Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
Azerbaijan ranks 70th among the best countries in the world for business in 2018 determined by Forbes magazine.
APA-Economics reports that Azerbaijan had ranked 64th in the rating for 2017.
Forbes determined the best countries for business by rating 153 nations on 15 different factors: property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, infrastructure, market size, political risk, quality of life, workforce, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection. It was determined on the basis of information from organizations such as Freedom House, Heritage Foundation, Property Rights Alliance, United Nations, Transparency International, World Bank Group and World Economic Forum.
Georgia ranked 52nd, Turkey 56th, Russia 58th and Armenia 88th.
The United Kingdom gets the top rank this year. This country is followed by New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Denmark, Ireland, Singapore, and Switzerland.
Outsider is Chad.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 22.12.2017Minister: Georgia restored Azerbaijan market for car export
- 22.12.2017DemirBank's license canceled
- 23.12.2017Demirbank: Insured deposits to be repaid by ADIF in a short-period
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA