Azerbaijani Finance Ministry issues Eurobonds within framework of restructuring of IBA
The Finance Ministry of Azerbaijan issued a series of Eurobonds on September 1 within the framework of the restructuring of external obligations of the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA), informs Sberbank CIB Investment Research, APA-Economics reported citing Interfax.
Eurobonds were issued in five tranches with a repayment in the amount of 170-180 million dollars each in 2017-2021. Besides, the Finance Ministry issued 12-year Eurobonds worth 300 million dollars and 15-year Eurobonds worth 1.1 billion dollars.
Earlier, the IBA was pleased to announce 1 September 2017 constitutes the Restructuring Date under the terms of the Restructuring Plan.
The Restructuring Plan was previously approved by an affirmative vote of holders of 93.9% of affected claims at the Claimant’s Meeting held on 18 July 2017, by the Financial Market Supervisory Authority of Azerbaijan on 25 July 2017 and by the Nasimi District Court in Baku at the hearing of the Bank’s application that took place on 17 August 2017.
The occurrence of the Restructuring Date constitutes successful conclusion of the Restructuring, subject only to termination of the proceedings in the Nasimi District Court that will take place in due course. Entitlements that were not distributed on the Restructuring Date were deposited into an account with the Distribution Agent pending satisfaction by the relevant Claimants of conditions for distribution of their Entitlements in accordance with the terms of the Restructuring Plan.
Khalid Ahadov, Chairman of IBA, commented: “The successful closing of the restructuring process earlier today is a key step in the Bank’s plan to ensure its long-term viability. The Bank is now in a position to work with the Ministry of Finance on completion of the remaining part of the transfer of certain impaired assets to Aqrarkredit. The combination of these two transactions will restore the Bank’s capital position, provide the Bank with the necessary financial strength to implement its business plan aimed at restoration of long-term profitability and also facilitate the Government of Azerbaijan’s objective of privatising the Bank by the end of 2018.”
Lazard acted as financial adviser to the Bank and White & Case LLP acted as its legal adviser in connection with the Restructuring. D.F. King acted as information and tabulation agent in connection with the Restructuring.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Minister: "IBA can be prepared for privatization"
- 19.09.2017Chamber of Accounts makes decision to send materials on University of Economy to General Prosecutor’s Office
- 19.09.2017Elman Rustamov: We see no risk for manat rate
- 19.09.2017WB: Azerbaijan is our loyal partner
- 19.09.2017CB chairman: Currency market balanced, manat stabilized
- 19.09.2017WB allocated $3.6B for more than 50 projects in Azerbaijan so far
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Credit activity in Azerbaijan still remains unrecovered
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Manat stability accompanied by decline in dollarization
- 18.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.09.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to government
- 15.09.2017Average monthly salary increases 7% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 539M
- 15.09.2017Average exchange rate of manat for August announced
- 15.09.2017GDP amounts to AZN 43.7M in Azerbaijan this year
- 15.09.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 11%
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 11B to food this year
- 15.09.2017AZN 10B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 15.09.2017EBRD may become shareholder of IBA
- 14.09.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017AmCham Azerbaijan welcomes initiative on monitoring of the Strategic Road Map
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations
- 12.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 20%
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 64%
- 12.09.2017Deputy chairman of Central Bank resigns
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers collect AZN 323M this year
- 11.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 15%
- 11.09.2017PASHA Life’s premiums exceed AZN 100M
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani Central Bank attracts more than AZN 530M
- 08.09.2017Moody’s forecasts Azerbaijan’s budget to be executed wiht deficit during next two years
- 08.09.2017Moody's: Azerbaijan's credit profile reflects country's vulnerability to volatile oil prices
- 08.09.2017Troubled loans reach 14% in provision of crediting
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 38% growth in July’s mortgage lending
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Central Bank attracts nearly 500M manats
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani Central Bank holds another currency auction
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijan announces manat rate for September 6
- 01.09.2017International Bank of Azerbaijan completes its restructuring process
- 01.09.2017Fitch affirms Pasha Bank's Rating
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan announces manat rate for September 5