Azerbaijani parliament ratifies New Contract of the Century
APA-Economics reports that the MPs voted for the draft law.
According to chairman of the Committee on Natural Resources, Energy and Ecology, chaired by MP Valeh Alasgarov, the context of the agreement does not differ from the text of today: “However, several annexes have been made in the agreement. The agreement on the joint development and production sharing (PSA) for the Azeri, Chirag fields and the Deep Water Portion of the Gunashli Field (ACG) in the Azerbaijan Sector of the Caspian Sea was signed on September 20, 1994. Total costs within this project have made up $43.5 billion since 1994 till 2017. Capital expenditures within this agreement amounted to $35 billion. During the period of this agreement, Azerbaijani side received $130 billion as profit oil. Profit tax by co-ventures stood at $15 billion. ACG got nearly $6 billion in profit. Nearly 42 bcm of gas was delivered to Azerbaijan government”.
Alesgerov noted that volume of extractable reserves amount to 500 million tonnes.
“More than $33 billion is needed for production of oil reserves. The contract signed in 1994 will expired after seven years. The contractor companies would not invest a large amount of funds for this period. Because it’s impossible to get the expenditures back within seven years. If the works on explorations start in 2019, oil may be produced only in 2023. Current agreement expires in 2024. Therefore, there was a need for renewal of the agreement”.
He noted that ACG’s share increased up to 25 percent: “Total share of foreign companies increased to 75 percent. As you see the share of ACG doubled”.
Alesgerov noted that co-ventures will pay a bonus of $3.6 billion in total or $450 million in every year for the period of 8 years.
The new agreement will be valid till December 31, 2049.
MP Vahid Ahmadov said that September and October were successful months for Azerbaijan: “The new oil agreement was signed in September, BTK was launched in October. This is historic victory of Azerbaijan. There were many obstacles for realization of the BTK. However, under the will of the Azerbaijani president, this project was realized”.
MP Ali Masimli noted that the parliament is discussing very historic contract: “This contract introduced our hydrocarbon reserves to the world once more. At the same time, Azerbaijan proved itself as a country of oil”.
Discussions are underway.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 22.06.2018MPs criticize allocation of funds from state budget to SOCAR
- 22.06.2018Finance Minister announces factors necessitating revision of state budget
- 21.06.2018S&P affirms Muganbank’s rating
- 21.06.2018S&P upgrades ratings on Muganbank
- 20.06.2018SGC increases assets by 35% in 2017
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 20.06.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 20.06.2018“AzerTelecom” expanding its infrastructure in Baku and regions
- 20.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 20.06.2018S&P Global: Insurance sector depends on banking sector in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan to create temporary administration in insurance sector
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced
- 12.06.2018SOFAZ’s budget transfers increased by 19%
- 31.10.2017Minister: Use of TRY and AZN in trading will insure our countries against external shocks
- 31.10.2017Amrahbank’s profit reaches AZN 3M
- 31.10.2017AMF profit exceeds AZN 13M
- 31.10.2017CBA chairman: Manat rate may rise by year-end
- 31.10.2017Azer-Turk Bank concludes nine months with profit
- 31.10.2017AccessBank gets 40% increase in deposit portfolio