Credit ratings of Turkey and Azerbaijan equalized
So, Turkey’s rating was downgraded from investment-grade to speculative-grade.
Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Portugal also have same ratings.
Moody’s and S&P also downgraded Turkey’s rating to the same level.
Economic growth fell sharply in 2H16 and is expected to recover to a pace that is well below the country's performance in recent years. A rebound is anticipated after the 1.8% yoy contraction in 3Q16, but this will be held back by weak domestic demand stemming from security and political conditions and, over the near term, currency depreciation.
After this announcement, the US dollar rose to TRY 3.8833.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2017IBA's restructuring plan expected to be approved, says Moody's
- 26.05.2017USD rate for May 29 announced
- 26.05.2017Moody’s downgrades one more rating of IBA
- 26.05.2017Central Bank attracts more than AZN 649M
- 26.05.2017ADIF pays over AZN 733M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.05.2017Fitch: It is not clear that planned restructuring would remove need for support for IBA.
- 25.05.2017Aydin Aliyev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 25.05.2017No reason for population to withdraw deposits from International Bank of Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 25.05.2017Moody’s announces conditions for restoration of Azerbaijan’s economy
- 25.05.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan spends funds equal to 18% of its GDP to support banking sector
- 24.05.2017Fitch Ratings downgrades IBA to Restricted Default
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 24.05.2017IBA ratings may be revised
- 23.05.2017Samir Sharifov: "Azerbaijan's IBA will be privatised but not before 2018"
- 23.05.2017SCC chairman: Israeli citizen confesses to hiding large amount of currency from control - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017IBA starts talks with foreign creditors in London
- 23.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 23.05.2017Part of AZN 10B-bonds issued for IBA’s financial health unregistered
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.05.2017Bitcoin value reaches record level
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 30.01.2017Bank Silk Way gets 10% rise in liabilities
- 30.01.2017Assessment to be conducted in order to flow of money into black market
- 30.01.2017S&P affirms Azerbaijan’s 'BB+/B' ratings
- 28.01.2017Finance Ministry increases its stake in IBA
- 27.01.2017IBA stops sponsoring Inter FC
- 27.01.2017Large-scale reforms in Azerbaijani economy yielding results - president - UPDATED