Azerbaijani president: We are thinking of long-term sustainable development - UPDATED
Head of the state noted that the non-oil sector increased 2.5 percent as a result of policy pursued in recent years. He said that the industry section of the non-oil sector grew 3.1 percent, agriculture 2.8 percent, foreign trade turnover 7 percent. Aliyev stressed that currency reserves stood at $42 billion: “Our economic opportunities are one of the main conditions of the independency and we are thinking of long-term sustainable development. The currency reserves increased $4.5 billion and this is one of the successful issues of the nine months”.
President Aliyev also noted that 226,000 new jobs were launched in the reporting period. He underlined that infrastructure projects were implemented successfully and such projects contribute to general economic progress of our country: “New schools, medical centers were constructed and reconstructed. Solution of social issues of the IDPs has also been on the focus”.
The president said the restoration of Jojug Marjanli and creation of social infrastructure in the village was a historical event and IDPs will be provided with houses in 2017 and 2018.According to him, 250,000 IDPs have so far been provide with houses.
President Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan gained success in sports field and the Islamic Solidarity Games was organized at high level.
The head of state added that Azerbaijan strengthened its positions in the international arena, recognized as a reliable partner. According to him, he visited foreign countries 14 times and more than 10 heads of state and government visited Azerbaijan during the nine months and each of these visits is useful for Azerbaijan.
The head of state made an opening speech at the event.
Other speakers at the meeting included Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, chairman of Azeravtoyol OJSC Saleh Mammadov, Director General of Baku Transport Agency Vusal Karimli.
The head of state made a closing speech at the meeting.
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 7% decline in external borrowing in August
- 09.10.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 09.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 06.10.2017Bashak Inam insurance company’s license revoked
- 06.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 244M to state budget in September