Istanbul hosts World Halal Summit
Today, the World Halal Summit has kicked off in Istanbul.
The summit kicked off with a recitation of verses from the Holy Koran.
Later on, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s letter was read.
The letter says,
‘Halal has already become a living style around the world. New technologies are important for extension of geography of the halal trading. This is a significant issue for Turkey. I’m sure that these issues will be comprehensively discussed at today’s summit. I sincerely greet you and wish the event a great success’.
Thereafter, Yunus Ete, the chairman of the World Halal Summit Council, said that the world halal sector is approaching $4 trillion with $2 trillion in Islamic finance products, $1 trillion in halal food, $250 billion in halal tourism, and the rest in instruments such as halal medicine, halal cosmetics and halal textile.
According to him, Turkey’s share in Islamic finance is $55 billion: ‘85% of halal market constituted from non-Islamic countries’.
It was noted that Halal food market of Turkey amounts to $5 billion, which doubles per year. By the end of this year, the halal food market of Turkey is expected to reach $30 billion.
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 301M
- 18.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 18.05.2018Most popular Bakcell tariff “Ela” becomes unlimited
- 18.05.2018Report of Chamber of Accounts on 2017 submitted to parliament
- 17.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.05.2018Ministry of Taxes combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law - INTERVIEW
- 17.05.2018BP announces volume of oil and gas transported via Sangachal terminal
- 17.05.2018Alim Guliyev: Central Bank is comprehensively researching risks on cryptocurrencies
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan AR
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.2% growth in economy
- 16.05.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.2% in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan-based financial organizations’ loan portfolio in national currency exceeds AZN 11.6B
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 281M in two months
- 16.05.2018Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 16.05.2018State budget executed with deficit of AZN 654M
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import by 2.7-fold
- 16.05.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 15.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.05.2018Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund issues AZN 20M bond
- 15.05.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan announced
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in Q1 makes up $2.5B
- 15.05.2018Salary of workers in economy increases by 3.5%
- 15.05.2018AZN 4.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in four months of 2018
- 15.05.2018ADB: Azerbaijan gets 17% rise in export last year
- 14.05.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for April
- 14.05.2018BSE turnover triples
- 14.05.2018AzSigorta ends 1Q18 on profit
- 14.05.2018IMF: High public investment contributed to growth momentum in Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Financial problems revealed in Azerbaijan’s embassies in Georgia, Morocco and Kazakhstan
- 11.05.2018IBA-Moscow to stop money transfer service via IBA-Express
- 11.05.2018IBA makes changes in Supervisory Board
- 11.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 11.05.2018® Nar makes WhatsApp free
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan announces new customs duties for import of wheat, rice and corn
- 23.11.2017Subsistence minimum to be increased by 11%
- 27.11.2017AccessBank starts “Thoroughly profitable” campaign
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament gives time to government to consider budget proposals
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing 2018 budget package
- 23.11.2017IBA to be put up for privatization in 2018