AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
“Milli Net 2017” – the National Internet Award competition sponsored by “AzerTelecom” LLC, a backbone internet provider connecting Azerbaijan to the international Internet network has been completed.
According to the information given from the company’s Public Relations department, this year “AzerTelecom” LLC has been a main sponsor to the 9th “Milli Net 2017” event organized by Azerbaijan Internet Forum. It was said that “Milli Net” is the traditional project towards discovering, promoting and assessing the best national internet resources in the country, enhancing the use of Azerbaijan language over the Internet and “AzerTelecom” LLC being a leading ICT company is interested in the development as well as successful implementation of such projects.
“Milli Net 2017” started in October and the competition continued until December 15. In general, 392 resources were submitted for 18 nominations to the professional Internet award competition. As per competition rules, 291 resources were accepted and went to polls. Among them the best 96 Internet resources were nominated (53 web sites, 26 mobile applications and 17 social media resources). According to the second poll results, the winners were selected per existing 18 nominations and at yesterday’s event granted with special “Milli Net” award for each nominations – Bronze Buta with reflection of net, and the winners of 2nd and 3rd places were awarded with Diploma. Various valuable gifts were also presented to the winners.
Speaking at the Awarding Ceremony “AzerTelecom” LLC’s Chief Commercial Officer Laman Abasbeyli noted that “AzerTelecom” believes that such significant platforms like “Milli Net” that supports the enlightenment, development of society and ICT sphere contributes to the overall development. “AzerTelecom” has been operating in the telecommunication field since 2008 and will celebrate its 10-year anniversary next year. Within these 10 years, the company became an integral part of ICT sphere in Azerbaijan, and carried out significant activities towards provision of high quality and high speed Internet in the country.
““AzerTelecom” LLC always supports the projects promoting continuous ICT development, use of information technologies, national resources, development of educational consciousness of society and will continue its activities following these principles”- Laman Abasbeyli said.
The representatives from country’s internet society, a number of government bodies, leading ICT companies, education institutions and media participated at the event. Other speakers having a speech at the event stressed the importance of “Milli Net” and talked about the ICT development in the country.
About “Milli Net”:
The National Internet Award is a professional internet award established by Azerbaijan Internet Forum (AIF). This award is annually granted by means of competition to the national social, scientific, economic, legal etc. internet resources and internet projects compiled and active in Azerbaijan language.
About “AzerTelecom" LLC:
“AzerTelecom” LLC is a dynamically developing telecommunication operator in Azerbaijan. The company was established in 2008; the services provided by the telecommunication operator include the followings: wholesale Internet, leased line, mobile backhaul, international transit, SIP telephony, FTTB (Fiber-to-the-building), Data Center services, VSAT services, Corporate network, Backbone services, Leased line over GSM, VPN (Virtual Private Network), VoIP (Voice over IP), DDOS protection etc.
For detailed information about the company, please visit our official web site www.azertelecom.az, or pages in Facebook (www.facebook.com/azertelecom.az) and LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/azertelecom.az) social networks.
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan sets new budget rules on effective use of oil revenues
- 22.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 22.06.2018MPs criticize allocation of funds from state budget to SOCAR
- 22.06.2018Finance Minister announces factors necessitating revision of state budget
- 21.06.2018S&P affirms Muganbank’s rating
- 21.06.2018S&P upgrades ratings on Muganbank
- 20.06.2018SGC increases assets by 35% in 2017
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 20.06.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 20.06.2018“AzerTelecom” expanding its infrastructure in Baku and regions
- 20.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 20.06.2018S&P Global: Insurance sector depends on banking sector in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan to create temporary administration in insurance sector
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services
- 21.12.2017Amendments to be made to article ‘Personal inspection’ of Customs Code