Azerbaijan to exempt import of some goods from customs duty
According to APA, several goods are exempted from customs duty in the draft law on “Customs tariff”, which was entered the parliament from Presidential Administration and discussed at the economic policy committee of the parliament.
According to law, certain cargos, luggage and fishing Azerbaijani ships and material support withdrawn from customs area to provide activity of the ships leased by Azerbaijani legal entities and individuals, fuel, food, medicine and other products are exempted from customs duty. At the same time, national currency, foreign currency and securities are exempted from the duties.
At the same time, personal belongings of migrants, household equipments, instruments for labor activity are exempted from the duties.
Besides, the project says relevant executive agency may impose considered tariff concessions for concrete period on the import of equipment providing modern technology and stuff to develop the concrete sphere if it is impossible to pay the production needs from local stuff.
If incorrect value is offered to any good by any customs officer and the court considers it correct, that officer is brought to disciplinary responsibility along with arresting.
During the discussions, MP Vahid Ahmedov said that intensive talks are being held to enter World Trade Organization and several problems can be resolved after entering the organization: “The document must be drafted in accordance with the WTO requirements”.
Chairman of Committee Ziyad Samadzadeh noted that competitive products must be produced in the country to protect the domestic market, increase export.
After discussions, the draft law was recommended to plenary meeting of Milli Majlis.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Central Bank to attract AZN 50M
- 21.10.2016EBRD invested €2.5B in Azerbaijan so far
- 21.10.2016ADIF pays over AZN 527M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 20.10.2016Gunay Bank seeks foreign shareholder
- 20.10.2016Georgia reduces product export to Azeraijan
- 20.10.2016ADIF pays over AZN 498M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 19.10.2016Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan ends Q3 on profit
- 19.10.2016Bank Silk Way gets decline in total capital
- 19.10.2016Bank Eurasia ends eight months on profit
- 19.10.2016PASHA Bank among World's Best Emerging Markets Banks in Asia-Pacific 2016
- 19.10.2016Azerbaijan may become shareholder of Eurasian Development Bank
- 19.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 461M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 18.10.2016World Bank ready to support Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani president: Crisis on oil price showed that funds should be used economically
- 18.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 407M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 17.10.2016UK heads list of countries investing in Azerbaijan's fixed capital
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade operations makes up $340M
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees over 47% rise in budget transfers from SCC
- 17.10.2016Azerbaijan sees 4% decline in economy
- 17.10.2016Bank Respublika increases authorized capital
- 14.10.2016Money transfer from Georgia to Azerbaijan and vice verse decreased
- 14.10.2016IBA-Georgia gets rise in liabilities
- 14.10.2016Customs transfers to state budget increased 2.3 times
- 14.10.2016State budget executed at over AZN 519M-deficit in nine months
- 14.10.2016VTB invested $700M in Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijan ranks 5th in CIS for public debt/GDP ratio
- 13.10.2016T-bills placement
- 13.10.2016PASHA Life increases insurance payments 3.4 times
- 13.10.2016Over AZN 10B invested in fixed capital in nine months of 2016
- 13.10.2016Central Bank announces results of bilateral currency auction
- 13.10.2016Anglo Asian Mining announces amount of debt to loca banks
- 13.10.2016Armenia’s public debt reaches $5.6 billion
- 13.10.2016CBA may reconsider reduction of discount rate
- 13.10.2016Fitch affirms Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s shareholder at 'BBB-' with Negative Outlook
- 12.10.2016Shahmar Movsumov: SOFAZ to be affected by decline in London-based offices’ value
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ assets anticipated to $35B next year
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ may extend period of deposit in International Bank of Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2016SOFAZ gets 7% rise in assets
- 12.10.2016ADIF pays nearly AZN 271M in compensation to ten closed banks’ customers
- 18.04.2013VTB Azerbaijan gets 52% rise in Q1 assets
- 18.04.2013Bank Avrasiya gets sharp in Q1 consumer lending
- 19.04.2013Azerbaijan sees sharp rise in services index
- 18.04.2013Annual balance profit of insurers makes AZN 48 mln in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2013Bank SilkWay gets 29% rise in Q1 incomes
- 18.04.2013Mugan Bank sees 15% decline in Q1 profit