Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 08.12.2016New heads appointed to two state banks - UPDATED
- 08.12.2016Subsistence minimum to increase 14%
- 08.12.2016Need criteria to reach AZN 116
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey may use national currencies in trade turnover
- 08.12.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 714M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 08.12.2016One more Russian bank becomes SOFAZ partner
- 08.12.2016Mortgage portfolio of closed four banks transfered to Bank BTB
- 07.12.2016Fitch announces forecasts on manat rate by 2018
- 07.12.2016ADB approves $500 million to support Azerbaijan's economy
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani president approves strategic road maps on major sectors of economy
- 06.12.2016Central Bank prepares proposal to reduce pressure on manat
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan to continue pursuing stringent monetary policy next year
- 06.12.2016Tariff changes increase revenues and expenditures in state budget for 2017
- 05.12.2016Russia’s Alfa Bank buys property of CDB’s subsidiary in Georgia
- 05.12.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 55M at auction
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees 2.5 times decline in foreign currency transactions
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in deposits in foreign currency
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in monetary base
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in cash in circulation
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees decline in October’s money supply
- 02.12.2016AMF suspended government mortgage lending for tens months
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan sees 14% decline in troubled loans
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in external borrowing
- 02.12.2016Draft budget recommended to plenary meeting of Azerbaijani parliament
- 01.12.2016ADIF pays AZN 712.5M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan to up targeted social assistance
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan increases subsistence minimum 14%
- 30.11.2016Elman Rustamov names factors affecting financial market
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan managing manat rate at certain level to find its value – central bank
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan has enough currency reserves to compensate losses from low oil price – CB chairman
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan developing plan to ensure macroeconomic stability and switch to new economic growth – CB chairman
- 30.11.2016Limit of need criteria to increase 10.5% over differentiation of prices of public utilities - minister
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijani parliament discussing 2017 state budget - UPDATED
- 30.11.2016Measures for normalization in banking sector may cause extra borrowing for state budget – Samir Sharifov
- 30.11.2016Azerbaijan targets to preserve macroeconomic stability in 2017 – finance minister
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan bans cigarette advertisement and tobacco companies from sponsoring
- 29.11.2016USD rate exceeds AZN 1.73
- 28.11.2016Contracts causing any loss at bank to be declared invalid
- 28.11.2016Special powers may be given to temporary administrators appointed to banks
- 28.11.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 72M at auction
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit