Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 27.07.2016UniCredit considers selling its stake in Poland's Pekao
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijani Taxes Ministry announces new appointment
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani manat continues to weaken against US dollar
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan’s NIKOIL Bank names new deputy chairman of board
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sells $50M to local banks
- 26.07.2016Azer-Turk Bank assets up in 2Q 2016
- 25.07.2016Depositors of liquidated banks to get compensation starting August 1
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani manat continues to weaken against US dollar
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan-Georgia trade turnover down in H1 2016
- 23.07.2016ISIS-affiliated group hacks websites of Azerbaijani company - UPDATED
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund to attract loan from Central Bank
- 22.07.2016Rufat Aslanli: Decision on liquidation of four banks in Azerbaijan taken together with Finance Ministry, Central Bank
- 22.07.2016Insured deposits in 4 liquidated banks of Azerbaijan surpass AZN 140M - UPDATED
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Parabank may become a non-bank credit organization
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sells $50M to local banks at auction
- 21.07.2016Management changes at Azerbaijani insurance company
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijani manat rate for July 20
- 19.07.2016Bank Silk Way faces loss in Q2 2016
- 19.07.2016Azerbaijan’s State Oil Fund sell $50M to local banks at auction
- 19.07.2016Official Exchange Rates
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Q2 positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes $57m
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank attracts 37M manats at deposit auction
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank announces manat rate for July 18
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan establishes Financial Stability Board
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijani population spends AZN 600M on loan interests in H1 2016
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees AZN 688M deficit in state budget execution in H1 2016
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 3.4% economic decline
- 13.07.2016Major staff changes at Azerbaijan Deposit Insurance Fund
- 13.07.2016Sweden - strong supporter on EU-Azerbaijan substantive agreement, says ambassador
- 13.07.2016Azerbaijan to primarily apply tax free system at int'l airports
- 12.07.2016Rule on Tax Free enters into force in Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2016SOFAZ not affected by Brexit - executive director
- 12.07.2016SOFAZ plans to purchase real estate in Turkey
- 12.07.2016Azerbaijan, UN sign framework agreement
- 11.07.2016Annual inflation reaches 10.5% in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2016IBA Georgia makes staff changes
- 11.07.2016Ministry of Taxes transfers over AZN 3B to state budget
- 11.07.2016Azerbaijan sees rise in number of ATMs
- 11.07.2016Azerbaijan sees decline in money supply
- 11.07.2016No mortgage loans allocated by banks in May
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit