Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 25.02.2017Fitch announces volume of IBA gross loans
- 25.02.2017Fitch: Azerbaijan’s government debt remains contained
- 25.02.2017Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's ratings at 'BB+'
- 24.02.2017ADIF pays nearly AZN 726M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 24.02.2017Manat rate does not depend on oil price – Rufat Aslanli
- 24.02.2017AccessBank’s operating profit exceeds AZN 33M
- 24.02.2017Rufat Aslanli: Troubled loans decreasing in volume
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on expansion of foreign trade operations
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 23.02.2017Silk Way Insurance ends 2016 on profit
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 23.02.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 150M
- 22.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues growth rate
- 22.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 21.02.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 21.02.2017Car import from Georgia to Azerbaijan amounts to $2M
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 21.02.2017Export from Azerbaijan to Georgia increased 2.5 times
- 21.02.2017ADIF pays nearly AZN 726M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 21.02.2017Financial Monitoring Service removes one person from blacklist
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 20.02.2017Demirbank ends 2016 on loss
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 20.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 17.02.2017Over AZN 954M invested in fixed capital in January
- 17.02.2017State budget executed with surplus in January
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 1% growth in economy
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.02.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan specifying details of trading in national currencies
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 17.02.2017Projects implemented by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia to be completed timely - minister
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 17.02.2017PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary ends 2016 on profit
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan gets 21% rise in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $355M
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan sees 70% rise in SCC budget transfers
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan reduces car import by 7%
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit