Azerbaijani president: Main goal is to export non-oil products to foreign markets
"The main goal is to export products of the non-oil sector to foreign markets," Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting with Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani in the expanded meeting on Monday, APA reported.
At the meeting, the head of state spoke about the diversification of Azerbaijan's economy and the development of the country’s non-oil sector.
In addition, the sides praised the rapid development of cooperative relations between the two countries in recent years.
Recalling his visit to Azerbaijan, the Emir of Qatar stressed that Azerbaijan has ensured domestic security and stability, which creates the opportunity for the development of both the economy and tourism.
The Emir of Qatar emphasized that mutual visits boost the cooperation between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with satisfaction his previous visit to Qatar, saying he witnessed great development in the country over the past period.
During the meeting, the parties stressed the importance of expanding ties in various areas, including in the areas of agriculture, tourism, culture, and discussed joint investment opportunities in the implementation of projects in various sectors in other countries, as well as cooperation in the oil and gas sectors.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth exceeds AZN 2B
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.03.2017EIB allocates €20M loan to AccessBank
- 17.03.2017USD rate continues to decline
- 17.03.2017Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 17.03.2017Paid services decline 3% in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017PM: IBA former management’s criminal activity worsened the situation
- 17.03.2017PASHA Bank Georgia ends 2016 on profit
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in consumption market
- 17.03.2017Catering turnover amounts to over AZN 177M
- 16.03.2017SCC increases budget transfers 52%
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $682M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn over AZN 125M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 22%
- 16.03.2017Average exchange rate of for February announced
- 16.03.2017State budget executed with AZN 179M surpluses in January-February
- 16.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 16.03.2017Central Bank to take adequate measures about impact of Federal Reserve’s decision on Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.03.2017AZN 10B asset transferred from IBA
- 16.03.2017Banks’ capital position remaining sensitive to external shocks - FIMSA
- 16.03.2017SOCAR to increase oil output 4.7% this year – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Fitch announces its forecast on inflation and manat rate in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2017Confidence in manat should be restored – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Transfer of $7.5B from SOFAZ to CBA will strengthen manat – Fitch
- 16.03.2017US Federal Reserve’s decision may indirectly affect Azerbaijan – central bank
- 16.03.2017Fitch forecasts negative outlook for some Azerbaijani banks this year
- 15.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.03.2017Ministry of Taxes transfers nearly AZN 940M to state budget
- 15.03.2017AMF gets 42% rise in profit
- 15.03.2017Bank of America: Manat has great potential to be strengthened
- 15.03.2017AMF Supervisory Board composition announced
- 15.03.2017GDP increases 0.4% in Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2017Poroshenko expresses his support to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan can repay its foreign debts in a few months – president
- 14.03.2017Over AZN 2B invested in fixed capital in January-February
- 13.03.2017Discount rate remained unchanged at CBA board meeting
- 28.02.2017Approach with respect to taxpayers to be differentiate - minister
- 28.02.2017Tax return and statement forms intended for SMEs to be simplified – minister
- 01.03.2017Kapital Bank becomes member of American Bankers Association
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan, Qatar sign documents - UPDATED
- 27.02.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 27.02.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 197M