Azerbaijani protests against Kosovo’s membership to WCO
World Customs Organization (WCO) Europe Regional Heads of Customs Conference is being held in Vienna, Austria.
At the conference, Aliyev informed about Azerbaijan’s interest in extension of links in transit freightage, development of transport infrastructure in the country, simplification and acceleration of transit freightage and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line to be launched soon.
Thereafter, taking into account that Azerbaijan’s membership to WCO Policy Commission will end in a few months, Azerbaijan has put forward its candidacy to beb member of WCO Finance Committee.
Later on, Aliyev announced Azerbaijan’s position on Kosovo’s membership to WCO. He said that this is not a topic of discussion. He also noted that other countries face problems of territorial integrity and WCO should not be place of political issues: “Azerbaijan does not recognize Kosovo’s independence and one-sidedly declared independence contradicts international law. Kosovo issue was discussed in WCO Political Commission in 2012 and Kosovo’s membership was not adopted. As this decision is still valid, Azerbaijani side does not consider acceptable to discuss this issue again”.
The conference will end today.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2017IBA's restructuring plan expected to be approved, says Moody's
- 26.05.2017USD rate for May 29 announced
- 26.05.2017Moody’s downgrades one more rating of IBA
- 26.05.2017Central Bank attracts more than AZN 649M
- 26.05.2017ADIF pays over AZN 733M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.05.2017Fitch: It is not clear that planned restructuring would remove need for support for IBA.
- 25.05.2017Aydin Aliyev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 25.05.2017No reason for population to withdraw deposits from International Bank of Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 25.05.2017Moody’s announces conditions for restoration of Azerbaijan’s economy
- 25.05.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan spends funds equal to 18% of its GDP to support banking sector
- 24.05.2017Fitch Ratings downgrades IBA to Restricted Default
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 24.05.2017IBA ratings may be revised
- 23.05.2017Samir Sharifov: "Azerbaijan's IBA will be privatised but not before 2018"
- 23.05.2017SCC chairman: Israeli citizen confesses to hiding large amount of currency from control - UPDATED
- 23.05.2017IBA starts talks with foreign creditors in London
- 23.05.2017USD rate at today's auction declines
- 23.05.2017Part of AZN 10B-bonds issued for IBA’s financial health unregistered
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.05.2017Bitcoin value reaches record level
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 21.04.2017PM Artur Rasi-zadeh re-elected as SOFAZ Supervisory Board's Chair
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining’s debt exceeds $33M
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns over $10M from gold sale
- 21.04.2017USD rate for April 24 announced
- 21.04.2017Synergy Group becomes AtaBank’s shareholder
- 21.04.2017AtaBank’s authorized capital reached AZN 70M