Istanbul hosts World Halal Summit
Today, the World Halal Summit has kicked off in Istanbul.
The summit kicked off with a recitation of verses from the Holy Koran.
Later on, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s letter was read.
The letter says,
‘Halal has already become a living style around the world. New technologies are important for extension of geography of the halal trading. This is a significant issue for Turkey. I’m sure that these issues will be comprehensively discussed at today’s summit. I sincerely greet you and wish the event a great success’.
Thereafter, Yunus Ete, the chairman of the World Halal Summit Council, said that the world halal sector is approaching $4 trillion with $2 trillion in Islamic finance products, $1 trillion in halal food, $250 billion in halal tourism, and the rest in instruments such as halal medicine, halal cosmetics and halal textile.
According to him, Turkey’s share in Islamic finance is $55 billion: ‘85% of halal market constituted from non-Islamic countries’.
It was noted that Halal food market of Turkey amounts to $5 billion, which doubles per year. By the end of this year, the halal food market of Turkey is expected to reach $30 billion.
- 20.02.2018More than 70% of all transactions at AccessBank go online - INTERVIEW
- 20.02.2018BSE turnover increases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 20.02.2018Deputy Minister: Debts on mandatory state social insurance as of January 1, 2018 exceed AZN 364M
- 20.02.2018Mandatory state social insurance amnesty expected in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 19.02.2018Gala Insurance increases premiums by 27%
- 19.02.2018Petkim doubles profit
- 19.02.2018PASHA Yatirim Bankasi issues TRY 32.5M bonds
- 19.02.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $91M in January
- 19.02.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.02.2018Yapi Kredi Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee increases budget transfers
- 16.02.2018USD rate for Feb.19 announced
- 16.02.2018Credit institutions issues AZN 1.3B-shares last year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 715M to state budget this year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 77.6B to state budget during 15 years - ANALYSIS
- 16.02.2018Personal incomes rise by 12% in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Average exchange rate of manat for January announced
- 15.02.2018Economic growth in Azerbaijan makes up 2% in January
- 15.02.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 977M in January
- 15.02.2018Baku hosts next meeting of Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
- 15.02.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.02.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan Credit Bureau’s authorized capital announced
- 14.02.2018State program on improvement of official statistics in 2018-2025 approved
- 14.02.2018Fitch forecasts increase in economic growth rate in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Fitch: Exchange rate of dollar in Azerbaijan to make up AZN 1.73 this year
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s external public debt announced
- 14.02.2018Finance Ministry announces details of new budget rules
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan spends AZN 3.4B on pensions and benefits last year
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 1.3B on food in January
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in 2017 makes up $24B
- 14.02.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector increase by 68%
- 13.02.2018Minister: We are aware of tax avoidance cases by foreign companies
- 13.02.2018Ministry of Taxes to pursue stimulating tax policy
- 13.02.2018Minister: Measures will be taken against tax officials about whom complaints have been filed
- 13.02.2018Khalid Ahadov: IBA’s restructuring plan is 90% completed - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Germany's Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations
- 13.02.2018Pasha Yatirim Bankasi to increase assets to TRY 1.8B
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan announces new customs duties for import of wheat, rice and corn
- 23.11.2017Subsistence minimum to be increased by 11%
- 27.11.2017AccessBank starts “Thoroughly profitable” campaign
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament gives time to government to consider budget proposals
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing 2018 budget package
- 23.11.2017IBA to be put up for privatization in 2018