Minister: Non-oil sector grew 2.5%
Azerbaijan takes significant steps to deepen the economic reforms, Ziyad Samadzade, Chairman of Economic Policy, Industry and Entrepreneurship Committee of the parliament said during discussion of the budget package for 2018.
According to him, execution of the draft state budget for 2018 is of great importance because the next year is the 100th anniversary of state independency.
Thereafter, Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov noted that macroeconomic forecasts and global economic processes in 2018-2021 have been taken into consideration during preparation of draft state budget for 2018.
“Compared to previous year, the rate of economic lag declined from 3.9 percentage point to 0.6 percentage point. As a result of purposeful policy, non-oil sector grew 2.5%. Moreover, positive balance of $4.4 billion emerged on trade turnover. At the same time, deficit of consolidated budget reduced by 12 percentage point. Thus, surplus of 1.2% emerged instead of forecasted 11.3%-deficit. This was caused by financial support to development of non-oil sector and economically use of currency reserves, increase of currency flow to the country and other fiscal and monetary measures”, the minister said.
According to him, the state budget revenues will make up AZN 20.127 billion, expenditures AZN 20,905,700,000. So, the budget deficit is forecasted to be AZN 778.7 million.
Centralized revenues will be AZN 19,476,329,000, local revenues AZN 650.671 million, centralized expenditures AZN 20,181,608,000 and local expenditures AZN 724.092 million.
Revenues of consolidated budget for 2018 are forecasted to be AZN 23,223,200,000 (up AZN 246 million or 1.1% from previous year), expenditures AZN 26,674,100,000 (down AZN 3,895,400,000 or 12.7% by contrast to a year earlier). Deficit will make up AZN 3,450,900,000 (down AZN 4,141,400,000 or 54.5% from 2017) or 5% of GDP.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments/premiums ratio
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums near AZN 463
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 723 million to payment of loan interests
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 14.2B on food this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia get 6.5% rise in trade turnover
- 16.11.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 9.5%
- 16.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.3B to state budget this year
- 16.11.2017AZN12.5B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 708M this year
- 16.11.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 593M
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.7% decline in economy
- 15.11.2017CBA: Global rise of some food products prevent reduction in inflation rate
- 15.11.2017New CEO of Caspian European Club announced
- 15.11.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan makes decision to keep other parameters of discount rate and interest corridor unchanged
- 14.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is inaccessible for many countries
- 14.11.2017President: No other country developed as rapidly as did Azerbaijan in terms of economic reforms in past 14 years
- 14.11.2017Russian government acquires about 100% of Bank VTB Azerbaijan’s shares
- 14.11.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 14.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.2B to state budget this year
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover increases 9-fold
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 86%
- 14.11.2017BSE turnover doubles
- 13.11.2017Drafts of budgets for 2018 recommended to plenary meeting of parliament
- 13.11.2017State budget for 2018 drawn up in three scenarios
- 13.11.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.1% last month
- 10.11.2017Bitcoin slides by over $1,000 in less than 48 hours
- 10.11.2017PASHA Bank Georgia sees 10% decline in assets
- 10.11.2017IBA-Georgia’s assets decline by 23%
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 13% decline in September’s mortgage lending
- 08.11.2017Personal savings increase by 3.3% in September
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 08.11.2017Most parliamentary committees recommend budget package for discussion at plenary meeting
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary committees continue discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017Dollarization level of individuals falls to 72%
- 07.11.2017Deputy Minister: Positive balance on BoP to make up $1.4B next year
- 07.11.2017More than 70% of expenditures on public debt for 2018 related to IBA
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan to attract AZN 1.4B from foreign financial organizations next year
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 07.11.2017Customs duty on imported butter decreased by 3 times