Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
Azerbaijan ranks 70th among the best countries in the world for business in 2018 determined by Forbes magazine.
APA-Economics reports that Azerbaijan had ranked 64th in the rating for 2017.
Forbes determined the best countries for business by rating 153 nations on 15 different factors: property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, infrastructure, market size, political risk, quality of life, workforce, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection. It was determined on the basis of information from organizations such as Freedom House, Heritage Foundation, Property Rights Alliance, United Nations, Transparency International, World Bank Group and World Economic Forum.
Georgia ranked 52nd, Turkey 56th, Russia 58th and Armenia 88th.
The United Kingdom gets the top rank this year. This country is followed by New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Denmark, Ireland, Singapore, and Switzerland.
Outsider is Chad.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan sets new budget rules on effective use of oil revenues
- 22.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 22.06.2018MPs criticize allocation of funds from state budget to SOCAR
- 22.06.2018Finance Minister announces factors necessitating revision of state budget
- 21.06.2018S&P affirms Muganbank’s rating
- 21.06.2018S&P upgrades ratings on Muganbank
- 20.06.2018SGC increases assets by 35% in 2017
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 20.06.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 20.06.2018“AzerTelecom” expanding its infrastructure in Baku and regions
- 20.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 20.06.2018S&P Global: Insurance sector depends on banking sector in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan to create temporary administration in insurance sector
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced
- 22.12.2017Minister: Georgia restored Azerbaijan market for car export
- 22.12.2017DemirBank's license canceled
- 23.12.2017Demirbank: Insured deposits to be repaid by ADIF in a short-period
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA