Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
On December 21, "Banking Awards-2017" ceremony was held by the organizational support of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA), APA-Economics reports.
Representatives of the top management of commercial banks, representatives of international financial institutions in Baku, leaders of expert groups under the ABA, media partners and others attended the event.
Speaking at the event, ABA President Zakir Nuriyev noted that the experts of the organization in 2017 participated in the development and application of a number of bills and regulations.
Z.Nuriev, having touched upon the issue of establishing a bank ombudsman, noted that this step corresponds to the world banking practice: "ABA also organized an international IT conference on cybersecurity in the financial and banking sector, the 2nd banking forum on "Adapting the banking sector to the current stage of development: reforms, results, prospects."
During the forum, local and foreign experts held interesting presentations, expressed interesting and useful opinions.
The relations with local structures, in particular the Central Bank, the Chamber of Control over Financial Markets, the Ministry of Taxes, the Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communications, and with international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, SECO and other organizations were expanded.
The expert groups under the ABA demonstrated active activity, over 60 meetings and roundtables were held during the year, about 30 letters of appeal, recommendatory documents were sent to the authorized structures, dozens of interviews were given to TV channels and other media, and expert opinions were made public.
ABA, having evaluated various realized projects (corporate projects of social responsibility, support of education and financial literacy), identified the most active banks.
So, in the nomination "Corporate social responsibility" were awarded to the JSC "AccessBank", OJSC "Amrahbank", OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "Bank of Baku", OJSC "Expressbank", OJSC "Xalq Bank", OJSC "Kapital Bank" , OJSC "PAŞA Bank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support of financial literacy", the best were OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "NBCBank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support to education", the awards were awarded to Amrahbank OJSC, Bank of Baku OJSC, Bank VTB (Azərbaycan) OJSC and OJSC Kapital Bank
The awards were also presented to representatives of government agencies closely cooperating with the ABA in 2017.
In addition, the International Financial Corporation, the Swiss Cooperation Organization (SECO), Ernst & Young, Altair LLC, Antaris LLC and other international and local organizations were awarded in the "Gold Partner" category.
In the nomination "Copper Partner" media representatives who closely collaborated with the ABA in the past year were also awarded. Among the awardees was also the APA news agency.
Also in various nominations, ABA expert groups were awarded.
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.03.2018Azer Turk Bank to operate on holidays
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani customs officers prevent smuggling of 52 kg heroin
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves amount to $44B
- 19.03.2018PASHA Life announces of financial performances for 2017
- 19.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 19.03.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $182M this year
- 19.03.2018PASHA Bank’s Turkey-based subsidiary increases authorized capital
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by seven fold
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
- 21.12.2017AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services