Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 28.03.2017Kapital Bank attends opening of International Financial Council
- 28.03.2017Azersigorta gets 14% decline in assets
- 27.03.2017Moody’s makes comparison of adaptation to low oil period between Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan
- 27.03.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 336M
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth exceeds AZN 2B
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 17.03.2017EIB allocates €20M loan to AccessBank
- 17.03.2017USD rate continues to decline
- 17.03.2017Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 17.03.2017Paid services decline 3% in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017PM: IBA former management’s criminal activity worsened the situation
- 17.03.2017PASHA Bank Georgia ends 2016 on profit
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in consumption market
- 17.03.2017Catering turnover amounts to over AZN 177M
- 16.03.2017SCC increases budget transfers 52%
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $682M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn over AZN 125M
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 22%
- 16.03.2017Average exchange rate of for February announced
- 16.03.2017State budget executed with AZN 179M surpluses in January-February
- 16.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 16.03.2017Central Bank to take adequate measures about impact of Federal Reserve’s decision on Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.03.2017AZN 10B asset transferred from IBA
- 16.03.2017Banks’ capital position remaining sensitive to external shocks - FIMSA
- 16.03.2017SOCAR to increase oil output 4.7% this year – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Fitch announces its forecast on inflation and manat rate in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2017Confidence in manat should be restored – Fitch
- 16.03.2017Transfer of $7.5B from SOFAZ to CBA will strengthen manat – Fitch
- 16.03.2017US Federal Reserve’s decision may indirectly affect Azerbaijan – central bank
- 16.03.2017Fitch forecasts negative outlook for some Azerbaijani banks this year
- 15.03.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.03.2017Ministry of Taxes transfers nearly AZN 940M to state budget
- 15.03.2017AMF gets 42% rise in profit
- 15.03.2017Bank of America: Manat has great potential to be strengthened
- 15.03.2017AMF Supervisory Board composition announced
- 15.03.2017GDP increases 0.4% in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit