Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017New head appointed to IBA-Moscow - EXCLUSIVE
- 18.01.2017ASB Bank ends 2016 on profit
- 18.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.8% decline in economy
- 18.01.2017ADIF pays over AZN 722M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.01.2017ADIF pays over AZN 722M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.01.2017TuranBank gets 3% decline in loan portfolio
- 17.01.2017Tax debts of several transnational companies written off
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with SUEZ CEO in Davos - UPDATED
- 17.01.2017Nearly AZN 15B invested in fixed capital in 2016
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijani president meets with President of Europe Selling & Market Operations at Procter & Gamble in Davos
- 17.01.2017Tax debts of state bodies in amount of AZN 22M written off
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan's positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $611M in 2016
- 17.01.2017Tax debt of Islamic Solidarity Games Operation Committee written off
- 17.01.2017Eight banks’ tax debt in amount of AZN 173,000 written off
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan reduces car import by 5 times
- 16.01.2017Amrahbank gets decline in loan portfolio
- 16.01.2017WB allocates $400M for TANAP
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover makes up nearly $20B in eleven months 2016
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani president meets with EBRD president in Davos - UPDATED
- 16.01.2017PASHA Life sharply increases payments in 2016
- 13.01.2017Bank Nikoil gets decline in assets
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan announces level of inflation
- 13.01.2017Number of workers in economy announced
- 13.01.2017Coca-Cola gets sharp decline in sale in Azerbaijan
- 13.01.2017Kapital Bank ends 2016 on profit
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan sees over 17% rise in SCC budget transfers
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan Central Bank to attract AZN 15M
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijan sees decline in monetary base in December
- 13.01.2017CB announces amount of currency reserves
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani president approves draft law on ‘tax amnesty’
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani ministry fulfills 2016 budget tasks on taxpayers to full extent
- 12.01.2017Pensions for January to be paid in coming days: Azerbaijani ministry
- 12.01.2017Azerbaijani banks to offer non-cash loans
- 12.01.2017Moody's: Karabakh conflict weighs on CIS economies
- 11.01.2017IBA to be normalized this year – Khalid Ahadov - EXCLUSIVE
- 11.01.2017Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends 2016 on profit
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in cash in circulation
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees 5% rise in troubled loans
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply
- 11.01.2017Foreign currency deposits make up 81 percent of total bank deposits
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit