Azerbaijani president: We are thinking of long-term sustainable development - UPDATED
Head of the state noted that the non-oil sector increased 2.5 percent as a result of policy pursued in recent years. He said that the industry section of the non-oil sector grew 3.1 percent, agriculture 2.8 percent, foreign trade turnover 7 percent. Aliyev stressed that currency reserves stood at $42 billion: “Our economic opportunities are one of the main conditions of the independency and we are thinking of long-term sustainable development. The currency reserves increased $4.5 billion and this is one of the successful issues of the nine months”.
President Aliyev also noted that 226,000 new jobs were launched in the reporting period. He underlined that infrastructure projects were implemented successfully and such projects contribute to general economic progress of our country: “New schools, medical centers were constructed and reconstructed. Solution of social issues of the IDPs has also been on the focus”.
The president said the restoration of Jojug Marjanli and creation of social infrastructure in the village was a historical event and IDPs will be provided with houses in 2017 and 2018.According to him, 250,000 IDPs have so far been provide with houses.
President Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan gained success in sports field and the Islamic Solidarity Games was organized at high level.
The head of state added that Azerbaijan strengthened its positions in the international arena, recognized as a reliable partner. According to him, he visited foreign countries 14 times and more than 10 heads of state and government visited Azerbaijan during the nine months and each of these visits is useful for Azerbaijan.
The head of state made an opening speech at the event.
Other speakers at the meeting included Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, chairman of Azeravtoyol OJSC Saleh Mammadov, Director General of Baku Transport Agency Vusal Karimli.
The head of state made a closing speech at the meeting.
- 18.01.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 18.01.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.01.2018Personal incomes rise more than 8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Average exchange rate of manat for December announced
- 17.01.2018Average monthly salary increases 6.2% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Central Bank comments on refusal of floating exchange rate regime
- 17.01.2018Turanbank ends 2017 on loss
- 17.01.2018Demirbank’s foreign stakeholder comments on its closure
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Corporation established
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 7% decline in external borrowing in August
- 09.10.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 09.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 06.10.2017Bashak Inam insurance company’s license revoked
- 06.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 244M to state budget in September