Minister: Non-oil sector grew 2.5%
Azerbaijan takes significant steps to deepen the economic reforms, Ziyad Samadzade, Chairman of Economic Policy, Industry and Entrepreneurship Committee of the parliament said during discussion of the budget package for 2018.
According to him, execution of the draft state budget for 2018 is of great importance because the next year is the 100th anniversary of state independency.
Thereafter, Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov noted that macroeconomic forecasts and global economic processes in 2018-2021 have been taken into consideration during preparation of draft state budget for 2018.
“Compared to previous year, the rate of economic lag declined from 3.9 percentage point to 0.6 percentage point. As a result of purposeful policy, non-oil sector grew 2.5%. Moreover, positive balance of $4.4 billion emerged on trade turnover. At the same time, deficit of consolidated budget reduced by 12 percentage point. Thus, surplus of 1.2% emerged instead of forecasted 11.3%-deficit. This was caused by financial support to development of non-oil sector and economically use of currency reserves, increase of currency flow to the country and other fiscal and monetary measures”, the minister said.
According to him, the state budget revenues will make up AZN 20.127 billion, expenditures AZN 20,905,700,000. So, the budget deficit is forecasted to be AZN 778.7 million.
Centralized revenues will be AZN 19,476,329,000, local revenues AZN 650.671 million, centralized expenditures AZN 20,181,608,000 and local expenditures AZN 724.092 million.
Revenues of consolidated budget for 2018 are forecasted to be AZN 23,223,200,000 (up AZN 246 million or 1.1% from previous year), expenditures AZN 26,674,100,000 (down AZN 3,895,400,000 or 12.7% by contrast to a year earlier). Deficit will make up AZN 3,450,900,000 (down AZN 4,141,400,000 or 54.5% from 2017) or 5% of GDP.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 14.03.2018Partial recovery of financial intermediation of banks observed in recent months - Executive Director
- 14.03.2018Moody’s to hold annual summit in Azerbaijan in May
- 14.03.2018Adviser to minister: All taxpayers should operate transparently from January 1, 2019
- 13.03.2018FIMSA to conduct diagnostics of risks in banking sector - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan to create control group on systematically important banks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Moody’s downgrades rating of Yapı Kredi Bankası
- 13.03.2018Moody’s downgrades rating of main shareholder of Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 12.03.2018Gilan Holding receives “Most active employer” award
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan’s trade surplus increases by over 11%
- 09.03.2018Over 743 mln debt written off for 75,000 taxpayers in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani State Customs Committee ups budget transfers
- 07.11.2017Deputy Minister: Positive balance on BoP to make up $1.4B next year
- 07.11.2017More than 70% of expenditures on public debt for 2018 related to IBA
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan to attract AZN 1.4B from foreign financial organizations next year
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 07.11.2017Customs duty on imported butter decreased by 3 times