Azerbaijan’s economy will grow 1 percent - ADB
ADB had earlier forecasted 1.1 percent decline in Azerbaijan in 2017.
According to him, the economic decline is mainly caused by decrease of oil price.
“In the first half of 2017, the oil output reduced 9 percent in the country, which is 0.4 percent more than last year’s reduction”, he said.
Along with this, Mannapbekov thinks that Azerbaijan’s economy will grow: “the economy will grow on the background of start of output in Shahdeniz 2 in 2018 and normalization of private sector”.
According to him, the GDP will rise 1% in Azerbaijan in 2018.
The ADB official welcomed positive tendency in non-oil sector.
He says the inflation will make up 14% in 2017, while previous forecast was 9%.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for profit
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for authorized capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for total capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for liabilities
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for assets
- 20.04.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 19.04.2018Minister: Hosting Expo 2025 would cost 765mln euros
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees rise in total capital
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 193M
- 19.04.2018Nakhchivan Bank increases liabilities
- 19.04.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $270M this year
- 18.04.2018Iran refuses USD in international settlements
- 18.04.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.04.201849% of SOFAZ investment portfolio is in USD
- 18.04.2018Gunay Bank increases assets by 53%
- 18.04.2018Bank of Baku gets decline in liabilities
- 18.04.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 4.4B in Q1
- 18.04.2018IMF: Current account balance to make up 5.6% of GDP in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2018Foreign companies and organizations direct more than $1.3B to fixed capital
- 18.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan invested $1.2B in Switzerland
- 17.04.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan sees 2.3% growth in economy in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan to reduce tax burden on small and medium business
- 17.04.2018CEO: Central Bank of Azerbaijan sold sufficient cash to banks
- 17.04.2018PASHA Bank creates digital laboratory jointly with IBM
- 17.04.2018AMCGF places first tranche of bonds
- 17.04.2018Turan Bank ends Q1 on loss
- 17.04.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 16.04.2018Xalg Bank sees 24% rise in liabilities
- 16.04.2018National Bank of Pakistan Baku branch increases liabilities
- 16.04.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 16.04.2018Bank Eurasia gets 24% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.04.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $18.9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.04.2018Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase
- 04.10.2017IBA restructuring stabilized banking sector – ADB
- 04.10.2017President makes amendment in decree on SOFAZ budget for 2017
- 06.10.2017AMFA: Microfinance institutions see sharp decline in number of customers
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in September’s monetary base
- 04.10.2017CB currency reserves rise 30%
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see rise in deposit portfolio