Azerbaijani parliament ratifies New Contract of the Century
APA-Economics reports that the MPs voted for the draft law.
According to chairman of the Committee on Natural Resources, Energy and Ecology, chaired by MP Valeh Alasgarov, the context of the agreement does not differ from the text of today: “However, several annexes have been made in the agreement. The agreement on the joint development and production sharing (PSA) for the Azeri, Chirag fields and the Deep Water Portion of the Gunashli Field (ACG) in the Azerbaijan Sector of the Caspian Sea was signed on September 20, 1994. Total costs within this project have made up $43.5 billion since 1994 till 2017. Capital expenditures within this agreement amounted to $35 billion. During the period of this agreement, Azerbaijani side received $130 billion as profit oil. Profit tax by co-ventures stood at $15 billion. ACG got nearly $6 billion in profit. Nearly 42 bcm of gas was delivered to Azerbaijan government”.
Alesgerov noted that volume of extractable reserves amount to 500 million tonnes.
“More than $33 billion is needed for production of oil reserves. The contract signed in 1994 will expired after seven years. The contractor companies would not invest a large amount of funds for this period. Because it’s impossible to get the expenditures back within seven years. If the works on explorations start in 2019, oil may be produced only in 2023. Current agreement expires in 2024. Therefore, there was a need for renewal of the agreement”.
He noted that ACG’s share increased up to 25 percent: “Total share of foreign companies increased to 75 percent. As you see the share of ACG doubled”.
Alesgerov noted that co-ventures will pay a bonus of $3.6 billion in total or $450 million in every year for the period of 8 years.
The new agreement will be valid till December 31, 2049.
MP Vahid Ahmadov said that September and October were successful months for Azerbaijan: “The new oil agreement was signed in September, BTK was launched in October. This is historic victory of Azerbaijan. There were many obstacles for realization of the BTK. However, under the will of the Azerbaijani president, this project was realized”.
MP Ali Masimli noted that the parliament is discussing very historic contract: “This contract introduced our hydrocarbon reserves to the world once more. At the same time, Azerbaijan proved itself as a country of oil”.
Discussions are underway.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 200M
- 22.02.2018Moody’s: Azerbaijan’s economy to grow 2% in 2019
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 21.02.2018CBA attracts more than AZN 1B from deposit auction last year
- 21.02.2018CBA: SOFAZ sold $3.6B in currency auction last year
- 21.02.2018Stabilization of manat rate causes sharp decline in sale of currency
- 21.02.2018Money transfers to Azerbaijan doubled last year
- 21.02.2018AZN 1.2B invested in banks’ equity capital in 2016-2017
- 20.02.2018More than 70% of all transactions at AccessBank go online - INTERVIEW
- 20.02.2018BSE turnover increases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 20.02.2018Deputy Minister: Debts on mandatory state social insurance as of January 1, 2018 exceed AZN 364M
- 20.02.2018Mandatory state social insurance amnesty expected in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 19.02.2018Gala Insurance increases premiums by 27%
- 19.02.2018Petkim doubles profit
- 19.02.2018PASHA Yatirim Bankasi issues TRY 32.5M bonds
- 19.02.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $91M in January
- 19.02.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.02.2018Yapi Kredi Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee increases budget transfers
- 16.02.2018USD rate for Feb.19 announced
- 16.02.2018Credit institutions issues AZN 1.3B-shares last year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 715M to state budget this year
- 16.02.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 77.6B to state budget during 15 years - ANALYSIS
- 16.02.2018Personal incomes rise by 12% in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Average exchange rate of manat for January announced
- 15.02.2018Economic growth in Azerbaijan makes up 2% in January
- 15.02.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 977M in January
- 15.02.2018Baku hosts next meeting of Azerbaijan-Qatar intergovernmental commission
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
- 15.02.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.02.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan Credit Bureau’s authorized capital announced
- 14.02.2018State program on improvement of official statistics in 2018-2025 approved
- 31.10.2017Minister: Use of TRY and AZN in trading will insure our countries against external shocks
- 31.10.2017Amrahbank’s profit reaches AZN 3M
- 31.10.2017AMF profit exceeds AZN 13M
- 31.10.2017CBA chairman: Manat rate may rise by year-end
- 31.10.2017Azer-Turk Bank concludes nine months with profit
- 31.10.2017AccessBank gets 40% increase in deposit portfolio