Azerbaijani president: Main goal is to export non-oil products to foreign markets
"The main goal is to export products of the non-oil sector to foreign markets," Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting with Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani in the expanded meeting on Monday, APA reported.
At the meeting, the head of state spoke about the diversification of Azerbaijan's economy and the development of the country’s non-oil sector.
In addition, the sides praised the rapid development of cooperative relations between the two countries in recent years.
Recalling his visit to Azerbaijan, the Emir of Qatar stressed that Azerbaijan has ensured domestic security and stability, which creates the opportunity for the development of both the economy and tourism.
The Emir of Qatar emphasized that mutual visits boost the cooperation between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with satisfaction his previous visit to Qatar, saying he witnessed great development in the country over the past period.
During the meeting, the parties stressed the importance of expanding ties in various areas, including in the areas of agriculture, tourism, culture, and discussed joint investment opportunities in the implementation of projects in various sectors in other countries, as well as cooperation in the oil and gas sectors.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Bank Standard’s non-performing loans amount to AZN 707M
- 28.04.2017Deficit of consolidated budget exceeds AZN 1.1B
- 28.04.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 350M
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 28.04.2017Oil prices rise
- 27.04.2017Baku hosts workshop on Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO
- 27.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 732M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 27.04.2017Insurers collect AZN 151 million premiums, pay AZN 60 million in Q1
- 27.04.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.04.2017SOFAZ’s investment opportunities in France discussed
- 27.04.2017SOFAZ Executive Director re-elected to Supervisory Council of VTB Bank for next term
- 27.04.2017SCC seizes 18 kg of drug
- 27.04.2017PASHA Bank’s assets near AZN 3.3B
- 27.04.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan gets 2.4% rise in deposit portfolio
- 26.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 732M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 26.04.2017SCC prevents AZN 895,000 deviation from budget
- 26.04.2017Muganbank’s loss exceeds AZN 13M
- 26.04.2017President’s aide: main goal is to bring Azerbaijan to level of developed countries
- 25.04.2017Date of next meeting of Azerbaijan-Lithuania intergovernmental commission announced
- 25.04.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 25.04.2017AtaBank gets 38% decline in deposit portfolio
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan to reopen currency exchange offices
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees 12% rise in troubled loans
- 25.04.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 25.04.2017Xalg Bank ends Q1 on profit
- 24.04.2017Bank Respublika ends Q1 on loss
- 24.04.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 365M
- 24.04.2017AccessBank gets 6% rise in deposit portfolio
- 24.04.2017ADB allocates over $1.3B loan to Azerbaijan in 2016
- 24.04.2017ADIF pays over AZN 728M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns over $10M from gold sale
- 24.04.2017Anglo Asian Mining’s debt exceeds $33M
- 21.04.2017PM Artur Rasi-zadeh re-elected as SOFAZ Supervisory Board's Chair
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijani protests against Kosovo’s membership to WCO
- 21.04.2017USD rate for April 24 announced
- 21.04.2017Synergy Group becomes AtaBank’s shareholder
- 28.02.2017Approach with respect to taxpayers to be differentiate - minister
- 28.02.2017Tax return and statement forms intended for SMEs to be simplified – minister
- 01.03.2017Kapital Bank becomes member of American Bankers Association
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan, Qatar sign documents - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.02.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 197M