Azerbaijani president: Main goal is to export non-oil products to foreign markets
"The main goal is to export products of the non-oil sector to foreign markets," Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting with Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani in the expanded meeting on Monday, APA reported.
At the meeting, the head of state spoke about the diversification of Azerbaijan's economy and the development of the country’s non-oil sector.
In addition, the sides praised the rapid development of cooperative relations between the two countries in recent years.
Recalling his visit to Azerbaijan, the Emir of Qatar stressed that Azerbaijan has ensured domestic security and stability, which creates the opportunity for the development of both the economy and tourism.
The Emir of Qatar emphasized that mutual visits boost the cooperation between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with satisfaction his previous visit to Qatar, saying he witnessed great development in the country over the past period.
During the meeting, the parties stressed the importance of expanding ties in various areas, including in the areas of agriculture, tourism, culture, and discussed joint investment opportunities in the implementation of projects in various sectors in other countries, as well as cooperation in the oil and gas sectors.
Related news releases
- 12.12.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 12.12.2017Annual inflation reaches 13.4%
- 11.12.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan still biggest investor in Georgia
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see AZN 4.2B decline in provision of crediting
- 11.12.2017Banks’ liabilities to Central Bank decline
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net profit nears AZN 550M
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth makes up AZN 3.1B
- 08.12.2017Bitcoin tumbles after dramatic gains ahead of futures launch
- 08.12.2017Troubled loans reach AZN 1.9B
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in October’s mortgage lending
- 08.12.2017Personal savings increase
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 2.4-fold decline in external borrowing
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in provision of crediting
- 08.12.2017Customs duty of raw silk increased tenfold
- 08.12.2017SOFAZ: Despite quitting EITI, Azerbaijan remained loyal to its principles
- 07.12.2017Bitcoin breaks through the $16,000 mark
- 07.12.2017Tax burden is below 40 pct in Azerbaijan - review
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan’s new taxes minister Mikayil Jabbarov introduced to staff
- 06.12.2017Monetary base increases
- 06.12.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 06.12.2017ADB allocates $250M to Azerbaijani government
- 06.12.2017Georgia reduces fuel import from Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 215M to state budget this year
- 06.12.2017Bitcoin extends gains, rises above $12,000 to record high
- 05.12.2017Import of newsprint exempted from customs duty
- 05.12.2017ADB allocates $400 million for Azerbaijan Railways
- 05.12.2017AMF to hold placement of next bond issue on December 8
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 04.12.2017AZN 11.3B directed to socio-economic development of Baku this year
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament adopts 2018 state budget
- 01.12.2017SOFAZ’s expenditures decline, revnues increase
- 28.02.2017Approach with respect to taxpayers to be differentiate - minister
- 28.02.2017Tax return and statement forms intended for SMEs to be simplified – minister
- 01.03.2017Kapital Bank becomes member of American Bankers Association
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan, Qatar sign documents - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.02.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 197M