Azerbaijani president: Main goal is to export non-oil products to foreign markets
"The main goal is to export products of the non-oil sector to foreign markets," Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting with Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani in the expanded meeting on Monday, APA reported.
At the meeting, the head of state spoke about the diversification of Azerbaijan's economy and the development of the country’s non-oil sector.
In addition, the sides praised the rapid development of cooperative relations between the two countries in recent years.
Recalling his visit to Azerbaijan, the Emir of Qatar stressed that Azerbaijan has ensured domestic security and stability, which creates the opportunity for the development of both the economy and tourism.
The Emir of Qatar emphasized that mutual visits boost the cooperation between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with satisfaction his previous visit to Qatar, saying he witnessed great development in the country over the past period.
During the meeting, the parties stressed the importance of expanding ties in various areas, including in the areas of agriculture, tourism, culture, and discussed joint investment opportunities in the implementation of projects in various sectors in other countries, as well as cooperation in the oil and gas sectors.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan ends H1 on profit
- 21.07.2017Gala Life Insurance gets 11.5% decline in assets
- 21.07.2017Official Exchange Rates
- 20.07.2017Holcim (Azerbaijan) ends 2016 on loss
- 20.07.2017BSE ends 2016 on loss
- 20.07.2017PASHA Bank’s profit exceeds AZN 24M
- 20.07.2017Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 20.07.2017Unibank ends H1 on profit
- 20.07.2017Dollar edges off lows against euro, central banks eyed
- 19.07.2017Finance Ministry announces revenues and expenditures of state budget
- 19.07.2017AMF issues AZN 25M-bond
- 19.07.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $356M
- 19.07.2017NBC Bank loses hope for repayment of most of troubled loans
- 18.07.2017IBA’s restructuring plan adopted
- 18.07.2017ExpressBank gets 17% decline in loan portfolio
- 18.07.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 38%
- 18.07.2017AtaBank’s profit nears AZN 1.7M
- 18.07.2017Muganbank ends H1 on loss
- 18.07.2017Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends H1 on profit
- 17.07.2017Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 17.07.2017Personal incomes rise 7% in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Average monthly salary increases 6% in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017GDP makes up AZN 31.3B in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017TuranBank ends H1 on loss
- 17.07.2017Nikoil Bank ends H1 on profit
- 17.07.2017AFB Bank gets 60% growth in deposit portfolio
- 17.07.2017AZN 7B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 17.07.2017SOFAZ’s assets nears $35B
- 15.07.2017New prices for 10,385 medicines approved in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 471M in first half of 2017
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves revised state budget
- 14.07.2017Troubled loans make up 50% of AGBank’s loan portfolio
- 14.07.2017Bank Eurasia ends H1 on profit
- 14.07.2017AGBank’s undistributed profit exceeds AZN 62M
- 13.07.2017Fitch assigns Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank 'AAA'
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan makes 7% of total investments in Turkey
- 13.07.2017Retail trade turnover increases in Azerbaijan in H1
- 13.07.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2017Annual inflation reaches 14%
- 13.07.2017IBA has enough support from creditors to implement restructuring plan
- 28.02.2017Approach with respect to taxpayers to be differentiate - minister
- 28.02.2017Tax return and statement forms intended for SMEs to be simplified – minister
- 01.03.2017Kapital Bank becomes member of American Bankers Association
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan, Qatar sign documents - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.02.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 197M