Azerbaijan’s economy will grow 1 percent - ADB
ADB had earlier forecasted 1.1 percent decline in Azerbaijan in 2017.
According to him, the economic decline is mainly caused by decrease of oil price.
“In the first half of 2017, the oil output reduced 9 percent in the country, which is 0.4 percent more than last year’s reduction”, he said.
Along with this, Mannapbekov thinks that Azerbaijan’s economy will grow: “the economy will grow on the background of start of output in Shahdeniz 2 in 2018 and normalization of private sector”.
According to him, the GDP will rise 1% in Azerbaijan in 2018.
The ADB official welcomed positive tendency in non-oil sector.
He says the inflation will make up 14% in 2017, while previous forecast was 9%.
Related news releases
- 24.10.2017Dollar hits three-month peak vs. yen after Abe party's win
- 23.10.2017Xalg Insurance sees 2% decline in assets
- 23.10.2017Muganbank concludes nine months with loss
- 23.10.2017Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 23.10.2017PASHA Bank Georgia concludes nine months with profit
- 23.10.2017Date of Iranian minister’s visit to Azerbaijan changed
- 23.10.2017BakuBus concludes 2016 with loss
- 20.10.2017Silk Way Insurance concludes nine months with profit
- 20.10.2017Baku branch of National Bank of Pakistan concludes quarter with loss
- 20.10.2017Bank VTB Azerbaijan increases deposit portfolio
- 20.10.2017AZN 442M to be paid to IBA creditors next year
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan to allocate AZN 250M for social mortgage from 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover makes up $2B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases expenditures on law-enforcement agencies, prosecutor’s office, defence and judiciary in 2018 state budget
- 20.10.2017Economic growth in Azerbaijan to make up 1.5% next year
- 20.10.2017SCC transfers nearly AZN 2B to state budget this year
- 20.10.2017Base oil price in state budget makes up $45
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan offers Arab countries to create joint investment funds
- 20.10.2017SOFAZ assets exceed $36B
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan increases upper limit of SOFAZ transfers to state budget
- 20.10.2017Parameters of 2018 state budget announced
- 19.10.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 100M
- 19.10.2017Bank Silk Way concludes three quarters with profit
- 19.10.2017WB forecasts economic growth in Azerbaijan for next two years
- 19.10.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $500M
- 19.10.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to parliament
- 19.10.2017Central Bank transfers AZN 250M to state budget
- 19.10.2017AZN 784M budget deficit emerged in nine months
- 18.10.2017AMF issues AZN 25M bond
- 18.10.2017Extra-budgetary fund of tax authorities receive AZN 62M this year
- 18.10.2017AFB Bank’s special reserves make up AZN 25M
- 18.10.2017FIMSA comments on consolidation of Rabitabank and Bank Respublika
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan – third biggest investor of Turkey
- 17.10.2017Over AZN 6 billion liquid funds emerged in banking sector - ABA
- 17.10.2017Association: We think all banks should keep operating
- 17.10.2017AZN 41,250 paid in compensation to those suffered by accident resulted in killing of six students
- 17.10.2017Xalg Bank sees 14% decline in personal savings
- 16.10.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia this year make up AZN 11.3M
- 16.10.2017Gunay Bank’s debt to Central Bank declines
- 16.10.2017Caspian European Club to hold business forum with head of SCC
- 04.10.2017IBA restructuring stabilized banking sector – ADB
- 04.10.2017President makes amendment in decree on SOFAZ budget for 2017
- 06.10.2017AMFA: Microfinance institutions see sharp decline in number of customers
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in September’s monetary base
- 04.10.2017CB currency reserves rise 30%
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijan-based banks see rise in deposit portfolio