Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
There are good bilateral ties between Switzerland and Azerbaijan, Swiss Ambassador to Azerbaijan Philipp Stadler said at a press conference in Baku on Friday, APA reported.
The envoy mentioned that the four-year strategy adopted by Switzerland last year includes two priorities related to Azerbaijan.
"These priorities envisage provision of support to the development of financial sector, small and medium-sized businesses in Azerbaijan,” he said.
Switzerland’s economy is growing, said the ambassador, explaining this with a 10 percent increase in the economy of its key trade partners – the United States and Eurozone.
“Switzerland’s GDP grew by 2.3% in 2017. Unemployment rate in the country is less than 3 percent and inflation is 0.5 percent,” he added.
Ambassador Stadler noted that Swiss companies are actively operating in Azerbaijan.
“More than 20 Swiss companies operate in Azerbaijan. The trade turnover between the two countries is equal to 200 million US dollars. But we are confident that this figure will increase further,” he added.
- 24.05.2018Moody’s: Azerbaijan’s economy to grow 3% next year
- 24.05.2018Moody’s: Capital adequacy in banking sector improved following measures for IBA normalization
- 24.05.2018Moody’s Investors Service holding annual summit on Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan issues 200 AZN banknotes
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan exports 591 mcm of gas to Turkey in March
- 23.05.2018Premiums on credit insurance quintuple
- 23.05.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 22.05.2018Deputy Minister: Economic reforms ensured macroeconomic stability in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to revise 2018 state budget
- 21.05.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $360M this year
- 21.05.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 301M
- 18.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 18.05.2018Most popular Bakcell tariff “Ela” becomes unlimited
- 18.05.2018Report of Chamber of Accounts on 2017 submitted to parliament
- 17.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.05.2018Ministry of Taxes combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law - INTERVIEW
- 17.05.2018BP announces volume of oil and gas transported via Sangachal terminal
- 17.05.2018Alim Guliyev: Central Bank is comprehensively researching risks on cryptocurrencies
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan AR
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.2% growth in economy
- 16.05.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.2% in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan-based financial organizations’ loan portfolio in national currency exceeds AZN 11.6B
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 281M in two months
- 16.05.2018Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 16.05.2018State budget executed with deficit of AZN 654M
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import by 2.7-fold
- 16.05.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 15.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.05.2018Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund issues AZN 20M bond
- 15.05.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan announced
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in Q1 makes up $2.5B
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’