Unibank ceases cooperation with Moody’s - UPDATED
Bank says the credit rating is required during attraction of funds from foreign markets: “There is no need for expensive ratings due to possibility of attraction of cheaper and more sufficient funds from domestic market than foreign markets. Therefore, the cooperation with Moody’s was ceased. If we attract funds from foreign markets, we’ll reconsider the cooperation. We paid much to Moody’s for rating. As there was no need for rating and we took into account the optimizing of the expenditures, we ceased the cooperation”.
Moody's Investors Service has today withdrawn UniBank Commercial Bank's ratings, including long-term local and foreign-currency deposit rating of B3 and short-term local and foreign-currency ratings of Not-Prime.
Moody's has also withdrawn bank's baseline credit assessment (BCA) and adjusted BCA of b3 and counterparty risk assessments of B2(cr)/Not-Prime(cr). Before the withdrawal, the outlook on the bank's long-term deposit ratings was negative.
Moody's has withdrawn the ratings because it believes it has insufficient or otherwise inadequate information to support the maintenance of the ratings. Please refer to the Moody's Investors Service's Policy for Withdrawal of Credit Ratings, available on its website, www.moodys.com.
Headquartered in Baku, Azerbaijan, UniBank Commercial Bank reported total assets of AZN 727.6 million as of 1 October 2016, according to local financials.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2017IBA's restructuring plan expected to be approved, says Moody's
- 26.05.2017USD rate for May 29 announced
- 26.05.2017Moody’s downgrades one more rating of IBA
- 26.05.2017Central Bank attracts more than AZN 649M
- 26.05.2017ADIF pays over AZN 733M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.05.2017Fitch: It is not clear that planned restructuring would remove need for support for IBA.
- 25.05.2017Aydin Aliyev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 25.05.2017No reason for population to withdraw deposits from International Bank of Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 25.05.2017Moody’s announces conditions for restoration of Azerbaijan’s economy
- 25.05.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan spends funds equal to 18% of its GDP to support banking sector
- 24.05.2017Fitch Ratings downgrades IBA to Restricted Default
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 24.05.2017IBA ratings may be revised
- 23.05.2017Samir Sharifov: "Azerbaijan's IBA will be privatised but not before 2018"
- 23.05.2017SCC chairman: Israeli citizen confesses to hiding large amount of currency from control - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017IBA starts talks with foreign creditors in London
- 23.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 23.05.2017Part of AZN 10B-bonds issued for IBA’s financial health unregistered
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.05.2017Bitcoin value reaches record level
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 07.02.2017Moody's downgrades IBA’s deposit ratings
- 07.02.2017ADIF pays over AZN 724M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 07.02.2017IBA to transfer bad assets of AZN 6B to Agrarcredit in Q1
- 06.02.2017CDB Bank ends 2016 on profit
- 04.02.2017Azerbaijan prevents smuggling of large number of cigarettes
- 03.02.2017Azerbaijani banking sector ends 2016 on loss