‘Positive economic trends having effect on baking sector’ - FMSA
"The crisis that has been going on all over the world since 2014 has affected Azerbaijan's economy in some ways,” Financial Markets Supervisory Authority official Taleh Nehmatov said at the 2nd Financial and Investment Forum (FIF2018) on Saturday, APA-Economics reported.
According to him, in spite of the external economic impacts, Azerbaijan has managed to restore its economic development in 2017.
"12 percent inflation in Azerbaijan has already dropped to 4 percent. The non-oil GDP made up 2.9 percent. Positive trends in the economy are having an effect on the banking sector as well," he said.
He noted that positive trends are already being observed in the banking sector.
“Banks constitute 97% of the financial sector and the insurance sector represents 2.7%. The growth rate has been regained. There is some increase in fees and commitments as well. However, there is still some delay in the field of lending. The highly liquid assets in the sector amounted to 6.1 billion, current liabilities to 10.6 billion, and savings portfolio to 7.5 billion manats. The total capital was 3.2 billion dollars,” he said.
Nehmatov underlined that capital adequacy in the banking sector amounted to 19 percent last year.
"There is a positive tendency in the loans issued. In 2017, 5 billion manat loans were issued. 64 percent of this amount was issued for real business purposes,” he said.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 301M
- 18.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 18.05.2018Most popular Bakcell tariff “Ela” becomes unlimited
- 18.05.2018Report of Chamber of Accounts on 2017 submitted to parliament
- 17.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.05.2018Ministry of Taxes combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law - INTERVIEW
- 17.05.2018BP announces volume of oil and gas transported via Sangachal terminal
- 17.05.2018Alim Guliyev: Central Bank is comprehensively researching risks on cryptocurrencies
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan AR
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.2% growth in economy
- 16.05.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.2% in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan-based financial organizations’ loan portfolio in national currency exceeds AZN 11.6B
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 281M in two months
- 16.05.2018Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 16.05.2018State budget executed with deficit of AZN 654M
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import by 2.7-fold
- 16.05.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 15.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.05.2018Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund issues AZN 20M bond
- 15.05.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan announced
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in Q1 makes up $2.5B
- 15.05.2018Salary of workers in economy increases by 3.5%
- 15.05.2018AZN 4.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in four months of 2018
- 15.05.2018ADB: Azerbaijan gets 17% rise in export last year
- 14.05.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for April
- 14.05.2018BSE turnover triples
- 14.05.2018AzSigorta ends 1Q18 on profit
- 14.05.2018IMF: High public investment contributed to growth momentum in Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Financial problems revealed in Azerbaijan’s embassies in Georgia, Morocco and Kazakhstan
- 11.05.2018IBA-Moscow to stop money transfer service via IBA-Express
- 11.05.2018IBA makes changes in Supervisory Board
- 11.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 11.05.2018® Nar makes WhatsApp free
- 02.03.2017AMF's mortgage portfolio could grow 30%-40% in 2017 - Fitch
- 02.03.2017SOFAZ invested $6.5 billion in US economy
- 02.03.2017Financial Markets Supervisory Authority blacklists 4 persons
- 01.03.2017CB currency reserves rise 8.5%
- 01.03.2017Kapital Bank becomes member of American Bankers Association
- 28.02.2017Tax return and statement forms intended for SMEs to be simplified – minister