Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
There are good bilateral ties between Switzerland and Azerbaijan, Swiss Ambassador to Azerbaijan Philipp Stadler said at a press conference in Baku on Friday, APA reported.
The envoy mentioned that the four-year strategy adopted by Switzerland last year includes two priorities related to Azerbaijan.
"These priorities envisage provision of support to the development of financial sector, small and medium-sized businesses in Azerbaijan,” he said.
Switzerland’s economy is growing, said the ambassador, explaining this with a 10 percent increase in the economy of its key trade partners – the United States and Eurozone.
“Switzerland’s GDP grew by 2.3% in 2017. Unemployment rate in the country is less than 3 percent and inflation is 0.5 percent,” he added.
Ambassador Stadler noted that Swiss companies are actively operating in Azerbaijan.
“More than 20 Swiss companies operate in Azerbaijan. The trade turnover between the two countries is equal to 200 million US dollars. But we are confident that this figure will increase further,” he added.
- 22.01.2018AFB Bank gets 69% rise in assets
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijan ranks third in terms of inclusive development index
- 22.01.2018NBP Baku branch ends 2017 on loss
- 22.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 22.01.2018New Deputy Minister of Taxes appointed in Azerbaijan
- 22.01.2018PASHA Bank gets rise in liabilities in 2017
- 19.01.2018Unibank ends 2017 on profit
- 19.01.2018Aydin Aliyev comments on reports regarding merger of SCC with other state bodies
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 24% rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 19.01.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 19.01.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s liabilities increase by 69%
- 18.01.2018New department created in Ministry of Taxes
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan to develop draft law on Investment activity
- 18.01.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 18.01.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.01.2018Personal incomes rise more than 8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Average exchange rate of manat for December announced
- 17.01.2018Average monthly salary increases 6.2% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Central Bank comments on refusal of floating exchange rate regime
- 17.01.2018Turanbank ends 2017 on loss
- 17.01.2018Demirbank’s foreign stakeholder comments on its closure
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Corporation established
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’