Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 26.09.2016Dramatic devaluation of manat unlikely – CBA head
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan Int’l Bank to shrink – finance minister
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan seeks fair rate of manat – finance minister
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for expenditures growth rate
- 23.09.2016ECB warns crowded banking sector is squashing profits
- 23.09.2016ADIF pays over AZN 258M in compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani gov’t discusses 2017 state budget
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for revenues growth rate
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for total capital growth rate
- 21.09.2016Sovereign and Pension Funds gather in Baku
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings growth rate
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for deposit portfolio growth rate
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani company’s Montenegro-based bank renamed
- 19.09.2016Money transfer from Georgia to Azerbaijan and vice verse increased
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for loan portfolio growth rate
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for assets growth rate
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan foreign trade operations exceed $11B
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees nearly 40% rise in budget transfers from SCC
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan reduces car import over 6 times
- 16.09.2016FMSA urged Zolotaya Korona to stop money transfers to Armenia
- 16.09.2016Upper limit of interest rate on insured deposits raised to 15%
- 16.09.2016ADIF pays AZN 252M in compensation to nine closed banks’ customers
- 16.09.2016President's Aide: SOCAR’s bonds may be put up for sale
- 16.09.2016"Fitch Ratings" confirms DemirBank’s long-term foreign currency IDR at ‘B’
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 119M decline in budget deficit
- 16.09.2016Nearly AZN 9B invested in fixed capital in eight months of 2016
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan sees 3% economic decline
- 16.09.2016IMF: Azerbaijan should focus on reorganizing banking sector
- 15.09.2016Financial Markets Supervisory Authority comments on reports about revoking lisences of several banks
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijani population spend AZN 9.3B to food products
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for demand deposits
- 15.09.2016Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for term deposits
- 15.09.2016Volume of Azerbaijan’s foreign trade operations in January-July announced
- 15.09.2016Number and wages of hired workers in Azerbaijan’s economy announced
- 15.09.2016Inflation in January-August makes 10.8% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016"Fitch" welcomes Azerbaijani government preserving assets in foreign currency
- 15.09.2016IMF urges regulators to help problematic banks in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2016IMF: Azerbaijani government takes a number of actions against external shocks
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit