‘Positive economic trends having effect on baking sector’ - FMSA
"The crisis that has been going on all over the world since 2014 has affected Azerbaijan's economy in some ways,” Financial Markets Supervisory Authority official Taleh Nehmatov said at the 2nd Financial and Investment Forum (FIF2018) on Saturday, APA-Economics reported.
According to him, in spite of the external economic impacts, Azerbaijan has managed to restore its economic development in 2017.
"12 percent inflation in Azerbaijan has already dropped to 4 percent. The non-oil GDP made up 2.9 percent. Positive trends in the economy are having an effect on the banking sector as well," he said.
He noted that positive trends are already being observed in the banking sector.
“Banks constitute 97% of the financial sector and the insurance sector represents 2.7%. The growth rate has been regained. There is some increase in fees and commitments as well. However, there is still some delay in the field of lending. The highly liquid assets in the sector amounted to 6.1 billion, current liabilities to 10.6 billion, and savings portfolio to 7.5 billion manats. The total capital was 3.2 billion dollars,” he said.
Nehmatov underlined that capital adequacy in the banking sector amounted to 19 percent last year.
"There is a positive tendency in the loans issued. In 2017, 5 billion manat loans were issued. 64 percent of this amount was issued for real business purposes,” he said.
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 12.07.2018London-Mumbai flight makes emergency landing in Baku
- 12.07.2018BSE turnover increases by 2.7-fold
- 12.07.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for June
- 11.07.2018Bank Melli Iran Baku sees decline in loan portfolio
- 07.05.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 07.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 07.05.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 05.05.2018Ministry of Taxes: 2018 will be a year of transition for entrepreneurs
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply in March