Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 24.08.2016Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.55M for road construction in Oghuz
- 24.08.2016FMSA: Banks don’t give authentic information about reasons for rejecting appeals to take loans
- 24.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 206M compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 24.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 23.08.2016SOFAZ sells $46M to 25 banks
- 23.08.2016Number of borrowers decline in Nakhchivan
- 23.08.2016Nakhchivan sees decline in insurance premiums
- 22.08.2016Central Bank: Rumours on devaluation are groundless
- 22.08.2016Central Bank attracts AZN 30M at auction
- 22.08.2016Financial Markets Supervisory Authority announces reasons for increase of demand for dollar
- 22.08.2016Next auction announced for privatization of state property
- 22.08.2016Fed close to hitting job and inflation targets: Fischer
- 22.08.2016Depositors of Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank to start receiving compensation from today
- 22.08.2016Compensation is completely paid to depositors at a time - ADIF
- 20.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 56M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 19.08.2016Muganbank ends Q2 on profit
- 19.08.2016ADIF addresses to Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank’s depositors
- 19.08.2016National Bank of Georgia appoints temporary administration in Caucasus Development Bank-Georgia
- 19.08.2016Georgia reduces product export to Azeraijan
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijan Central Bank to hold deposit auction
- 19.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 18.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 45M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 18.08.2016SOFAZ sells $50M to 29 banks
- 18.08.2016Ministry of Taxes: Calculation of VAT from trade mark-up should result in reduction of prices
- 18.08.2016AtaBank earns AZN 10M in H1
- 17.08.2016USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan reduces excise tax and customs duty on imported gasoline
- 17.08.2016Insurance event happened in Caucasus Development Bank and Atrabank - ADIF
- 17.08.2016Two banks declared bankrupt
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan puts up helicopters for auction
- 17.08.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate against foreign currencies
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan foreign trade operations exceed $9B
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan sees over 30% rise in budget transfers from customs authorities
- 16.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 42M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 16.08.2016SOFAZ sells $50M to 27 banks
- 16.08.2016Pasha Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.08.2016ADIF pays over AZN 40M compensation to four closed banks’ customers
- 15.08.2016PASHA Life doubles insurance compensations
- 15.08.2016NBC Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 15.08.2016E-trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit