Over AZN 954M invested in fixed capital in January
In January 2017, AZN 954,200 was invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital from all financial sources, down 2.1% from previous year.
State Statistical Committee told APA-Economics that 89.3% or $851.8 million of these funds were spent to construction of production facilities, 7.7% or $73.9 million to construction of facilities on service areas, 3% or $28.5 million to construction of residential houses with the total area of 107,600 m².
Of this, 18% fell into share of state investors, 82% into share of non-state investors. 70.6% of investments went to construction works.
Share of investments from domestic sources made up 31.5% of total investments.
In the structure of investments in the fixed capital AZN 805.5 million made up investments of enterprises and organizations, AZN 78.6 million bank loans, AZN 33.2 million budget funds, AZN 8.4 million off-budget funds, AZN 28.1 million private funds, AZN 0.4 million other funds.
82.2% of total investments went to industry, 9.1% to construction, 4.1% to information and communication, 2.9% to transport and storehouses, 1% to agriculture, forestry and fishery, 0.3% to health, 0.1% to each of trade, state management and defence; social security, education and auxiliary services.
In January AZN 751.5 million was invested in oil sector, AZN 202.7 million in non-oil sector, of which AZN 32.4 million was used in non-oil industry.
AZN 654.1 million was invested by foreign enterprises and organizations in the fixed capital. Of this, AZN 638 million (97.5%) was invested by UK, Turkish, Malaysian, Swiss, Russian, Iranian, US, Norwegian and Japan investors.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan still biggest investor in Georgia
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see AZN 4.2B decline in provision of crediting
- 11.12.2017Banks’ liabilities to Central Bank decline
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net profit nears AZN 550M
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth makes up AZN 3.1B
- 08.12.2017Bitcoin tumbles after dramatic gains ahead of futures launch
- 08.12.2017Troubled loans reach AZN 1.9B
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in October’s mortgage lending
- 08.12.2017Personal savings increase
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 2.4-fold decline in external borrowing
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in provision of crediting
- 08.12.2017Customs duty of raw silk increased tenfold
- 08.12.2017SOFAZ: Despite quitting EITI, Azerbaijan remained loyal to its principles
- 07.12.2017Bitcoin breaks through the $16,000 mark
- 07.12.2017Tax burden is below 40 pct in Azerbaijan - review
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan’s new taxes minister Mikayil Jabbarov introduced to staff
- 06.12.2017Monetary base increases
- 06.12.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 06.12.2017ADB allocates $250M to Azerbaijani government
- 06.12.2017Georgia reduces fuel import from Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 215M to state budget this year
- 06.12.2017Bitcoin extends gains, rises above $12,000 to record high
- 05.12.2017Import of newsprint exempted from customs duty
- 05.12.2017ADB allocates $400 million for Azerbaijan Railways
- 05.12.2017AMF to hold placement of next bond issue on December 8
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 04.12.2017AZN 11.3B directed to socio-economic development of Baku this year
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts 2018 state budget
- 01.12.2017SOFAZ’s expenditures decline, revnues increase
- 01.12.2017Level of need criteria for 2018 reached AZN 130 upon president’s order
- 01.12.2017Interest in real estate compulsory insurance declines
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 20.02.2017Demirbank ends 2016 on loss
- 17.02.2017State budget executed with surplus in January
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 1% growth in economy
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes