Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
On December 21, "Banking Awards-2017" ceremony was held by the organizational support of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA), APA-Economics reports.
Representatives of the top management of commercial banks, representatives of international financial institutions in Baku, leaders of expert groups under the ABA, media partners and others attended the event.
Speaking at the event, ABA President Zakir Nuriyev noted that the experts of the organization in 2017 participated in the development and application of a number of bills and regulations.
Z.Nuriev, having touched upon the issue of establishing a bank ombudsman, noted that this step corresponds to the world banking practice: "ABA also organized an international IT conference on cybersecurity in the financial and banking sector, the 2nd banking forum on "Adapting the banking sector to the current stage of development: reforms, results, prospects."
During the forum, local and foreign experts held interesting presentations, expressed interesting and useful opinions.
The relations with local structures, in particular the Central Bank, the Chamber of Control over Financial Markets, the Ministry of Taxes, the Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communications, and with international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, SECO and other organizations were expanded.
The expert groups under the ABA demonstrated active activity, over 60 meetings and roundtables were held during the year, about 30 letters of appeal, recommendatory documents were sent to the authorized structures, dozens of interviews were given to TV channels and other media, and expert opinions were made public.
ABA, having evaluated various realized projects (corporate projects of social responsibility, support of education and financial literacy), identified the most active banks.
So, in the nomination "Corporate social responsibility" were awarded to the JSC "AccessBank", OJSC "Amrahbank", OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "Bank of Baku", OJSC "Expressbank", OJSC "Xalq Bank", OJSC "Kapital Bank" , OJSC "PAŞA Bank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support of financial literacy", the best were OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "NBCBank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support to education", the awards were awarded to Amrahbank OJSC, Bank of Baku OJSC, Bank VTB (Azərbaycan) OJSC and OJSC Kapital Bank
The awards were also presented to representatives of government agencies closely cooperating with the ABA in 2017.
In addition, the International Financial Corporation, the Swiss Cooperation Organization (SECO), Ernst & Young, Altair LLC, Antaris LLC and other international and local organizations were awarded in the "Gold Partner" category.
In the nomination "Copper Partner" media representatives who closely collaborated with the ABA in the past year were also awarded. Among the awardees was also the APA news agency.
Also in various nominations, ABA expert groups were awarded.
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 130 cars this year
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% decline in capital outflow
- 14.06.2018Direct investments to Azerbaijan exceed $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Positive balance on money transfers to Azerbaijan reaches AZN 159M in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s net financial assets increase by $1B in Q1
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees $ 1.1B-surplus in balance of payment
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in five months makes up $3.3B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s funds in IBA reach AZN 1.5B
- 14.06.2018SOCAR gets 25% rise in money in banks
- 14.06.2018Compensations paid to SOCAR management last year exceed AZN 1.2M
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 350M in this year
- 14.06.2018Average exchange rate of manat for May announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.1% growth in economy
- 14.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan lowers interest rates
- 14.06.2018Budget executed with a surplus of AZN 651mln during 5 months of 2018
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: ‘To lower loan interest rates, risks have to be eliminated’
- 14.06.2018Elman Rustamov: Inflation rate projected to become single-digit by end of 2018
- 13.06.2018Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijan Railways to increase authorized capital by AZN 100M
- 13.06.2018SCC transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget in five months
- 13.06.2018AZN 5.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in five months of 2018
- 13.06.2018Seminar on Azerbaijan’s customs – challenges for today and tomorrow kicks off in Baku
- 13.06.2018Ministry of Taxes transfers AZN 2.4B to state budget
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 7B on food this year
- 12.06.2018Reasons for revision of state budget announced
- 12.06.2018SOFAZ’s budget transfers increased by 19%
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan increases forecast on SCC’s budget transfers by 30%
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan’s external public debt for four months announced
- 12.06.2018Forecast on budget transfers through Ministry of Taxes increased by 6%
- 12.06.2018Base oil price in 2018 state budget to be increased
- 12.06.2018Revenues and expenditures of 2018 state budget to be increased
- 12.06.2018Draft law on amendments to 2018 state budget submitted to parliament
- 12.06.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 11.06.2018Bakcell supports events organized by British Embassy
- 11.06.2018SOCAR’s new building opened in Istanbul
- 11.06.2018Ata Holding sees decline in assets
- 11.06.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 11.06.2018Average monthly salary of workers in economy reaches AZN 539
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for road construction Gazakh
- 08.06.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
- 21.12.2017AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services