IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
The next general meeting of shareholders of the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) was held today.
Finance Minister Samir Sharifov chairing the meeting said that the Bank's recovery and restructuring program has practically completed.
The minister said that the Bank's financial results for 2017 are positive: ‘Undoubtedly, it was impossible to achieve these results without the state support. Bank’s obligations were transferred to the state. Interests of bank’s depositors, legal entities and non-residents were protected by the state. As a result, the credit ratings were upgraded’.
Several decisions were taken at the meeting regarding some changes in the management of the Bank, which had entered the new phase of its activity, and the composition of the Supervisory Board was reorganized. Executive Director of the State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan Shahmar Movsumov appointed as the Chairman of Supervisory Board, Deputy Finance Minister Emin Huseynov, Deputy Economy Minister Sahil Babayev and Chairman of the Board of the International Bank of Azerbaijan Khalid Ahadov were appointed as the new members of the Bank’s Supervisory Board.
Acting Chairman of the Bank's Management Board was entrusted to Abbas Ibrahimov, First Deputy Chairman of the Bank’s Managenment Board.
Moreover, relevant audit report issued by an external auditor of the International Bank of Azerbaijan was also approved at the general meeting of shareholders. At the same time, a decision was made to close a number of subsidiaries of the Bank.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 14.03.2018Partial recovery of financial intermediation of banks observed in recent months - Executive Director
- 14.03.2018Moody’s to hold annual summit in Azerbaijan in May
- 14.03.2018Adviser to minister: All taxpayers should operate transparently from January 1, 2019
- 13.03.2018FIMSA to conduct diagnostics of risks in banking sector - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan to create control group on systematically important banks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Moody’s downgrades rating of Yapı Kredi Bankası
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved