Azerbaijani parliament ratifies New Contract of the Century
APA-Economics reports that the MPs voted for the draft law.
According to chairman of the Committee on Natural Resources, Energy and Ecology, chaired by MP Valeh Alasgarov, the context of the agreement does not differ from the text of today: “However, several annexes have been made in the agreement. The agreement on the joint development and production sharing (PSA) for the Azeri, Chirag fields and the Deep Water Portion of the Gunashli Field (ACG) in the Azerbaijan Sector of the Caspian Sea was signed on September 20, 1994. Total costs within this project have made up $43.5 billion since 1994 till 2017. Capital expenditures within this agreement amounted to $35 billion. During the period of this agreement, Azerbaijani side received $130 billion as profit oil. Profit tax by co-ventures stood at $15 billion. ACG got nearly $6 billion in profit. Nearly 42 bcm of gas was delivered to Azerbaijan government”.
Alesgerov noted that volume of extractable reserves amount to 500 million tonnes.
“More than $33 billion is needed for production of oil reserves. The contract signed in 1994 will expired after seven years. The contractor companies would not invest a large amount of funds for this period. Because it’s impossible to get the expenditures back within seven years. If the works on explorations start in 2019, oil may be produced only in 2023. Current agreement expires in 2024. Therefore, there was a need for renewal of the agreement”.
He noted that ACG’s share increased up to 25 percent: “Total share of foreign companies increased to 75 percent. As you see the share of ACG doubled”.
Alesgerov noted that co-ventures will pay a bonus of $3.6 billion in total or $450 million in every year for the period of 8 years.
The new agreement will be valid till December 31, 2049.
MP Vahid Ahmadov said that September and October were successful months for Azerbaijan: “The new oil agreement was signed in September, BTK was launched in October. This is historic victory of Azerbaijan. There were many obstacles for realization of the BTK. However, under the will of the Azerbaijani president, this project was realized”.
MP Ali Masimli noted that the parliament is discussing very historic contract: “This contract introduced our hydrocarbon reserves to the world once more. At the same time, Azerbaijan proved itself as a country of oil”.
Discussions are underway.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $600M
- 20.11.2017AGBank’s mortgage portfolio exceeds AZN 56M
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments/premiums ratio
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums near AZN 463
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 723 million to payment of loan interests
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 14.2B on food this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia get 6.5% rise in trade turnover
- 16.11.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 9.5%
- 16.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.3B to state budget this year
- 16.11.2017AZN12.5B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 708M this year
- 16.11.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 593M
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.7% decline in economy
- 15.11.2017CBA: Global rise of some food products prevent reduction in inflation rate
- 15.11.2017New CEO of Caspian European Club announced
- 15.11.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan makes decision to keep other parameters of discount rate and interest corridor unchanged
- 14.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is inaccessible for many countries
- 14.11.2017President: No other country developed as rapidly as did Azerbaijan in terms of economic reforms in past 14 years
- 14.11.2017Russian government acquires about 100% of Bank VTB Azerbaijan’s shares
- 14.11.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 14.11.2017SCC transfers AZN 2.2B to state budget this year
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover increases 9-fold
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 86%
- 14.11.2017BSE turnover doubles
- 13.11.2017Drafts of budgets for 2018 recommended to plenary meeting of parliament
- 13.11.2017State budget for 2018 drawn up in three scenarios
- 13.11.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan made up 1.1% last month
- 10.11.2017Bitcoin slides by over $1,000 in less than 48 hours
- 10.11.2017PASHA Bank Georgia sees 10% decline in assets
- 10.11.2017IBA-Georgia’s assets decline by 23%
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 13% decline in September’s mortgage lending
- 08.11.2017Personal savings increase by 3.3% in September
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 08.11.2017Most parliamentary committees recommend budget package for discussion at plenary meeting
- 21.11.2017Elman Rustamov: Conformation of economy with current oil price completed
- 21.11.2017UK trade mission to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017CBA Chairman: exchange rate of manat stabilized
- 21.11.2017Janet Yellen submits resignation from Fed
- 20.11.2017IBA-Moscow – one of 10 most profitable banks in Russia