speech at the meeting.
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 12.07.2018London-Mumbai flight makes emergency landing in Baku
- 12.07.2018BSE turnover increases by 2.7-fold
- 12.07.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for June
- 11.07.2018Bank Melli Iran Baku sees decline in loan portfolio
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan exports products to 95 countries in five months
- 11.07.2018Average monthly salary in Azerbaijan increases by 4%
- 11.07.2018British law firm shuts down its Azerbaijan-based office
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 7% decline in external borrowing in August
- 09.10.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 09.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 06.10.2017Bashak Inam insurance company’s license revoked
- 06.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 244M to state budget in September