Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
Azerbaijan ranks 70th among the best countries in the world for business in 2018 determined by Forbes magazine.
APA-Economics reports that Azerbaijan had ranked 64th in the rating for 2017.
Forbes determined the best countries for business by rating 153 nations on 15 different factors: property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, infrastructure, market size, political risk, quality of life, workforce, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection. It was determined on the basis of information from organizations such as Freedom House, Heritage Foundation, Property Rights Alliance, United Nations, Transparency International, World Bank Group and World Economic Forum.
Georgia ranked 52nd, Turkey 56th, Russia 58th and Armenia 88th.
The United Kingdom gets the top rank this year. This country is followed by New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Denmark, Ireland, Singapore, and Switzerland.
Outsider is Chad.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s Central Bank to raise 250M manats at auction
- 12.01.2018Addresses where DemirBank's protected depositors will receive compensation announced
- 12.01.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.01.2018Fitch assigns Petkim 'B' IDR
- 22.12.2017Minister: Georgia restored Azerbaijan market for car export
- 22.12.2017DemirBank's license canceled
- 23.12.2017Demirbank: Insured deposits to be repaid by ADIF in a short-period
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA