Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017$14M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia this year
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves increase, financial situation is stable
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijan spends AZN 4B on social defence, education and health this year
- 15.12.2017EBRD: Azerbaijan made progress for privatisation of IBA
- 14.12.2017Average exchange rate of manat for November announced
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 780M this year
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 781 million to payment of loan interests
- 14.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: BP is the key partner in Azerbaijan's global energy projects - UPDATED
- 14.12.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 714M
- 14.12.2017Great Britain invests more than $27B in Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.12.2017Moody’s: Azerbaijan-based banks’ funding prospects are limited
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 16% growth in economy
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 14.2B on food this year
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover nears $5B
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 13.12.2017AZN13.7B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 13.12.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 2.4B to state budget this year
- 12.12.2017Number of wageworkers in economy announced
- 12.12.2017Annual inflation reaches 13.4%
- 11.12.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan still biggest investor in Georgia
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see AZN 4.2B decline in provision of crediting
- 11.12.2017Banks’ liabilities to Central Bank decline
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net profit nears AZN 550M
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks’ net worth makes up AZN 3.1B
- 08.12.2017Bitcoin tumbles after dramatic gains ahead of futures launch
- 08.12.2017Troubled loans reach AZN 1.9B
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in October’s mortgage lending
- 08.12.2017Personal savings increase
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see 2.4-fold decline in external borrowing
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in provision of crediting
- 08.12.2017Customs duty of raw silk increased tenfold
- 08.12.2017SOFAZ: Despite quitting EITI, Azerbaijan remained loyal to its principles
- 07.12.2017Bitcoin breaks through the $16,000 mark
- 07.12.2017Tax burden is below 40 pct in Azerbaijan - review
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan’s new taxes minister Mikayil Jabbarov introduced to staff
- 06.12.2017Monetary base increases
- 06.12.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 06.12.2017ADB allocates $250M to Azerbaijani government
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit