Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
There are good bilateral ties between Switzerland and Azerbaijan, Swiss Ambassador to Azerbaijan Philipp Stadler said at a press conference in Baku on Friday, APA reported.
The envoy mentioned that the four-year strategy adopted by Switzerland last year includes two priorities related to Azerbaijan.
"These priorities envisage provision of support to the development of financial sector, small and medium-sized businesses in Azerbaijan,” he said.
Switzerland’s economy is growing, said the ambassador, explaining this with a 10 percent increase in the economy of its key trade partners – the United States and Eurozone.
“Switzerland’s GDP grew by 2.3% in 2017. Unemployment rate in the country is less than 3 percent and inflation is 0.5 percent,” he added.
Ambassador Stadler noted that Swiss companies are actively operating in Azerbaijan.
“More than 20 Swiss companies operate in Azerbaijan. The trade turnover between the two countries is equal to 200 million US dollars. But we are confident that this figure will increase further,” he added.
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 12.07.2018London-Mumbai flight makes emergency landing in Baku
- 12.07.2018BSE turnover increases by 2.7-fold
- 12.07.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for June
- 11.07.2018Bank Melli Iran Baku sees decline in loan portfolio
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’