Azerbaijani president: We are thinking of long-term sustainable development - UPDATED
Head of the state noted that the non-oil sector increased 2.5 percent as a result of policy pursued in recent years. He said that the industry section of the non-oil sector grew 3.1 percent, agriculture 2.8 percent, foreign trade turnover 7 percent. Aliyev stressed that currency reserves stood at $42 billion: “Our economic opportunities are one of the main conditions of the independency and we are thinking of long-term sustainable development. The currency reserves increased $4.5 billion and this is one of the successful issues of the nine months”.
President Aliyev also noted that 226,000 new jobs were launched in the reporting period. He underlined that infrastructure projects were implemented successfully and such projects contribute to general economic progress of our country: “New schools, medical centers were constructed and reconstructed. Solution of social issues of the IDPs has also been on the focus”.
The president said the restoration of Jojug Marjanli and creation of social infrastructure in the village was a historical event and IDPs will be provided with houses in 2017 and 2018.According to him, 250,000 IDPs have so far been provide with houses.
President Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan gained success in sports field and the Islamic Solidarity Games was organized at high level.
The head of state added that Azerbaijan strengthened its positions in the international arena, recognized as a reliable partner. According to him, he visited foreign countries 14 times and more than 10 heads of state and government visited Azerbaijan during the nine months and each of these visits is useful for Azerbaijan.
The head of state made an opening speech at the event.
Other speakers at the meeting included Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, chairman of Azeravtoyol OJSC Saleh Mammadov, Director General of Baku Transport Agency Vusal Karimli.
The head of state made a closing speech at the meeting.
- 24.10.2017Floating exchange rate regime might be extended up to 2021
- 24.10.2017Devaluation causes 33% decline in foreign currency loans
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan net financial assets increase by $7.2B
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan bans privatization of one more type of state property
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan never faced fines arisen from disagreements on large amount of investments - ministry
- 24.10.2017Bank Eurasia’s profit reaches AZN 11M
- 24.10.2017Deputy Minister: $233.5 billion invested in Azerbaijan’s economy since 1995
- 24.10.2017Dollar hits three-month peak vs. yen after Abe party's win
- 23.10.2017Xalg Insurance sees 2% decline in assets
- 23.10.2017Muganbank concludes nine months with loss
- 23.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 23.10.2017PASHA Bank Georgia concludes nine months with profit
- 23.10.2017Date of Iranian minister’s visit to Azerbaijan changed
- 23.10.2017BakuBus concludes 2016 with loss
- 20.10.2017Silk Way Insurance concludes nine months with profit
- 20.10.2017Baku branch of National Bank of Pakistan concludes quarter with loss
- 20.10.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan increases deposit portfolio
- 20.10.2017AZN 442M to be paid to IBA creditors next year
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan to allocate AZN 250M for social mortgage from 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $2B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases expenditures on law-enforcement agencies, prosecutor’s office, defence and judiciary in 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Economic growth in Azerbaijan to make up 1.5% next year
- 20.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 2B to state budget this year
- 20.10.2017Base oil price in state budget makes up $45
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan offers Arab countries to create joint investment funds
- 20.10.2017SOFAZ assets exceed $36B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases upper limit of SOFAZ transfers to state budget
- 20.10.2017Parameters of 2018 state budget announced
- 19.10.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 100M
- 19.10.2017Bank Silk Way concludes three quarters with profit
- 19.10.2017WB forecasts economic growth in Azerbaijan for next two years
- 19.10.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $500M
- 19.10.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to parliament
- 19.10.2017Central Bank transfers AZN 250M to state budget
- 19.10.2017AZN 784M budget deficit emerged in nine months
- 18.10.2017AMF issues AZN 25M bond
- 18.10.2017Extra-budgetary fund of tax authorities receive AZN 62M this year
- 18.10.2017AFB Bank’s special reserves make up AZN 25M
- 18.10.2017FIMSA comments on consolidation of Rabitabank and Bank Respublika
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan – third biggest investor of Turkey
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 7% decline in external borrowing in August
- 09.10.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 09.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 06.10.2017Bashak Inam insurance company’s license revoked
- 06.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 244M to state budget in September