Azerbaijani parliament adopts draft law on writing off debts on compulsory state social insurance
Azerbaijani parliament has today discussed the draft law "On regulation of compulsory state social insurance debts".
APA-Economics reports that chairman of committee on labor and social policy Hadi Rajabli said that the draft law envisages three issues: ‘One of the issues is related to debts incurred on insurance fees as of 2006. Amount of these debts is AZN 100 million. The second issue is about financial sanctions from 2006 to January 1, 2015, which amount to AZN 55 million. The third issue is debts incurred from January 1, 2015 to April 1, 2018. Amount of these debts is AZN 26.7 million’.
Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev offered to write off debts which have incurred as of January 1, 2006 and have not been paid up to April 1, 2018, as well as financial sanctions as of January 1, 2015 in the field of mandatory state social insurance.
According to the draft law, the insurers’ debts which have incurred as of January 1, 2006 and have not been paid up to April 1, 2018 and will be written off.
At the same time, insurers’ debts on financial sanctions for violation of mandatory state social insurance rules which have incurred as of January 1, 2006 and have not been paid up to April 1, 2018 will be written off.
Financial sanctions are expected to be written off in the following order:
- in case the insured person pays 10 percent of the debt on financial sanctions in April-May 2018, 90 percent of the amount is written off;
- in case 30 percent of the debt on financial sanctions is paid in April-July 2018, 70 percent of the amount is written off;
- in case 50 percent of the debt on financial sanctions is paid in April-September 2018, 50 percent of the amount is written off.
Rest of debts which have not been paid as of April 1, 2018 in spite of court decision will also be written off.
The draft law was adopted by voting.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 06.03.2018Currency exchange points to be licensed this year
- 06.03.2018SOFAZ invested $1.9B in real properties
- 06.03.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 06.03.2018State Customs Committee transfers AZN 220M to state budget last month
- 05.03.2018Total capital on banking sector increased to AZN 2.2B
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijan uses 83% of loans borrowed from international financial organizations