Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2017Azer-Turk Bank’s AZN 100M-loan transferred to Agrarcredit
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan’s per head external debt exceeds $700
- 22.05.2017Cabinet of Ministers spends 68% of Reserve Fund to increase of IBA authorized capital
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 22.05.2017Finance Ministry pays AZN 18.2 to IBA
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for profit
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest expenditures
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for non-interest incomes
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 19.05.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 49%
- 18.05.2017Central Bank attracts AZN 638M in deposit auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017Dollarization level of individuals’ deposits declined- central bank
- 18.05.2017Average daily exchange rate of USD against AZN in Q1 announced
- 18.05.2017SOFAZ sells $793M at currency auctions in Q1
- 18.05.2017USD transactions decline 33.5% - Central Bank
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan’s currency reserves exceed international norms – central bank
- 18.05.2017AZN 664M transferred through Azer Turk Bank this year
- 17.05.2017IBA-Georgia ends Q1 on profit
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for incomes
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest expenditures
- 17.05.2017Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 17.05.2017Annual inflation exceeds 13%
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s budget deficit nears AZN 370M
- 17.05.2017ADIF pays over AZN 733M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 17.05.2017ADIF Executive Director: Bank Melli Iran Baku branch to get back its deposits in closed three banks - EXCLUSIVE
- 17.05.2017Bank Melli Iran Baku announces amount of deposits in closed banks
- 17.05.2017Bank Melli Iran Baku branch’s total capital reaches AZN 61M
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for interest incomes
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan sees 1.2% decline in economy
- 16.05.2017AccessBank’s total capital exceeds AZN 67M
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for authorized capital
- 16.05.2017PASHA Life Insurance doubles premiums
- 16.05.2017Kazakh bank sells IBA’s $15M-bonds
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 16.05.2017Number and salary of hired workers in economy anounced
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit