Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Extra-budgetary fund of tax authorities receive AZN 62M this year
- 18.10.2017AFB Bank’s special reserves make up AZN 25M
- 18.10.2017FIMSA comments on consolidation of Rabitabank and Bank Respublika
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan – third biggest investor of Turkey
- 17.10.2017Over AZN 6 billion liquid funds emerged in banking sector - ABA
- 17.10.2017Association: We think all banks should keep operating
- 17.10.2017AZN 41,250 paid in compensation to those suffered by accident resulted in killing of six students
- 17.10.2017Xalg Bank sees 14% decline in personal savings
- 16.10.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia this year make up AZN 11.3M
- 16.10.2017Gunay Bank’s debt to Central Bank declines
- 16.10.2017Caspian European Club to hold business forum with head of SCC
- 16.10.2017Kapital Bank’s profit nears AZN 58M
- 16.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.10.2017AGBank repays AZN 5M to central bank
- 16.10.2017AGBank’s troubled loans increase by AZN 28M
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks to work on enhanced mode during shopping festival
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 652 million to payment of loan interests
- 13.10.2017Average monthly salary increases 7.4% in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 636M
- 13.10.2017Average exchange rate of manat for September announced
- 13.10.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 739M in three quarters of 2017
- 13.10.2017GDP makes up AZN 50B in January-September
- 13.10.2017AzerGold earns $62M from export of gold and silver
- 12.10.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan announced
- 12.10.2017Number of workers in economy announced
- 12.10.2017Nikoil Bank increases total capital by 28.5%
- 12.10.2017Bank Melli Iran Baku ends nine months on profit
- 12.10.2017AZN 11B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 11B on food this year
- 11.10.2017ADIF pays AZN 748M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 11.10.2017PwC: Since sanction to Russia, western firms chose Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees 54% rise in liabilities
- 11.10.2017AccessBank: Stabilization of exchange rate has had significant impact on some slowdown of dollarization in economy
- 11.10.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and EU declines
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijan managed to get back funds flown to Georgia and Turkey after devaluation – Vusal Musayev
- 11.10.2017NBC Bank sees 23% rise in liabilities
- 11.10.2017SCC chairman: Some excise taxes may be increased
- 11.10.2017Inflation in Azerbaijan makes up 0.7% in September
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan invested more than $2.4 billion in post-Soviet countries last year
- 10.10.2017Interest rate on loans hike in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit