Azerbaijan invests over $650M in Turkey in 2016
According to Anadolu agency, 30% of investments were made at late 2016.
In December 2016 $1,991,000,000 was invested in Turkey, which is 17-year high, up 4.5 times from November 2016, 37.4% from 2015.
In 2015 $12.1 billion was invested in Turkey’s economy.
European countries invested $4.265 billion in 2016, while it was $7.98 billion in 2015.
The UK invested $961 million in Turkey, Netherlands invested $956 million, Germany $430 million and Spain $409 million.
Asian countries invested $2 billion. Of this, $652 million was invested by Azerbaijan, $375 million by Qatar.
In December 2016 the UK invested $444 million, Netherlands $394 million, China $300 million, Qatar $285 million and Azerbaijan $175 million.
Related news releases
- 22.09.2017Financial Monitoring Service removes one person from blacklist
- 22.09.2017Central Bank develops special program for increase of interest rate transmission capability
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani gov't discusses 2018 state budget
- 21.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 21.09.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 100M
- 21.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 21.09.2017US Federal Reserve holds interest rates steady
- 20.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 20.09.2017ADIF pays AZN 748M in compensation to eleven closed banks’ customers
- 19.09.2017Minister: "IBA can be prepared for privatization"
- 19.09.2017Chamber of Accounts makes decision to send materials on University of Economy to General Prosecutor’s Office
- 19.09.2017Elman Rustamov: We see no risk for manat rate
- 19.09.2017WB: Azerbaijan is our loyal partner
- 19.09.2017CB chairman: Currency market balanced, manat stabilized
- 19.09.2017WB allocated $3.6B for more than 50 projects in Azerbaijan so far
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Credit activity in Azerbaijan still remains unrecovered
- 19.09.2017Central Bank: Manat stability accompanied by decline in dollarization
- 18.09.2017USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.09.2017Draft state budget for 2018 submitted to government
- 15.09.2017Average monthly salary increases 7% in Azerbaijan
- 15.09.2017State budget executed with deficit of AZN 539M
- 15.09.2017Average exchange rate of manat for August announced
- 15.09.2017GDP amounts to AZN 43.7M in Azerbaijan this year
- 15.09.2017Money transfers from Azerbaijan to Georgia increase 11%
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani population spend AZN 11B to food this year
- 15.09.2017AZN 10B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital this year
- 15.09.2017EBRD may become shareholder of IBA
- 14.09.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017AmCham Azerbaijan welcomes initiative on monitoring of the Strategic Road Map
- 14.09.2017USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.09.2017IMF: Dollarization will decline after restoration of confidence in manat
- 13.09.2017IMF: Azerbaijan’s economic situation recovers
- 13.09.2017IMF laudes reforms carried out in Azerbaijan - Department Director - UPDATED
- 13.09.2017Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president approves rules on use of social insurance reserve and payment of additional funds to special accounts on insured persons
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 10% rise in foreign trade operations
- 12.09.2017SCC increases budget transfers by 20%
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 64%
- 12.09.2017Deputy chairman of Central Bank resigns
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan-based banks ranking for personal savings
- 15.02.2017Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 200M
- 15.02.2017Money transfers from Georgia to Azerbaijan decline in January
- 14.02.2017Average monthly salary increased 7% in 2016
- 14.02.2017SOFAZ releases revenue and expenditure statement for 2016
- 14.02.2017CB board three members’ terms of office end