Partial recovery of financial intermediation of banks observed in recent months - Executive Director
Caspian European Club has held the 12th CEO Lunch Baku in Baku today.
Executive Director of the Azerbaijan Financial Market Supervisory Authority Ibrahim Alishov has attended CEO Lunch as an honorary guest.
Addressing the event, Ibrahim Alishov noted a positive impact of reforms implemented in the country both on the economy and the banking sector. According to him, a partial recovery of the financial intermediation of the banks has been observed in recent months. “Apart from this, creation and the launch of the first private credit bureau and the procedure of granting credit guarantees, as well as completion of work on creation of the register for movable assets will substantially increase the access of business to financial services”, Ibrahim Alishov said.
He also added that the increase of the private deposits is a positive trend, which indicates the trust in the banking sector. “Thus, the private deposits made through 2017 increased by 1.5% (110 mln AZN) and exceeded 7.5 bln AZN. A stable rate of the national currency maintained over the past year drove the dedollarization of deposits (compared with the beginning of 2017, the dollarization of deposits fell from 80% down to 66%)”, Ibrahim Alishov concluded.
Addressing the CEO Lunch Baku event, First Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Caspian European Club Telman Aliyev thanked Ibrahim Alishov for his participation, as well as for attention to the proposals and requests spoken out by the members of the Caspian European Club during the event. According to Telman Aliyev, during CEO Lunch Baku the companies received answers to the questions they were interested in, and discussed the ways of cooperation in this area.
Telman Aliyev invited all the attendees of the CEO Lunch to take part in the 5th International Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi to be held with the support of the Government of Georgia and the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan on April 18, 2018. Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Kvirikashvili and all members of the Government of Georgia representing the economic bloc are expected to attend the opening ceremony of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi. The Forum organiser is the Georgian company Caspian Energy Georgia.
Telman Aliyev recalled that the Caspian European Club, which brings together more than 5,000 member companies and organizations from 70 countries around the world, was established in June 2002 with the support of the largest oil and gas companies working in the Caspian-Black Sea region and with the active involvement of the Caspian Energy International Media Group. The Caspian American Club (established on 24 December 2016) and Caspian Asian Club (26 January 2018) will be managed by the Members of the Board of the Caspian European Club for 2 years. All companies that join the Caspian European Club as members get an automatic membership within the Caspian American Club, Caspian Asian Club and vice-versa.
His Excellency President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has been the Chairman of the Caspian European Club since the date of establishment.
Besides, each member of the Board of the Caspian European Club spoke about the current activity and further plans of the committees they head.
Addressing the event, Chairman of the ATIB Jamal Yangin, head of the German-Azerbaijan External Trade Chamber Tobias Bauman thanked the Caspian European Club for the invitation, and spoke about their activities.
About 150 representatives of companies and organisations attended the event.
Certificates were given to the companies which joined and extended their membership in the Caspian European Club.
CEO Lunch is one of the key tools for establishing a dialogue between the public and private sectors of the countries of the Caspian-Black Sea and Baltic regions. At the same time it creates additional opportunities to communicate in an informal setting and establish new business contacts.
During CEO Lunch Baku events attendees discuss problems facing entrepreneurs, issues concerning business doing in different regions of the country, and submit proposals on how to expand cooperation in different sectors of economy.
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan sets new budget rules on effective use of oil revenues
- 22.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 22.06.2018MPs criticize allocation of funds from state budget to SOCAR
- 22.06.2018Finance Minister announces factors necessitating revision of state budget
- 21.06.2018S&P affirms Muganbank’s rating
- 21.06.2018S&P upgrades ratings on Muganbank
- 20.06.2018SGC increases assets by 35% in 2017
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 20.06.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 20.06.2018“AzerTelecom” expanding its infrastructure in Baku and regions
- 20.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 20.06.2018S&P Global: Insurance sector depends on banking sector in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan to create temporary administration in insurance sector
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018Moody’s to hold annual summit in Azerbaijan in May
- 14.03.2018Adviser to minister: All taxpayers should operate transparently from January 1, 2019
- 13.03.2018FIMSA to conduct diagnostics of risks in banking sector - EXCLUSIVE