Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
On December 21, "Banking Awards-2017" ceremony was held by the organizational support of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA), APA-Economics reports.
Representatives of the top management of commercial banks, representatives of international financial institutions in Baku, leaders of expert groups under the ABA, media partners and others attended the event.
Speaking at the event, ABA President Zakir Nuriyev noted that the experts of the organization in 2017 participated in the development and application of a number of bills and regulations.
Z.Nuriev, having touched upon the issue of establishing a bank ombudsman, noted that this step corresponds to the world banking practice: "ABA also organized an international IT conference on cybersecurity in the financial and banking sector, the 2nd banking forum on "Adapting the banking sector to the current stage of development: reforms, results, prospects."
During the forum, local and foreign experts held interesting presentations, expressed interesting and useful opinions.
The relations with local structures, in particular the Central Bank, the Chamber of Control over Financial Markets, the Ministry of Taxes, the Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communications, and with international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, SECO and other organizations were expanded.
The expert groups under the ABA demonstrated active activity, over 60 meetings and roundtables were held during the year, about 30 letters of appeal, recommendatory documents were sent to the authorized structures, dozens of interviews were given to TV channels and other media, and expert opinions were made public.
ABA, having evaluated various realized projects (corporate projects of social responsibility, support of education and financial literacy), identified the most active banks.
So, in the nomination "Corporate social responsibility" were awarded to the JSC "AccessBank", OJSC "Amrahbank", OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "Bank of Baku", OJSC "Expressbank", OJSC "Xalq Bank", OJSC "Kapital Bank" , OJSC "PAŞA Bank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support of financial literacy", the best were OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "NBCBank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support to education", the awards were awarded to Amrahbank OJSC, Bank of Baku OJSC, Bank VTB (Azərbaycan) OJSC and OJSC Kapital Bank
The awards were also presented to representatives of government agencies closely cooperating with the ABA in 2017.
In addition, the International Financial Corporation, the Swiss Cooperation Organization (SECO), Ernst & Young, Altair LLC, Antaris LLC and other international and local organizations were awarded in the "Gold Partner" category.
In the nomination "Copper Partner" media representatives who closely collaborated with the ABA in the past year were also awarded. Among the awardees was also the APA news agency.
Also in various nominations, ABA expert groups were awarded.
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s Central Bank to raise 250M manats at auction
- 12.01.2018Addresses where DemirBank's protected depositors will receive compensation announced
- 12.01.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.01.2018Fitch assigns Petkim 'B' IDR
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
- 21.12.2017AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services